PDA

View Full Version : Loving Our Servitude

sammy the sage
03-06-2012, 08:37 PM
http://www.theburningplatform.com/?p=30405

Loving Our Servitude
“There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods. And this seems to be the final revolution.” Aldous Huxley

boxcar
03-06-2012, 08:58 PM

Loving Our Servitude
“There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods. And this seems to be the final revolution.” Aldous Huxley

Huxley had it nearly right. But the "pharmacological methods" are the drugs called Welfare and Entitlements, both of which are highly addictive.

Boxcar

TJDave
03-06-2012, 09:32 PM
Huxley also said this:

"No rational man, cognizant of the facts, believes that the average negro is the equal, still less the superior, of the white man...The highest places in the hierarchy of civilization will assuredly not be within the reach of our dusky cousins."

boxcar
03-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Huxley also said this:

"No rational man, cognizant of the facts, believes that the average negro is the equal, still less the superior, of the white man...The highest places in the hierarchy of civilization will assuredly not be within the reach of our dusky cousins."

I like Aldous -- not because I agree with him, but because of his honesty:

"Aldous Huxley once let the cat out of the bag when he said, in response to a question about the origins of modernism, that it began not in the minds of intellectuals but in their wills: they needed to come up with an intellectual system that would give them permission to behave licentiously. Darwinism serves a similar function: it gives intellectuals permission to think atheistically, as Richard Dawkins noted in his much-cited comment that evolution 'made it possible to be an intellectually satisfied atheist.'"

http://www.edwardtbabinski.us/evolution/aldous_huxley.html

Boxcar

sammy the sage
03-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Huxley also said this:

If you really think that Obama and NOT the WHITE banker's are dictating...you should go climb back in the cave in whence you came :rolleyes:

sammy the sage
03-06-2012, 10:18 PM
I like Aldous -- not because I agree with him, but because of his honesty:

"Aldous Huxley once let the cat out of the bag when he said, in response to a question about the origins of modernism, that it began not in the minds of intellectuals but in their wills: they needed to come up with an intellectual system that would give them permission to behave licentiously. Darwinism serves a similar function: it gives intellectuals permission to think atheistically, as Richard Dawkins noted in his much-cited comment that evolution 'made it possible to be an intellectually satisfied atheist.'"

http://www.edwardtbabinski.us/evolution/aldous_huxley.html

Boxcar

Seriously...were WAS he wrong in regards TO THE majority of human population...past, present, future :(

Pace Cap'n
03-06-2012, 10:19 PM

Loving Our Servitude

Ever hear of "fluoride"?

sammy the sage
03-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Ever hear of "fluoride"?

more like "baiting" wild hog's...

johnhannibalsmith
03-06-2012, 10:24 PM
If you really think that Obama and NOT the WHITE banker's are dictating...you should go climb back in the cave in whence you came :rolleyes:

That was an interesting reaction to TJDave's post.

sammy the sage
03-06-2012, 10:33 PM

"If I control the money...I care NOT what party rules"...somebody smarter than I said that...let ya'll look it up!

johnhannibalsmith
03-06-2012, 10:35 PM
99 bottles of beer on the wall.

sammy the sage
03-06-2012, 10:38 PM
99 bottles of beer on the wall.

try Crown Royal Reserve...less trips to the "jon"

mostpost
03-06-2012, 10:58 PM
I thought it was rather odd too. It seemed to me that TJDave was pointing out that Huxley had ideas about the intelligence of Blacks that we would not countenance today. Hence the post title "with a grain of salt." In other words, just because Huxley was a famous author, does not mean he is an authority-on anything.
Nothing to do with Obama.

Do I have that right TJDave?

johnhannibalsmith
03-06-2012, 11:04 PM
I thought it was rather odd too. It seemed to me that TJDave was pointing out that Huxley had ideas about the intelligence of Blacks that we would not countenance today. Hence the post title "with a grain of salt." In other words, just because Huxley was a famous author, does not mean he is an authority-on anything.
Nothing to do with Obama.

Do I have that right TJDave?

I suspect you have it just right, but the obvious interpretation didn't segue effectively into something enlightening.

mostpost
03-06-2012, 11:08 PM
"If I control the money...I care NOT what party rules"...somebody smarter than I said that...let ya'll look it up!

Mayer Amsched Rothchild, a prominent European banker in the eighteenth century.

Just because someone says something does not make it always true. Even if they were rich and famous. :rolleyes:

Tom
03-06-2012, 11:44 PM
Today's entitlement programs are yesterday's plantations.

plainolebill
03-07-2012, 01:37 AM
Huxley had it nearly right. But the "pharmacological methods" are the drugs called Welfare and Entitlements, both of which are highly addictive.

Boxcar

IMHO I think the 'drug' is television: mind numbing, irrelevant nonsense.

PaceAdvantage
03-07-2012, 01:52 AM
If you really think that Obama and NOT the WHITE banker's are dictating...you should go climb back in the cave in whence you came :rolleyes:X-Files fans commonly refer to this as "The Syndicate"

VUe68LQOFew

cj's dad
03-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Ever hear of "fluoride"?

Side note on fluoride. I am currently working a project at a water treatment facility. The drinking water is treated with lime, sodiumhypochloride and fluoride.

The room where the fluoride is stored contains several electrical panels made of stainless steel. The plant was built in the 70's. The panels are completely corroded by being in this environment. I have never seen stainless steel eaten away like this, ever, and I've been around SS panels for 40 years.

This looked like Stainless steel at one time.

sammy the sage
03-14-2020, 06:16 AM
Thought this thread deserved a come back on SO MANY levels....

People are getting so raped...yet doing so willingly...like the movie "V for Vendetta" suggested would happen...losing individual freedoms

Oh AND the Fed...using this thru big institutions to do the same....they sold off....they got all of mom & pop's retirement/investment savings....cause mom/pop didn't sell off....they had nowhere else to put their money to try and stay ahead of inflation...