PDA

View Full Version : What a ride by John Velazquez in the 7th BIG-A!

Robert Fischer
03-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Riders are generally OVER-rated by the public.

This was a case where the rider influenced the result.

On the far turn, Velazquez making first run, swings BLACKWELL into the path of Joe Rocco and PYRAMIST.
The 10yo mare PYRAMIST gathers herself and comes running - Velazquez instinctively guides BLACKWELL closer to the face of PYRAMIST and toward the path, PYRAMIST hesitates and the better horse loses.

Walder (trainer of Pyramist) claims BLACKWELL in a 2-way shake, so all parties involved made out pretty good.

Look for Blackwell to move-up under Walder.

Grits
03-02-2012, 05:15 PM
His ride wasn't at Aqueduct, it was Gulfstream's 7th.

Robert Fischer
03-02-2012, 05:37 PM

Thank you for the correction. :ThmbUp:

Zydeco
03-02-2012, 05:41 PM

Thank you Grits......i looked at that and did not see Johnny V riding at the big A today.....was going to question it but did not want to get brutalized if I was wrong somehow :lol:

Robert Fischer
03-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Thank you Grits......i looked at that and did not see Johnny V riding at the big A today.....was going to question it but did not want to get brutalized if I was wrong somehow :lol:

no way , more the merrier
good to see the handicapping section buzzing

Interesting ride. I thought Velazquez "won" a battle here.

also very cool that there was a 2way Shake:eek: for the claim of the winner Blackwell.

theguarantee
03-02-2012, 08:32 PM

On the far turn, Velazquez making first run, swings BLACKWELL into the path of Joe Rocco and PYRAMIST.
The 10yo mare PYRAMIST gathers herself and comes running - Velazquez instinctively guides BLACKWELL closer to the face of PYRAMIST and toward the path, PYRAMIST hesitates and the better horse loses.

Walder (trainer of Pyramist) claims BLACKWELL in a 2-way shake, so all parties involved made out pretty good.

Couldn't agree more. He made me a lot of money with that brilliant ride today. Have to give kudos to Rajiv in the next race somehow willing Sinatra to the wire also...

PaceAdvantage
03-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Thank you Grits......i looked at that and did not see Johnny V riding at the big A today.....was going to question it but did not want to get brutalized if I was wrong somehow :lol:Brutalized? Why would you get brutalized?

Ocala Mike
03-02-2012, 10:48 PM
There was a thread, maybe here in PA, a while back the thrust of which was that JV was overrated because he's Pletcher's man. And so it goes. I've got him as one of the two jocks I selected in Road to the Roses.

Ocala Mike

theguarantee
03-02-2012, 11:12 PM
There was a thread, maybe here in PA, a while back the thrust of which was that JV was overrated because he's Pletcher's man. And so it goes. I've got him as one of the two jocks I selected in Road to the Roses.

Ocala Mike

I admit to not always being his biggest fan. But his ride in this race today I thought was sheer genius...and ended up making me a pocketfull. Usually you feel like you capped it right and the jockey burned you. This time I felt I capped it wrong and the jockey saved me. Huge props to JV for this one today.

Beachbabe
03-02-2012, 11:22 PM

Ironic that JV was the regular rider for Walder for the last few years...even into the first part of this year, till Walder began using others (mostly Rajiv Maragh). Don't know what broke up that relationship but both were benefiting from it.