PDA

View Full Version : ES 4.0 - Preview

Handle
12-24-2003, 11:51 AM
For folks interested, here's a preview of some of the printouts from ES 4.0 -- its today's Philly Park card.

http://www.homehorseplayer.com/PHA_Dec_24_2003.pdf

Some folks have (kindly) reminded me that 4.0, while having entered official release, has no demo available. In fact, its not even "officially" purchaseable. I should have this stuff ready to go right after New Year (at which time I'll make an announcement, courtesy of PA).

Happy Holidays,
-Nathan

Suff
12-24-2003, 12:07 PM
Thanks Nathan. Happy Holidays. I was at your site a few times this month. I made a decison to try a Handicapping software in 2004. I was going to contact you after the New Year about Buying your program. Looks like it might a Good time to Jump in with the 4.0 release. I talk to a lot people that use the Various Programs... I Think it came down to HSH or Equisim for me... From what I have been able to Pick up from the HSH users is that that also is a great Program.. and Some very talented Handicappers use either HSH or Equisim..

The fact your Dad was a Local Union Pipefitter was the deciding factor.. I know you come from good stock.!

I'll drop you an e-mail with me CC numbers after the New Year. I'm not pussy foooting around.. I'm ready to go.

JustRalph
12-24-2003, 04:27 PM
you can just right click on the link above and choose

"save target as" and then download the pdf file.....FYI

COUGAR
12-24-2003, 05:50 PM
Nathan,

I look forward to test driving your new product as soon as you get the demo up. Can i power it with the numerous TSN Pro Caps files i have on my computer now?

Thanks,
Mitch

Lefty
12-24-2003, 08:27 PM
Cougar, yep, Equisim will use the TSN Procap files as well as reg Tsn files and Bris files.

analyzer
12-25-2003, 05:58 PM
Nathan- The Pro Caps file produced 5 top Sim and Profile winners on that same card. Had 1st winner, 2nd- winner, 3rd-4th, 4th- place, 5th- show, 6th- winner, 7th- winner, and 8th- winner. If I could wish for one thing in the Pro Caps file it would be the pedigree info. It was the untuned sim also. Just a little more food for thought. ProCaps files make it very nice to be able to get info for all tracks daily at the most resonable price. I appreciate the new 4.0 upgrade and a big pat on the back and Thank You.

Handle
12-25-2003, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the good words Analyzer. There were some nice prices in there (27/1, 25/1) to Place ($17 and 16.20$) plus a $220 exacta. Too bad I was on the road most of the day. I don't play PHA too much - I hope they made out well as the only track running on the 23rd.

Suff
01-21-2004, 06:46 PM
I have had equisim 4.0 for 2 weeks. I'm taking baby steps with it. I have gotten 4 e-mails from guys that want me to give them my opinion of it. I'm just practicing with it...and working through each feature slowly. I'd have to have it at least 3 months everyday experience to be fair to the program and its developer. I'm not going to share my day to day trials with it. I figured i'd post that up to explain why I have'nt responded to anyone with my review after only 2 weeks.

I'm a pen and pencil man. This is a big move for me.

When I first got Formulator. It was free. I used it as as simple past performance reader.. and after 3 months or so after expirementing and trying all the features I was basic Proficient with it... After I had it a year...I had it setup hot-rod style. I used every featutre it had...often. I had 75% of the features I liked saved to profiles...and I just slapped them up like templates and I could look into a race the way I like to. I think its an excellent program. And I think the Lifetime PP's and the free program made it a bargain for me. I did well with it...

Equisim is NEW challange for me. I'm feeling good about it. The guy that runs the place has been terrific. His forums are very helpful and loaded with great players. so far so good.

JustRalph
01-21-2004, 07:23 PM
in the profiler Section........

Don't forget about the top two rated "CMP" horses. No matter their friggin odds they seem to be there very often. I caught a couple 20 plus 1 odds horses in the last week or two at Sam Houston that made the tri and exacta tickets and one 40-1 shot that was the top cmp horse who got beat by a small head right at the wire.

