PDA

View Full Version : Food police - cola ingredients cause cancer

DJofSD
03-06-2012, 01:53 PM
http://www.latimes.com/health/boostershots/la-heb-cola-cancer-20120305,0,2780161.story?track=icymi

In a letter to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the consumer watchdog group Center for Science in the Public Interest called on officials to ban the use of caramel coloring in popular soft drinks, citing a possible cancer risk.

boxcar
03-06-2012, 02:00 PM
That's nothing. Rush cited a story in the NY Slimes (I think) wherein some writer got on this huge rant about how food distribution and food qualify is so unfair because only the rich can afford to eat well. So, in her world, everyone should be feasting out every day at all meals with the finest foods.

And in that Rush thread, I, ironically, drew the absurd parallel between the bogus issue of free contraception and free expensive organic foods. (And I did that to accentuate the absurdity of the first issue for those of you who live on another planet.) But worldly truth today is absurd, apparently, when a newspaper writer can make this absurd case for Food Injustice. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Tom
03-06-2012, 02:09 PM
The Food Nazis are marching.

Isn't there more evidence that sex leads to STDs than there is that cola causes cancer?

Guess the slut is going to have to get her back after all! Better ban sex.

boxcar
03-06-2012, 02:35 PM
I can barely wait for the day when the government mandates that we must eat so many pounds of pink slime per day. After all, if it's good for our kiddies, how bad could it possibly be for adults? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pink Slime For School Lunch: Government Buying 7 Million Pounds Of Ammonia-Treated Meat For Meals

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/05/pink-slime-for-school-lun_n_1322325.html

I hope the story doesn't ruin anyone's lunch or din din. But trust me on this: Big Nanny Knows Best!

Boxcar

JustRalph
03-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Don't fight! Make the Switch !

http://images.wikia.com/en.futurama/images/8/80/Slurm-1-.jpg

Robert Goren
03-06-2012, 06:59 PM
I am in trouble. I drink Pepsi like it's water.

boxcar
03-06-2012, 07:03 PM
I am in trouble. I drink Pepsi like it's water.

You'd be in a lot deeper trouble if you were no longer around to make this remarkable revelation to us.

Boxcar

sammy the sage
03-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Don't worry...you grandkids grandkids will GET a healthy dose of Soylent Green....http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070723/plotsummary

Greyfox
03-06-2012, 08:09 PM
I have serious doubts about anything said about foods anymore.
Just the other day my wife came home from the Doctors office and said:
"I read an article there that said eating too many peanuts leads to Thyroid problems."
It seems that everything I like to eat isn't good for me.
Then 10 years from now researchers will say that they've discovered it is good for you.
In the meanwhile, I'll eat what I want.

boxcar
03-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Don't worry...you grandkids grandkids will GET a healthy dose of Soylent Green....http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070723/plotsummary

The kiddies are already eating government-provided pink slime in schools. Yum, yum, yum.. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

thaskalos
03-06-2012, 08:31 PM
"The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not."

-- Mark Twain

Steve 'StatMan'
03-06-2012, 09:58 PM
I sure hope they don't ban the caramel colororing in colas. I go through at least 3 2-liter botles of diet colas a day. I switched to cola over 30 years ago. I used to drink the "UnCola", but found that wherever I ate out, I was always getting drinks with little hairs, etc. in it, and was usually getting upset and taking them back. Didn't see others doing that. Then I realized that I never used have this problem with colas. And THEN I realized I couldn't tell because the dark color would hide that stuff. I figured I was probably being way too picky, and that ignornace on this might just be bliss, and have drank the dark colas every since . I'm a smuck, but at least a happy smuck regarding soda.

Lefty
03-06-2012, 10:36 PM
I drink Cola like it's going out of style--for 72 years! I started when I was 2.

Robert Goren
03-07-2012, 05:00 AM
I have serious doubts about anything said about foods anymore.
Just the other day my wife came home from the Doctors office and said:
"I read an article there that said eating too many peanuts leads to Thyroid problems."
It seems that everything I like to eat isn't good for me.
Then 10 years from now researchers will say that they've discovered it is good for you.
In the meanwhile, I'll eat what I want. The scariest thing about going to the doctor is the magazines they have the rooms you read while waiting for the doctor. By the time the doctor gets there, anything they say is bound to be less scary. I am going to see a doctor, the good news is that she is a she ,so the magazines are geared to women's health. Articles about breast cancer are little less scary to me than ones about postrate cancer.

boxcar
03-07-2012, 11:35 AM
I drink Cola like it's going out of style--for 72 years! I started when I was 2.

Hmm...well maybe you have an excuse, then, for your devotion to Romney. :D

Boxcar

Lefty
03-07-2012, 03:08 PM
boxy, don't try and act dense like some frickin liberal. I have no devotion to Romney. But it looks like he'll be the nominee. In that case I vote for Romney because he is not a committed Marxist like Obama. Unlike you I won't pout and
refuse to vote because "my guy" didn't get the nomination. The big picture is: We must defeat Obama and we must back the nominee. That's what i'm saying, so please don't distort it!
I LOVE COLA!

boxcar
03-07-2012, 06:37 PM
boxy, don't try and act dense like some frickin liberal. I have no devotion to Romney. But it looks like he'll be the nominee. In that case I vote for Romney because he is not a committed Marxist like Obama. Unlike you I won't pout and
refuse to vote because "my guy" didn't get the nomination. The big picture is: We must defeat Obama and we must back the nominee. That's what i'm saying, so please don't distort it!
I LOVE COLA!

I don't. It sucks. Very bad for you to boot -- just like progressivism is. :ThmbDown:

But I wish you the best with your anti-Obama vote. Advice: Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Boxcar