PDA

View Full Version : Observation of Mountaineer Video

Track Collector
03-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Has anyone noticed the new look to the Mountaineer simulcast video display? They have much improved layout, graphics , display colors, etc. I particularly like the two shades of color used for each individual saddlecloth number when the odds are displayed.

Very sharp and attractive IMO. Kudos to those responsible. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Now if I can only make the numbers they list in the payout positions match the ones I put on my tickets. (And I know who is responsible for that!) :)

Zaf
03-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Yes Like it too :ThmbUp:

Z

BMustang
03-13-2012, 08:22 AM
Appealing to the eye but lacking in information.

In the old graphics we were given daily double and Pick 3 probable payoffs, following the perfecta payout cycle. Maybe you never knew it in the first place, and therefore wouldn't miss it.

I'll bet the regulars who play the Mountain and depend on that information soreley miss it. Now, you get one swing of the bat with a DD/P3 payoff display, and if you miss it.............. you miss it.

As far as color schemes go, it's fine, but someone with some clout up there get the will pays back into the cycle.

TravisVOX
03-13-2012, 09:01 AM
What % of people watching the signal are truly interested in a P3 willpay vs. an exacta probable? Showing the willpays once or twice after the prior race is over works, but to show them continually until post time? Will pays are available on about 12 sites around the web too.

Their new package looks great!

ldiatone
03-13-2012, 05:19 PM
yes i noticed...the mountain is moving into the 20 century

proximity
03-13-2012, 05:27 PM
(And I know who is responsible for that!) :)

david wells?:)

shouldacoulda
03-13-2012, 05:55 PM
I guess I'm the only one that isn't fond of it. Yeah it looks nice, but I have trouble seeing the numbers on the multi color background and the big banner on the post parade makes the view smaller. Like I said, it does look nice but I'm not very fond of it.

BMustang
03-14-2012, 11:08 PM
What % of people watching the signal are truly interested in a P3 willpay vs. an exacta probable? Showing the willpays once or twice after the prior race is over works, but to show them continually until post time? Will pays are available on about 12 sites around the web too.

Their new package looks great!
Showing the will-pays once - ONCE, not once or twice - once!

It's OK to show the Perfecta combinations on cycle until post time, BUT it's not Ok to include the DD or P3 will pays??? They also used to include Win, Place, and Show pools in the cycle, which I don't miss. BUT since I don't use my PC at the track, the video feed is the one and only source I have for that information.

YES, it is very much needed, and is not an enhancement to elimiate it!!! :mad:

Prairie Bettor
03-15-2012, 03:57 AM
I don't like the new style.

Nothing about it.

Fail.