PDA

View Full Version : Meadowlands: March 10

Teach
03-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Race 1: The first race is one of the toughest on this evening's card. I'm was originally looking at six horses. I've narrowed it down to four. They are: #9 Regil Tiger. Although this Mach Three-bred gelding draws outside, he is dropping down. Healso retains the services of "The Bionic Man," Tim Tetrick. The horse will need to find a spot mid-pack as they head down the backstretch. Assuming he does land a spot on the rail, he'll then need to launch his bid and make his closing brush as they head into the stretch. A lot of "ifs,' but I believe that this horse has a strong chance. Others in the mix are: #4 On The Radar. He's also dropping down; he retains the services of Ron Pierce. #7 Big Bam Ray turned in a most impressive effort from the extreme outside post in his last. Yes,he faced weaker; yet, anything approximating that effort and he's in the mix. Finally, "a gambler's throw," a longshot value-play, #3Thomas J. This Artiscape-bred horse was winless last year as athree year old, but, this year, he's been in the money on three of sixoccasions. Last summer, he participated in the New York States Sires Series and The Geers at Tioga. If ready, he could be an opening race"sleeper".

If you're playing the 50-cents pick-5: #s 3,4,7,9 with #2 with #3with#s 3, 6 with #s 1,2,3.

Race 2: #2 Rock Three Times ("Knock three times on the ceiling...") is coming up to a big number. This Rocknroll Hanover-bred gelding couldn't close into soft fractions in his last. Tonight is a whole 'nother story. He's dropping into a winning situation. He did well in the Jr. Trendsetter Series. He also has a good starting post. He's 4 out of seven in the money, lifetime. All he needs is the trip. #8 Oh My Joepa (was he named for the late-great Penn State University football coach, Joe Paterno? He's out of the mare, Nittany Lion) could surprise and add value to your gimmicks. #5 Woop D DoBazzle won his last at Dover. Anything resembling that effort andhe becomes "a player" here. Finally, #1 Loco For Cocoa draws the rail after a slew of outside starting posts. He might surprise and add value to your ticket.

Race 3: #3 Breakin The Law has won three-straight. Do I hear four? He's a very nicely bred Artiscape gelding. The "White Knight," Brian Sears retains the drive for trainer Ron Burke. Should be sitting in a perfect spot to mount that closing kick. #7 Bettors Glasswon his lastand retains the services of Tim Tetrick. You won't get 9-1. #6 Take a Walk has been most consistent. Looking for the lead. #1 Major Breeze draws iside. Will benefit from post. "The Hall-of-Famer".

Race 4: I like two horses, #3 Blatantly Good and #6 Golden Receiver. It looks like one of those two. Underneath, #3 Warning Zone and #5 One More Laugh. The latter may need a race or two.

Race 5: It looks like an "inside job," #s 1,2,and 3. #1 and !A, Risk Management and Intrigued Royally, are both worthy of consideration. The former won last week. Both horses have top-notch drivers in the sulky. #2 Art Z ran out of real estate and finished third last week. He cannot be ruled out here. Then, there's #3 Fools Gold. He finished second last week. He gets a new driver, Tim Tetrick. Tha tmay just what this horse needs to end up in the winner's circle. Underrneath, #5 Boi merits consideration in your gimmick. "Team Orange Crush" provide the training and driving. Then, there's #7 A J Corbelli who's capable of completing a super.

Race 6: I like the #s 2 and 3. #2 Strange Hanover is capable of the upset. The horse's connections retain the services of Ron Pierce. #3 Hickory Horace just missed last time. He might just do it this evening. Tim Tetrick in the bike. Then, there's #1 Fitz's Team with "Buckeye," Dave Miller. He'll benefit from the pylons. Another horse that merits consideration is #8 Tuneariffic with Yannick Gingras. The horse has won two straight.

Race 7: I'm looking at #s 2 and 7. #2 Grams Legacy has been razor sharp, lately. He did finish third last week after two-straight wins. He's certainly capable of returning to his winning ways. The other horse I like is #7 Melvyn. The horse is stepping down with the kind he can handle. #3 Future Character has been second in his last two. He's capable of mounting a late kick.

Race 8: There are three horses in this race that I'm considerings: #s 3,4, and 9. #3 Master Stroke was second in his last against weaker. Yet, he looks like a factor here. Also in the mix is #4 Pan Grad. This is a longshot try. Tim tetrick is a most capable reinsman who just might surprise at a price. Then, there's #9 Cambassador. This horse is the logical choice; however, he'll have to overcome the#9 post. He's been on the boartd in five straight races.

Race 9: Another race in which I like three horses: #s 1,5, and 6. #1 Voice of Truthdraws the pylons. That should help. So too should the services of Daniel Dube (he had a good day at Freehold this afternoon). #5 Art or Arts Sake has been campaigning at Yonkers and, I might add, doing well. The horse gets the services of Tim Tetrick. A plus. Then, there's #6 Heart of Rocknroll. This Dave Pinkney-trained charge has the ability to take it all in this company.

Race 10: I'm looking at #2 Oscar Oscar in the Rags To Riches final. The horse has won four-straight pari-mutuel races. Looks solid here. Underneath, consider #1 Rockin Glass. He's won two straight. Also, #3 Laguna Beach. He seems to hit the board every time he runs. Finally, #9 Colonel Moffitt. This horse has been first or second in his last four. He'll have to overcome the #9 starting post.

Race 11: My numbers here at: #s 4,5, and 10. I'm admittedly looking at longshots. I'm shooting for value. #4 Power Surge has had two tough starting posts. He now draws favorably. He could surprise. #5 Gunman's Bandit isanother longshot try. Yannick Gingras hasn't done much with this horse recently, yet he drops in company. That could enhance this horse's chances. Finally, #10 Irish Elitist will have to overcome the outside post. Yet, the horse has been sharp; he's hit the tote in his last three.

Race 12: Again, there are three horses: #s 7,5, and 1. #7 Gaelic Thunder looks like he's got a nice closing kick. Can the "Green Hornet" win both halves of the late double? #5 McSocks isa horse who has faced better. He drops in with the kind he should beable to handle. A hunch: I was recently thinking about presidential pets. You know: Bo, the president's Portuguese Water Dog; well, there was Socks; that was Clinton's cat. McSock? Go figure. I'm big on hunches. Finally, #1, the rail horse, The Bad Deputy. Ron Pierce has the call. This horse might just wake up and add value to your ticket.