PDA

View Full Version : Wakey, wakey, eggs and bacey

DJofSD
03-09-2012, 11:01 AM
http://gordonhamilton.hubpages.com/hub/full-english

The evolution of breakfast to include eggs and bacon -- and more.

I feel bloated just reading about it.

TJDave
03-09-2012, 11:51 AM
I'm normally a traditionalist when it comes to breakfast but after spending the last dozen years in Mexico I've become a bit more flexible. Those folks will eat anything for breakfast...or a traditional breakfast for dinner. My wife is like that. I can't quite get there. I know it's all in my head but the thought of eating leftover pot roast or salad for breakfast weirds me out.

Tom
03-09-2012, 12:25 PM
I like a nice kedgeree from time to time.
Curry rice, with peas, peppers, smoked haddock, and hard boiled eggs mixed in and topped with crispy fried onions. mmmmm,mmmm,mmmm.

Or, fried eggs on a fried tortilla shell, covered with chile (no beans) and sliced jalepenos. Served with a cold beer in a frozen mug. Gets the cobwebs out.

Greyfox
03-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Silly question time.

Question: "Who gives more to the breakfast - a chicken or a pig?"

Answer: The Pig.
(If you don't know why, you probably shouldn't bet horse races or comment on politics in this Forum.)

PhantomOnTour
03-09-2012, 12:54 PM
I place black pudding (blood sausage) in the same category as vegemite:

Tried it once, annnnnnnnnd i'm good...thank you.

Jay Trotter
03-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Silly question time.

Question: "Who gives more to the breakfast - a chicken or a pig?"

Answer: The Pig.
(If you don't know why, you probably shouldn't bet horse races or comment on politics in this Forum.)
The chicken is "involved"; the pig is "committed"!

BlueShoe
03-09-2012, 02:51 PM
I know it's all in my head but the thought of eating leftover pot roast or salad for breakfast weirds me out.

Go ya one better. Have found a decent Chinese restaurant and often bring home a large takeout dinner. Often do not finish it all, so the rest goes into the frige. Next am, voila!, breakfast is ready without any preparation or even a need to heat anything up. Soggy ice cold eggroll, limp chowmein, and tough nearly frozen barbeque pork actually quite tasty regardless of the early hour. :)

DJofSD
03-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Here ya all go, this (http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-spam-doughnuts-20120308,0,6327243.story) has got to be the perfect breakfast.

Tom
03-09-2012, 03:30 PM
The garbage plate would be a good breakfast, now that I think of it......there are home fries under it all.

ldiatone
03-09-2012, 04:25 PM
while in california recently ate at a very good Dinner "nats". nice stuff, but this one got me Oatmeal w/ eggwhites cooked right in, new to me. the other one (and i've seen and cooked a lot of breakfasts) "jelly and cream cheese" omelette. and my all time fav....."chicken liver omelette". hey it sells!