PDA

View Full Version : Castellano

Beachbabe
03-03-2012, 04:36 PM
To me this guy is the best...especially on the turf. On a course that doesn't play kindly to speed, he just rode #9 Kitty Wine to a wire-to-wire win in a 1 1/16 miles for MSW's. Javier can close on the turf like few others, but give him a speed horse & he can nurse the last ounce of run from it.

He & Johnny V could run a clinic.

Beachbabe
07-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Javier never ceases to amaze me. His mount today in the second race , Sneaky Kitten, was rank as all get-out in the first 1/8 of a mile. Instead of strangling him down, Castellano was able to get him to relax off the pace; made a move at precisely the right time and then kept him to task through the stretch to hold off the fast-closing 6 horse.

IMO, there is no rider close to his talent at this time.

Itamaraca
07-07-2012, 01:40 PM
In other words:

1) his horse was rank early but as there was a speed in the race, it wasn't hard to get him to relax behind that one

2) Castro actually forced him to move prematurely on the turn by coming up inside of him

3) hard to believe that some with otherwise strong opinions actually thought the 6 was a player in the race. the horse's (seemingly) 'best' efforts are in collapsing races. Not hard to predict he hangs in a race that doesn't come apart -- had the length of the stretch to get by and didn't. Moreover, Castellano wins just about every stretch duel with Dominguez. In fact, very few capable male jocks lose stretch duels with Dominguez.

No doubt Castellano is a fine jock (though he's developing troubling premature move tendencies lately -- especially on the turf). But this race was not an example of anything special from this jock. Best horse won the race.

thaskalos
07-07-2012, 01:52 PM
I am reminded of Pat Day...who once remarked that the best jockey is the one who hinders his horse the least.

Beachbabe
07-07-2012, 02:02 PM
In other words:

1) his horse was rank early but as there was a speed in the race, it wasn't hard to get him to relax behind that one

2) Castro actually forced him to move prematurely on the turn by coming up inside of him

3) hard to believe that some with otherwise strong opinions actually thought the 6 was a player in the race. the horse's (seemingly) 'best' efforts are in collapsing races. Not hard to predict he hangs in a race that doesn't come apart -- had the length of the stretch to get by and didn't. Moreover, Castellano wins just about every stretch duel with Dominguez. In fact, very few capable male jocks lose stretch duels with Dominguez.

No doubt Castellano is a fine jock (though he's developing troubling premature move tendencies lately -- especially on the turf). But this race was not an example of anything special from this jock. Best horse won the race.

Yeah, I guess that's it. He's just a run-of-the-mill jock.

Itamaraca
07-07-2012, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I guess that's it. He's just a run-of-the-mill jock.

If that's what you come away with from my comments, then go with it.

the little guy
07-07-2012, 02:18 PM
In other words:

The Fat Man returns.

How many names is this lately? There have been so many that it's getting hard to keep track.

Itamaraca
07-07-2012, 02:40 PM
The Fat Man returns.

How many names is this lately? There have been so many that it's getting hard to keep track.

How could you possibly tout the hanging 6 in the 2nd? Though, you actually talked me into using the 6 in the 1st, with all that dead rail bs.

Since you're monitoring my moves, I suspect you've been following some of my CRUSHES. Including that $3500 tri @ CD. Big effort to cover that one up by the powers that be here.

And, I know you're rooting for me. :lol:

Who is the Fat Man?

PaceAdvantage
07-07-2012, 04:16 PM
Big effort to cover that one up by the powers that be here.I wish I had as much free time as some think I do, in order to make sure "scores" are covered up... :lol:

cj
07-07-2012, 04:21 PM
I wish I had as much free time as some think I do, in order to make sure "scores" are covered up... :lol:

I don't know what TFM is talking about either.

Itamaraca
07-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Yeah, threads have a way of disappearing on their own. And those in charge don't even notice.:rolleyes:

cj
07-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Yeah, threads have a way of disappearing on their own. And those in charge don't even notice.:rolleyes:

Was it under one of your old monikers?

bigmack
07-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Dynamite. Captain Corpulent is back on the scene.

FatMan charts are legendary.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/8999.png

Beachbabe
07-07-2012, 04:54 PM

What threads ???

You're only listed for 4 posts & they're all on this thread.

Are you saying that every thread you posted on before this has been deleted ?

Itamaraca
07-07-2012, 05:02 PM
What threads ???

You're only listed for 4 posts & they're all on this thread.

Are you saying that every thread you posted on before this has been deleted ?

No. I'm saying I CRUSHED a tri @ CD -- $3400 for $2. And, when I 'decided' to post a thread about, it was deleted. IMMEDIATELY. And the 'mods' have no idea what I'm referring to. :rolleyes:

cj
07-07-2012, 05:04 PM
No. I'm saying I CRUSHED a tri @ CD -- $3400 for $2. And, when I 'decided' to post a thread about, it was deleted. IMMEDIATELY. And the 'mods' have no idea what I'm referring to. :rolleyes:

But you are confusing us...you just registered and they are racing at Ellis Park, not Churchill. Please elaborate.

PaceAdvantage
07-07-2012, 05:08 PM
No. I'm saying I CRUSHED a tri @ CD -- $3400 for $2. And, when I 'decided' to post a thread about, it was deleted. IMMEDIATELY. And the 'mods' have no idea what I'm referring to. :rolleyes:So you're saying you were redboarding?

Or did you post the tri before the race?

Itamaraca
07-07-2012, 05:12 PM
So you're saying you were redboarding?

Or did you post the tri before the race?

redboarding?

is this paceandcap?:rolleyes:

I don't redboard, bro. I posted this early in the morning on a thread some other dude started -- with a detailed analysis.

But you knew that. I appreciate the effort, however.

cj
07-07-2012, 05:14 PM
redboarding?

I don't redboard, bro. I posted this early in the morning on a thread some other dude started -- with a detailed analysis.

But you knew that. I appreciate the effort, however.

But Churchill isn't open, and you didn't exist when it was. SMH.

PaceAdvantage
07-07-2012, 05:15 PM
redboarding?

But you knew that. I appreciate the effort, however.Wait, so you're saying that I not only deleted your thread where you were touting your trifecta crush, but I also deleted your early morning post on some other dude's thread?

Really? I find that hard to believe...

BlueChip@DRF
07-07-2012, 05:36 PM
Wait, so you're saying that I not only deleted your thread where you were touting your trifecta crush, but I also deleted your early morning post on some other dude's thread?

Really? I find that hard to believe...

More like he forgot which handle he logged in as and thought he posted as another.

sammy the sage
07-07-2012, 11:24 PM
But Churchill isn't open, and you didn't exist when it was. SMH.

This is what IS KNOWN as crushing... :lol: