PDA

View Full Version : The others

Vengeance of Rain
03-07-2012, 05:07 PM
I was thinking about Black Caviar and how the only negative really is that her brilliance might overshadow some of the other international fillies and mares who are pretty spectacular in their own right.

So I decided to see what had been said about Igugu.

I did the search and was surprised to see that there were no matches.

Igugu is the biggest star in South African racing. Amazing.

Multiple G1 winner she slaughtered her opponents in the Oaks, the Derby, saying she won the Triple Tiara isn't quite enough. She has beaten the girls, boys, older horses...

Her latest victory was the prestigious J&B Met Mile

10-2-0 from12 and these were some very touch fields.

Another less known is India's In the Spotlight.

Sure India doesn't quite match SA BUT winning the top races in your country one after another after another (Calcutta Oaks, 1,000 Guineas, Calcutta Derby, Indian Derby, Turf Invitational) is pretty impressive.

In New Zealand the biggest current star (besides Jimmy Choux) is Silent Achiever who just won the Derby. This after the Waikato Guineas and Avondale Guineas.

I know a lot of people are very excited about Zenyatta and like I said Black Caviar is absolutely amazing but does anyone have anyone else they're watching or would like to talk about?

Are there any that you know of that you want the rest of us to hear about?

nijinski
03-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Black Cavier doesnt seem to have another filly to match her talents but she still needs to show up at Royal Ascot I think to display that on an international level. Otherwise she doesn't reach that level that Zenyatta did
having has the Breeders Cup under her belt IMO.

Vengeance of Rain
03-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Is there anyone else you're following (I'm talking fillies and mares) who you believe has a fraction of her talent?

I can't wait to see River Jetez run again (tomorrow).

A lot of people here only know her from her trip to Arlington last year... she's a full sister to Pocket Power... both being huge stars in SA.

Her connections are never afraid to put her up against great fields... she's run at home in South Africa of course, in Singapore, Hong Kong, Newmarket and tomorrow Dubai (oh yeah at Arlington lest I forget)...

While Black Caviar is a true champion I was hoping someone had an opinion or horse to watch or something to say about anybody else... they all seem overshadowed at this point. Maybe rightly so, but still...

Some_One
03-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Isn't Snow Fairy still in training?

Vengeance of Rain
03-12-2012, 06:42 PM
She'ill be back in training soon. I can't wait. She is fantastic.

After her win in Japan she went to HK for the Vase but got injured during trackwork...

Dunlop has repeatedly said she will return later this year though (for her final races) and then it's off for a date with Elusive Pimpernel.