PDA

View Full Version : First off the claim from Ness

wonatthewire1
03-07-2012, 08:12 PM
3rd race at PEN this evening

#5 horse, Kapralova making her first start for Jevon Crumley (15.2 Win PCT at PEN, 103/558 18.5% overall)

Ness only had for 1 race and the horse pulled up on the backstretch in that race; same thing happened this evening on a fast track. Horse did win 3 back at HAW for $5K with Doug Matthews

http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/PEN030712USA3.pdf

tbwinner
03-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Ugh. And Crumley is a darn good trainer too.

proximity
03-08-2012, 12:19 AM
if you were watching tonight's racing another ridiculous trainer is ernest haynes at charles town. last summer his horses were running out of their skin and his ct win percentage was over 40%...... but now his horses struggle to hit the board.

classy scamp has two 60+ beyers in his last 4 races and his main competition is a suzanne dempsey horse coming off a layoff. certainly it looked like classy scamp was well spotted here and indeed he would have won this race by half the stretch last july or august, but tonight he runs dead last. it still says ernest haynes on the drf, but it's not even close to being the same trainer.

RonTiller
03-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Regarding Charlestown trainers, steroids are now banned. Last summer they were legal. I don't know if this impacted Ernest Haynes' success rate or not, as I do not know that he was (legally) using them before.

Ron Tiller
HDW

proximity
03-09-2012, 01:59 PM
thanks, i didn't know steroids were still legal in wv.

last night he had another claim that actually ran second after some trouble at the start. maybe things will return to normal?

pktruckdriver
03-11-2012, 12:26 AM
Isn't this the same guy from Tampa that Beyers is claiming is the single reason Tampa is going downhill in 1 season of racing.

Claiming no one wants to race against him leaving 5-6 horses in a race , instead of the large fields Tampa has been having in the past years.

So is he just great at this claiming or what, that is my question?

Cheating is a word always bantered about in the racing industry, and getting caught does not always mean anything, really, a small fine a few days suspension and back to work, am I right?

patrick

PaceAdvantage
03-11-2012, 12:34 AM
Isn't this the same guy from Tampa that Beyers is claiming is the single reason Tampa is going downhill in 1 season of racing.Beyer claimed that was the only reason? I read that article...guess I have to go back and reread it, because I didn't think that was the case.

pktruckdriver
03-11-2012, 12:43 AM
Okay maybe I read it wrong, let me see if I can find it again, I read this and field size was also mentioned, but then I read elsewhere that the fields are small because of Ness, kinda crazy if you ask me, but hey I only read this stuff.

So why did Beyer switch it up and go after Ness, here was an older report, from another source, Depresssion force's foreclosures and smaller breeding of stock, a terrible mess in Ocala area.

I can not find the article where he apparently goes after Ness pretty hard, sorry i can not find it.

http://pullthepocket.blogspot.com/2012/02/tampa-bay-downs-provides-strong-lesson.html

patrick

takeout
03-11-2012, 01:36 AM
I can not find the article where he apparently goes after Ness pretty hard, sorry i can not find it.It’s the first link in the article that you posted, and/or you can see it here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/shortage-of-thoroughbred-racehorses-is-evident-in-tampa-and-will-soon-affect-most-of-the-industry/2012/02/21/gIQAAoIASR_story.html

PaceAdvantage
03-11-2012, 03:41 AM
Isn't this the same guy from Tampa that Beyers is claiming is the single reason Tampa is going downhill in 1 season of racing.Beyer wrote about Ness and the shortage of thoroughbreds in general...so there were two reasons given in the article.