PDA

View Full Version : WW3?

Light
03-04-2012, 09:15 PM
If Israel bombs Iran, (and they seem real eager to) what are the odds of WW3? I'd say 50-50. Russia has warned both Israel and the U.S. not to do so. You also have the Chinese who have vital interests in Iran.

Wouldn't this be suicide for Israel? If Israel bombs Iran will Russia eat their words and not retaliate? Their role in the ME will look weak and diminished. So now they will be real eager to demonstrate what they say is real. What if Russia retaliates with a missile at Tel Aviv. The U.S. may not help Israel from a Russian attack if Israel decides to bomb Iran without U.S. permission. At the least Israel would draw a direct conflict instead of an indirect conflict with Iran. With Russia as Iran's watch dog, you would have another Cuban missile crisis scenario after Israel's first strike in Iran.

I don't believe the Mayan calendar for 2012 being the end of the world,but as the end of an age. But they have a shot here for prophecy if Israel bombs Iran.

PaceAdvantage
03-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Good thing George W. Bush still isn't in the White House...the world is such a safer place now, just like we were promised...:rolleyes:

boxcar
03-04-2012, 09:28 PM
If Israel bombs Iran, (and they seem real eager to) what are the odds of WW3? I'd say 50-50. Russia has warned both Israel and the U.S. not to do so. You also have the Chinese who have vital interests in Iran.

Wouldn't this be suicide for Israel? If Israel bombs Iran will Russia eat their words and not retaliate? Their role in the ME will look weak and diminished. So now they will be real eager to demonstrate what they say is real. What if Russia retaliates with a missile at Tel Aviv. The U.S. may not help Israel from a Russian attack if Israel decides to bomb Iran without U.S. permission. At the least Israel would draw a direct conflict instead of an indirect conflict with Iran. With Russia as Iran's watch dog, you would have another Cuban missile crisis scenario after Israel's first strike in Iran.

I don't believe the Mayan calendar for 2012 being the end of the world,but as the end of an age. But they have a shot here for prophecy if Israel bombs Iran.

All I can say is: Shame all over Israel's enemies. For He who is with Israel is far greater than all her enemies combined. Whatever is going to happen in the Middle East, Israel will survive and keep her national identity. This, too, is based on prophecy, but not the Mayan kind.

Boxcar

lsbets
03-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Russia is not attacking anyone over Iran. If Israel attacks, a lot of words will fly, and then the world will go on. No WW III.

johnhannibalsmith
03-04-2012, 09:34 PM
World War 3... not wordy enough... "Aggressive Intervention", "Stabilizing Conflict", "Multicultural Disintegration"... We are too civilized now to use archaic words like "war" when describing war.

boxcar
03-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Russia is not attacking anyone over Iran. If Israel attacks, a lot of words will fly, and then the world will go on. No WW III.

Personally, this is what I think, too.

We've got to stop agreeing so much. People are going to start to talk. :lol:

Boxcar

lsbets
03-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Personally, this is what I think, too.

We've got to stop agreeing so much. People are going to start to talk. :lol:

Boxcar

I've said everything first today. So you are agreeing with me. :cool:

boxcar
03-04-2012, 10:32 PM
I've said everything first today. So you are agreeing with me. :cool:

You have a point there. :ThmbUp:

Boxcar
P.S. Oops, there I go again. :D

newtothegame
03-04-2012, 10:45 PM

Light, you seem to be a b it on edge regarding this. I mean with all your anti Israel rants, a bit worried now? I thought you were all for Israel getting their butts kicked. Or, are you worried this is not how it would turn out???

Light
03-04-2012, 11:49 PM
I thought you were all for Israel getting their butts kicked.

No. I believe Israel has a right to their homeland but so do the Palestinians. But that's not my concern here.

I'm getting concerned because Netanyahu has recently said to Obama (Paraphrasing) "stop Iran or I will".

