PDA

View Full Version : Caleb's posse

toussaud
03-03-2012, 11:26 PM
I was busy today so I did not get to watch it live and I am just now watching the Tom Fool.. man I know he lost but that horse can seriously get it. He's really really good. Even in defeat today I was shaking my head at the replay that horse has some jets. I think he can seriously be something special. ;this year

PhantomOnTour
03-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Who's gonna stop him from rolling in this years' Met Mile?
Methinks no one...he's a baller for sure.

tbwinner
03-04-2012, 12:27 AM
He is such an honest horse at 6 1/2 to 1 mile. I think 6 was just a BIT short for him today.
He will be something in 6 1/2s to one turn miles....he will be a big player this year if he stays sound.

Track Phantom
03-04-2012, 12:51 AM
Agree 100% on Caleb's Posse. He's a legitimate closer at 7 to 8 furlongs. Connections campaigned one of the better three-year olds of the '80's in Clever Trevor. They will have this horse solid all year.

cj
03-04-2012, 01:00 AM
He is such an honest horse at 6 1/2 to 1 mile. I think 6 was just a BIT short for him today.
He will be something in 6 1/2s to one turn miles....he will be a big player this year if he stays sound.

Wouldn't it be wiser to say "just a bit short for him TODAY"?

tbwinner
03-04-2012, 01:06 AM
It's late. Who knows what I'm saying. In any case I actually think 6 is too short for him any day.

CincyHorseplayer
03-04-2012, 01:29 AM
I got smoked today at Tampa so getting Calibrochoa was nice.Not the distance or scenario for Caleb today though.

CincyHorseplayer
03-04-2012, 01:55 AM
Who's gonna stop him from rolling in this years' Met Mile?
Methinks no one...he's a baller for sure.

That's definitely the goal and it's his for the losing.I bet he becomes more of a presser this year too.He can't be at the mercy of the pace,stranded or weak.

toussaud
03-04-2012, 02:11 AM
That's definitely the goal and it's his for the losing.I bet he becomes more of a presser this year too.He can't be at the mercy of the pace,stranded or weak.
CP is so good he really isn't at the mercy of the pace regardless of what it is. he's coming.

cj
03-04-2012, 10:17 AM
It's late. Who knows what I'm saying. In any case I actually think 6 is too short for him any day.

I think his Beyer was 110 at 6f coming off a 4 month layoff. That will win a lot of G1 6f races, and he will probably get better.

Cholly
03-04-2012, 12:48 PM
I think his Beyer was 110 at 6f coming off a 4 month layoff. That will win a lot of G1 6f races, and he will probably get better.

And he was barely asked by Maragh, only touched three or four times...although I can't say whether or not that is the way he's always ridden.

CincyHorseplayer
03-04-2012, 03:24 PM
CP is so good he really isn't at the mercy of the pace regardless of what it is. he's coming.

I love this horse and enjoyed cashing on him at good odds last year.He better be coming and coming and coming if he's going to start every race 8-10 lengths back.I bet the fitter he gets he starts to reduce that margin.That was my only point.I'm not a part of the horses as clay pigeons crowd!:cool:

tbwinner
03-04-2012, 03:45 PM
He's what I call an "honest closer". The majority of closers are at the mercy of a hot pace, and some (mostly claimers, some stakes horses) only have a host if that pace completely falls apart. That's not Caleb's Posse though - he's always coming, no matter what.

Valuist
03-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Let's give the winner some credit. He exerted enough energy to put himself in a better position to win than did Caleb's Posse.

tbwinner
03-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Let's give the winner some credit. He exerted enough energy to put himself in a better position to win than did Caleb's Posse.

Calibrachoa IS a monster at Aqueduct!

CincyHorseplayer
03-04-2012, 09:37 PM

I thought it was a gift wrapped present from Aqueduct so I could have the money by seeing the obvious and make the know it all's look like chumps,all at the same time.Won't be the last time in NY:lol:

Valuist
03-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Calibrachoa IS a monster at Aqueduct!

