PDA

View Full Version : Post Time

Pell Mell
03-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Very nice...they have both the Swale and Tam Derby goin off at exactly the same time...idiots :faint:

Tom
03-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Shows how little respect for their customers both tracks have.

mostpost
03-11-2012, 01:05 AM
Just what are these tracks supposed to do. The Tampa Bay Derby was scheduled for 5:28 and the Swale was scheduled for 5:35. That is a seven minute leeway. Apparently things happened that delayed both races and caused them to go off at the same time.
Do you expect one of the tracks to delay their race so as not to interfere with the other? If so, which one? Do you think it's wise to delay a race when the horses are already at or near the starting gate? What if one track delays its race and ends up interfering with another big race at another track?

You guys act like there was a plot to deprive you of watching both races. It just happened. Sometimes there is no conspiracy.

PaceAdvantage
03-11-2012, 03:15 AM
This is why God invented replays....

Dahoss9698
03-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Just what are these tracks supposed to do. The Tampa Bay Derby was scheduled for 5:28 and the Swale was scheduled for 5:35. That is a seven minute leeway. Apparently things happened that delayed both races and caused them to go off at the same time.
Do you expect one of the tracks to delay their race so as not to interfere with the other? If so, which one? Do you think it's wise to delay a race when the horses are already at or near the starting gate? What if one track delays its race and ends up interfering with another big race at another track?

You guys act like there was a plot to deprive you of watching both races. It just happened. Sometimes there is no conspiracy.

All it would take is a little communication. It's not difficult.

How does it benefit either to run at the exact same time? I'm sure someone, somewhere from both tracks was watching feed from the other track. Since they were already delaying to try and suck every last dollar out, why not just wait an extra 2-3 minutes?

I don't always agree with the gripes about racing, but this one is such an easy fix that it makes no sense to me. You've got two tracks, a few hours apart, running their top billed stakes race for the day at the exact same time.

Not too smart.

cj
03-11-2012, 02:44 PM

Tampa is never on time, ever. They run behind every day, often by a lot. They aren't as bad as CT, but they are close. What happened is they give extra time to get more handle on the biggest day. It wasn't "things".

mostpost
03-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Smartest response in this thread. :cool:

Tom
03-11-2012, 03:28 PM
No one has telephones anymore?
So start yours 2 minutes later - you run behind all the time anyways. Show some respect for your customers.
It's not like there were any TV schedules to consider - no one covers racing. :rolleyes:

Dahoss9698
03-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Smartest response in this thread. :cool:

Internet for "I just want to take the other side because I'm bored."

PhantomOnTour
03-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Can i watch the post parade of this replay and then wager if i like what i see?

The point isn't just running at the same time...post parades and last minute crucial decisions while following odds are a reality of many a players game.
Doing it for two GrStks at two diff tracks at the same time usually leads me to pass one race altogether, like i did yesterday.
I'm sure both tracks want me to bet their races.

PaceAdvantage
03-12-2012, 03:51 AM
Can i watch the post parade of this replay and then wager if i like what i see?

The point isn't just running at the same time...post parades and last minute crucial decisions while following odds are a reality of many a players game.
Doing it for two GrStks at two diff tracks at the same time usually leads me to pass one race altogether, like i did yesterday.
I'm sure both tracks want me to bet their races.Good point. As you might tell, I'm not one who watches the post parade very often...plus I'm a conditional wagering man who has much of that stuff automated...