At the same time Putin has warned that an attack on Iran would be "truly catastrophic".

Are these guys full of hot air or are we headed for nuclear Armageddon?

ElKabong
03-04-2012, 11:51 PM
Light, you seem to be a b it on edge regarding this. I mean with all your anti Israel rants, a bit worried now? I thought you were all for Israel getting their butts kicked. Or, are you worried this is not how it would turn out???

History repeats itself....Thus, Light is "on edge"

badcompany
03-05-2012, 12:40 AM
No. I believe Israel has a right to their homeland but so do the Palestinians. But that's not my concern here.

I've never believed for a second that the world left gives a rat's ass about the Palestinians. The left just can't stand the idea that a successful capitalist country is thriving in that area.

boxcar
03-05-2012, 12:58 AM
I've never believed for a second that the world left gives a rat's ass about the Palestinians. The left just can't stand the idea that a successful capitalist country is thriving in that area.

Not even the Arabs care about the Palestinians. They're being used as pawns in a dangerous political game. That's all they're worth, sadly.

Boxcar

Let's Roll
03-05-2012, 08:17 AM
bho meets with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu today, says he is not bluffing about Iran:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/obama-not-bluffing-on-iran/story-fn6ck55c-1226287915088

He is though, looking to delay any conflict until after the election.A war would raise gas prices and put Jewish votes in harms way.After the election, any scenario will suite him just fine, especially if a Republican wins and bho leaves him a war as a nice parting gift.

Tom
03-05-2012, 12:11 PM
What words would terrify Israel?

Hell, my name is Barak Obama and I am here to help!

JustRalph
03-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Barack is going to do something to earn back those Jewish voters that have abandoned him. He is going to be the best friend Israel has ever had until November.

BlueShoe
03-05-2012, 01:05 PM
The Russians are in no position to go adventuring abroad, they have plenty of problems at home. Right now Putin has his hands full, with protests over the election and major discontent over his administration. The ChiComs even less likely to jump in militarily, they too have many domestic issues to address, and not likely to chance derailing their growing standard of living.

The concern is a military one, can the Israelis take out the nuclear facilities? They are said to be buried deep underground, and might be safe from a convential bomb attack. If this is so, would Israel use a tactical nuclear bomb? They just might. Generally well know that Israel has long possessed a small number of nukes. If things go nuclear, then all bets are off the table.

Light
03-05-2012, 01:28 PM
Israel has been talking a long time about bombing Iran and hasn't done it yet. But they are certainly ratcheting up the beat now. Remember McCain's "bomb,bomb,bomb,bomb,bomb Iran" song in 2008? Well Israel was talking about doing it several years before that.

Obviously Iran never had a nuke back in 2008 nor several years before so bombing them would have been another bogus excuse to go to war like Iraq.There is no evidence that Iran is building a nuke today nor has the capacity. If anyone has evidence,how come its not being presented to the U.N or something like that? Because it doesn't exist except in the minds of war hawks.

I think Israel's delay to bomb Iran has been for good reason. Iran is a totally different scenario than Iraq. The consequences and repercussions can run deep.We are just assuming Putin is full of it. But this guy has paraded around without a shirt to show what a man he is. You think a guy like that is going to enjoy being characterized as a wimp should Israel bomb Iran and he sits on his hands. I don't think so.

boxcar
03-05-2012, 05:14 PM
The Russians are in no position to go adventuring abroad, they have plenty of problems at home. Right now Putin has his hands full, with protests over the election and major discontent over his administration. The ChiComs even less likely to jump in militarily, they too have many domestic issues to address, and not likely to chance derailing their growing standard of living.

The concern is a military one, can the Israelis take out the nuclear facilities? They are said to be buried deep underground, and might be safe from a convential bomb attack. If this is so, would Israel use a tactical nuclear bomb? They just might. Generally well know that Israel has long possessed a small number of nukes. If things go nuclear, then all bets are off the table.