I think he's a pretty good horse period. He may be a bit better there but he did run a big 3rd behind Sean Avery and Trappe Shot in that Saratoga stake last summer.

NTamm1215
03-05-2012, 03:08 PM
I think he's a pretty good horse period. He may be a bit better there but he did run a big 3rd behind Sean Avery and Trappe Shot in that Saratoga stake last summer.

Where he rode a gold rail to a non-threatening 3rd. He's a good horse, but becomes a great horse on the inner track.

cnollfan
03-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Meanwhile the crowd was dazzled by a big Beyer in an N1X and made the third-best horse the favorite. I thought Emcee ran well but there is no way I would make him 6/5 against those two.

tbwinner
03-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Not to mention it was a big Beyer that popped up at Gulfstream, where ballooned figures always seem to fall back to Earth when they leave sunny south Florida.

the little guy
03-06-2012, 08:58 PM
Not to mention it was a big Beyer that popped up at Gulfstream, where ballooned figures always seem to fall back to Earth when they leave sunny south Florida.

His figure in the Tom Fool was one point higher than his Gulfstream number.

tbwinner
03-06-2012, 09:06 PM
His figure in the Tom Fool was one point higher than his Gulfstream number.

Ok, fair enough.

I'm not a fan of beyers nor do I follow their seemingly frequent methodology changes.

Bettors still partly made him a favorite off a high GP beyer and a 3rd lifetime race/2nd off layoff Beyer improvement angle.

NTamm1215
03-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Ok, fair enough.

I'm not a fan of beyers nor do I follow their seemingly frequent methodology changes.

Bettors still partly made him a favorite off a high GP beyer and a 3rd lifetime race/2nd off layoff Beyer improvement angle.

And he lost by a length, so what's your point?

Emcee was the 3rd choice on the morning line, but the public clearly felt that he was the right fit tactically. This was hardly an egregious misstep by the betting public.

tbwinner
03-06-2012, 10:04 PM
And he lost by a length, so what's your point?

Emcee was the 3rd choice on the morning line, but the public clearly felt that he was the right fit tactically. This was hardly an egregious misstep by the betting public.

Sure but to make the horse 6/5 based on those things absolutely made the exacta finishers an overlay. That's my point. The public was wrong.

When I saw Calibrachoa at 5-1 in middle stages of betting I was absolutely stunned. Even then the 7-2 was a gift.

To those who want to accuse me of redboarding of which I have no desire to argue about:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1243949&postcount=24

CincyHorseplayer
03-07-2012, 12:17 AM
C'mon boys.I was waiting for someone to tell me I was so full of $hit!!Because I was!

CincyHorseplayer
03-07-2012, 12:23 AM
Sure but to make the horse 6/5 based on those things absolutely made the exacta finishers an overlay. That's my point. The public was wrong.

When I saw Calibrachoa at 5-1 in middle stages of betting I was absolutely stunned. Even then the 7-2 was a gift.

To those who want to accuse me of redboarding of which I have no desire to argue about:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1243949&postcount=24

Don't get wadded up.Who hangs out posting during the races anyway?Like you I saw this as gift material.Wish I would have caught on sooner to bet fit now horses vs class layoff horses.Big learning lesson this winter.

tbwinner
03-07-2012, 12:53 AM
Don't get wadded up.Who hangs out posting during the races anyway?

:lol: LOL don't worry I'm not. And yeah you're right.

CincyHorseplayer
03-07-2012, 01:03 AM
:lol: LOL don't worry I'm not. And yeah you're right.

When I wrote that I thought "This guy is going to think I'm a jerk",but it was pretty funny and I thought it would be enjoyed!!!And it has!!:cool:

PaceAdvantage
03-07-2012, 01:06 AM
I'm not a fan of beyers nor do I follow their seemingly frequent methodology changes.Don't let that stop you though... :lol:

the little guy
03-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Don't let that stop you though... :lol:

It's the Horse Racing Message Board equivalent of " I'm not a doctor but I play one on television. "