If the favorite is also the Top CMP horse........it seems as those these guys are very often solid favorites.........FYI

COUGAR
01-21-2004, 07:47 PM
I have been using ESV4 for over a month now. Nathan the developer is nothing short of fantastic. The whole crew seem's an experienced bunch of cappers and willing to help the learning curve at every turn. I use 3 program's. Dropped one when i moved to ESV4, which still left 3. It took a couple of week's of long hour's to mesh ES's data into my game plan and make it all fit so i could see the overall picture, and i must say... THANK YOU NATHAN.. FOR A GREAT PROGRAM... Of the 3 programs i use ESV4 has risen to the top of the crop, and i am seeing the clearest picture of my whole handicapping life, which span's many years.
Last night had 68.60 winner at MNR and (2) 20-1+ COMP1 horses at CT.

Mitch

hdcper
01-21-2004, 11:12 PM
Hi All,

Just thought I would mention that Equisim 4.0 demo is now available at

www.thorotech.com

for anyone interested in a test drive.

Bill(hdcper)

Handle
01-22-2004, 12:21 AM
>>Last night had 68.60 winner at MNR and (2) 20-1+ COMP1 horses at CT

Aww, shucks, that's just the whale talking:) Thanks.

I've been tied up lately so the web site hasn't been updated for 4.0 completely - but, yes, the Demo of 4.0 has been released.

Shacopate
01-22-2004, 01:29 AM
Nathan,

Are you saying that the simulator had the $60 horse?

WaHoo
01-22-2004, 07:51 AM
which database are you using at mnr, your own or one supplied by equisim, those mnr CMP horses showed up 7th or 8th when i ran the program

COUGAR
01-22-2004, 08:20 AM
Buffalo,

Your right. The 68.60 horse at MNR was a horse that had a low comp value, but it did show up on the profiler screen as a horse that won thoses type of races over 25% of the time and also matched up with a couple other factors i look at. The night before on 1/19 the 2 comp 1 horses were 40.20 and 45.00 at CT.

WaHoo
01-22-2004, 09:38 AM
thanks, it seems the CMP works better on cheap horses, when the owner has a 100 it makes the cmp horse number 1, but not many win.. looking at golden gate pick6 today 01/22..

3rd race
sim-4 1 5 2
profiler-4 2 1
cmp-4 2 1

4th -
sim-2 1 6 3
pro-2 4 3
cpm-4 1 3

5th-
sim-4 2 6 3
pro-4 6 2
cmp-4 5 6

6th-
sim-4 3 5 7
pro-4 7 5
cmp-2 8 7

7th-
sim-4 5 3 2
pro-4 5 7
cmp-4 7 6

8th-
sim-1 4 5 2
pro-1 4 5
cmp-5 2 3

JustRalph
01-22-2004, 04:52 PM
in a thread on the ES web site. The cheaper the better, for some reason. But, this is I believe due to more data available. Those horses are older and have raced more.

***Do not use the CMP value on Maidens*********

Unless you are Bill Gates and are wanting to donate to the pool

sq764
01-22-2004, 05:43 PM
I'd love to pick around the demo, but have never used this program before..

Anyone have like 10 mins to blow pointing me around? If so, please email me at 'sq764@aol.com'

ranchwest
01-22-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Lefty
Cougar, yep, Equisim will use the TSN Procap files as well as reg Tsn files and Bris files.

I have Track Master files. Track Master has a program to convert to BRIS single file format. Does anyone know if that works with ES?

BillW
01-22-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by ranchwest
I have Track Master files. Track Master has a program to convert to BRIS single file format. Does anyone know if that works with ES?

The Bris files Lefty is talking about is the Bris single file format. One way to check for sure (in case no one else has tried it): The demo is available for 30? days.

Bill

WaHoo
01-22-2004, 06:46 PM
bris is what i use with Equisim, but it uses bris numbers and not the times and no adjustments to the track, a horse that wins the Alpho (dogs) ]stakes at mountneer is rated the same as a stakes race at aquduct and the download from equisim for profiler and cmp does not work with bris if you use it with his database, so you have to use tsn files or download the results from the tracks you play.. but here's something interesting i have a laptop and a desktop and i can run each and they give me different resutls with the same database, i'm going to red board after golden gate today, theres not one that uses equisim that can tell you how to win using it, BEFORE it runs. but you can see the results from your losings....