Bluey, wars can serve as great distractions to a nation's pressing domestic issues. Nothing quite like a war to rally the troops around the homeland's flag and to get the public's minds off the problems at home and onto a different issue.

Boxcar

Native Texan III
03-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Ironic that a country subject to sanctions that has not got an H Bomb but might one day is threatened by a country equally aggressive that actually has got a few H bombs and is not subject to any sanctions.

The big mistake to make IMHO is to discount all the countermeasures that Iran have devised and that go around all the conventional military weaponry and military - not that Iran has not got plenty of the latter. 9/11 attack was by a handful using US civil aircraft for example.

PaceAdvantage
03-05-2012, 06:58 PM
The Russians are in no position to go adventuring abroad, they have plenty of problems at home. Right now Putin has his hands full, with protests over the election and major discontent over his administration.Sounds like an environment where an armed conflict might be just what the doctor ordered then, doesn't it?

Wag the dog baby...wag the dog...a war will get them rallying around Putin again...I see this in the exact opposite way that you do...

boxcar
03-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Ironic that a country subject to sanctions that has not got an H Bomb but might one day is threatened by a country equally aggressive that actually has got a few H bombs and is not subject to any sanctions.

Why don't you post all the articles for us that headline all the numerous Israeli threats of extinction to their Arab neighbors? That would be a good starting point to gauge their aggressiveness, don't you think? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

fast4522
03-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Israel will do exactly what it has to when there is no more time left (the next comment aired by a Iran leader to wipe it off the map), we will wake up to the news that they used the "Mother Of All Bombs" as can openers then charged tactical bombs inside the open cans! Start saving some extra cash now for the increase in the cost of gas, Iran has been on the Bilderburg Group's hit list like forever so watch everyone align right after.

lsbets
03-05-2012, 08:42 PM

The big mistake to make IMHO is to discount all the countermeasures that Iran have devised and that go around all the conventional military weaponry and military - not that Iran has not got plenty of the latter. 9/11 attack was by a handful using US civil aircraft for example.

Ironic that you think anyone might give your opinions credence on this issue given some of your disgusting and bigoted comments in the past.

elysiantraveller
03-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Sounds like an environment where an armed conflict might be just what the doctor ordered then, doesn't it?

Wag the dog baby...wag the dog...a war will get them rallying around Putin again...I see this in the exact opposite way that you do...

A war with who?

No one will come to Iran's defense in this scenario and they will be forced to fight a asymmetric war against our assets here and abroad. A few bridges, tankers, and airplanes later it would be over.

boxcar
03-05-2012, 10:41 PM
A war with who?

No one will come to Iran's defense in this scenario and they will be forced to fight a asymmetric war against our assets here and abroad. A few bridges, tankers, and airplanes later it would be over.

Well, then, shame all over Iwan if they have no one to whom to turn for help. If that's the case, the outcome of an Israeli attack is a forgone conclusion. :D

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
03-05-2012, 10:53 PM
A war with who?Good question...

riskman
03-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Barack is going to do something to earn back those Jewish voters that have abandoned him. He is going to be the best friend Israel has ever had until November.

Now heaven forbid, you do not mean to infer that
presidential politics would have anything to do with the timing of this situation. One thing for certain, rising prices of fuel prices before or after the conventions will not aid Obama's re-election chances. Most likely, if Obama is in the crapper heading for defeat against the Republic nominee Sept. would be perfect timing.
Who abandons a sitting CIC with a war pending? :(

Tom
03-06-2012, 07:28 AM
Who abandons a sitting CIC with a war pending? :(

The dems did it to Bush.
Most of the libs here did, too.
Dry up those tears - it is nothing new.

You reap what you sow.

boxcar
03-06-2012, 10:45 AM
The dems did it to Bush.

But the Party of Stupid is composed of mostly RINOs. Chances are excellent they would not repay the favor.

Boxcar