PDA

View Full Version : Andy Beyer at Tampa Bay Downs

JustMissed
12-24-2003, 03:56 PM
Andy was celebrity guest at TBD yesterday. He presented the prize for 1st race and co-hosted the on-track handicapping program for the 5th race with our local capper Margo Flynn.

He said it was his first time at TBD. I just guessed his momma lived around here someone and he was visiting for Christmas.

Anyway, the 5th was a 6F for F&M 3+ NW16m. Andy said there were only two horses with any speed, the 5 & 1. He said the rest were just plodders. Ole Margo went with the 1 and pretty sternly said she didn't like Andy's pick, the 5 horse, because of the 31 day layoff. Andy very gingerly said he thought the 5 horse was a little bit faster.

Anyway, I had already decided on the 5(1st TSN Prime Power by the way),after Andy's support I doubled my win bet and boxed the 1-5 in the exacta. The 5 won going away and paid $8.80. I lost the exacta as the 1 horse ran third. I'm sure Margo would have loved to publically out capped one of the greatest, but it's hard to beat the pros.

Later in the day, one of the fellows in the box in front of me dispeared for a while. When he came back his friend asked him where he had been and he said he was sitting with Andy Beyer. He told his buddy that Andy asked him who he liked and when he told him Andy looked at him as if to say "what the hell are you thinking". The guy went on to say that Andy gave him his pick and explained why and that Andy's pick won and his pick finished up the track.

Anyway, yesterday was pretty neat to have Andy at the track.

I would love to spent a day or two at the track with Andy or Steve Davidowitz or Art Cananles or any of the great players. What a great Christmas present that would be.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas,

JustMissed
:)