JustRalph
01-22-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by buffalo
bris is what i use with Equisim, but it uses bris numbers and not the times and no adjustments to the track, a horse that wins the Alpho (dogs) ]stakes at mountneer is rated the same as a stakes race at aquduct and the download from equisim for profiler and cmp does not work with bris if you use it with his database, so you have to use tsn files or download the results from the tracks you play.. but here's something interesting i have a laptop and a desktop and i can run each and they give me different resutls with the same database, i'm going to red board after golden gate today, theres not one that uses equisim that can tell you how to win using it, BEFORE it runs. but you can see the results from your losings....

Ok...first off.............BRIS files do work.....the part that doesn't work with Bris files is the Connection Stats in the profiler. That is because they use different naming formats. A very small loss.

The point about Mountaineer horses and Aqu stakes winners would be the same if you were using the DRF or whatever. All tracks don't work the same and there are bias's on each. You have to be aware of that whether you are using Equisim or not.

Now, your last line about being told how to win with it is in error.......haul your butt over to the ES board and punch in my name, also Billw and Will, JimG etc and read ......you will get tons of tips on how to use the app. It's not a damn black box. It is a very useful tool in putting your own theories to work. You pick and choose your own factors. Set it up and run it. And I am not talking about just the sim either. The sim is damn sure effective but remember the key to that is picking your own pace lines.
now more than ever before, this Program is ultra-tunable(sic) because you have the profiler to use in conjunction with the sim. This makes for a thinking mans application. The other side of the coin is........just run the defaults and you will be a better capper........I was. You will find some horses you would have missed, just by using the defaults. I have the numbers ( not to mention the car I bought my wife) to prove it. But you have to work at it.....Equisim allows you to do some of the work much faster and answer some questions that some others may not be able to readily answer.......those others are called "the pool" remember who you are playing against..........in my opine I have more tools than "the pool" when I use Equisim.

the point about your laptop and desktop being different has to do with either one of two things.......if you are truly using the same database......then one or two settings in your local version (the one on that particular machine) of ES are different.........this happens sometimes and early on many users would have this problem. When we would all get together and run the sims (Triple Crown time in a chat room etc) with the same settings, all of us would get the same results if we were using the same data card-database etc. The program is solid and has been in this area for a long time.

Are you using the Fractions screen at all.........that portion of the program will turn you on to more good horses as well as any other portion (profiler, sim, etc) and is a very consistent tool for judging on the pace and late runners. Just for pace numbers itself ........the fractions screen is damn sure handy.

That screen gave me Whitmores Conn last summer and that paid boxcars........it was obvious he would have big run from the ES fractions screen.........and he ran it very close to the exact time the sim gave.......get to work..........and get over to the Equisim bulletin board for more help. Damn best bunch around.........

jackad
01-23-2004, 01:50 PM
buffalo,
About the picks you posted above for GG, 01/22: Were the picks the result of using all default settings without previous tunings? Did you pick pacelines or let the program do it?

Thanks.
Jack

Derbyman32
01-23-2004, 03:18 PM
In reference to Equisim and in my opinion all handicapping software I have the following opinion. It is a tool, not a black magic box that will blindly lead you to the winner’s circle day after day. What the user should take in consideration is their style of play and what the software has to offer. Equisim is loaded with features that I use in my every day handicapping and it has been very useful to me.

Try the demo and see if fits your style of play and gives you information that will help you solve the puzzles of a race. I am sure it is not for everyone, but with the features it has it is very useful. Nathan, who created the product gives great support and is a class act. The user board is full of experienced people who will answer questions that you have. I don't know how anyone could expect more than that. The rest is up to the player.

Derbyman32

COUGAR
01-23-2004, 04:05 PM
Well said Derbyman32. I just hit the 4th at TUP not a shabby little 14.60. Ain't life grand...

WaHoo
01-24-2004, 05:14 AM
they were default setting and i let the program pick pace lines (single) using bris files, i know equisim hits some good ones but it's finding them , you can't play all the longshots and come out ahead, all i played on the above card with the pick6,.... it hit the pick4. too many short fields, low odds at gg