PDA

View Full Version : Master Win Ratings

trying2win
12-23-2003, 05:00 AM
--Just got an e-mail sales pitch from Barry Meadow, for his product called MASTER WIN RATINGS. I'm sure it's a fine product, as Barry has described in previous e-mails all the work that goes into making these special ratings. Does anybody use these MWR'S? What do you think of them?

--I know Barry is a PA member, and posts here once-in-awhile and probably reads the odd post here too. This is a bit of a switcheroo. If we get some feedback from other PA members on the MWR'S, you might say we're doing a review of a reviewer's publication. Most PA members I'm sure, know Barry produces Meadow's Racing Monthly, which usually contains handicapping articles along with reviews of handicapping books or systems. I've read a few of Meadow's Racing Monthly. Very good publication. I just don't know what his MASTER WIN RATINGS are like. I'm just curious.

--Hmm...maybe Barry should send a copy of his MASTER WIN RATINGS to Phillips Racing Newsletter for a review instead (Just kidding, Barry!)

Trying2win

trying2win
12-23-2003, 01:36 PM
Forgot to mention something in previous post. Those MASTER WIN RATINGS are for the major California racetracks only.

Trying2win

dav4463
12-23-2003, 01:37 PM
I've used them in the past. No complaints, they are outstanding ratings. I should probably use them more often since my own picks have not been stellar this month !

Derek2U
12-23-2003, 07:33 PM
It is very doubtful if BM is a good capper. In fact, I doubt he
plays --- but of course he talks of playing. He's a talker/yapper.
Now i'm NO pro player but i'll give U 5:1 that i play more bets &
more money than these Experts. BM made his money selling:
his image, his newsletter, his books, his ratings .... just hype that
sounds true & honest & worth-a-try. But betting, hehe.

dav4463
12-24-2003, 01:19 AM
I think Barry plays quite a lot. I called him one time with a question and I'm pretty sure I could hear some race calls in the background. He was either watching or playing !

Niko
12-24-2003, 12:30 PM
Unless you're a millionaire and have a lot of money to throw on the horses Derek I'll take you up on your 5-1 offer (Barry Meadows and Joe Takach only, I'm not sure about the rest). As far as selling info, they both do. What they sell isn't a simple automatic system.
About Ragozin and The Sheets. They probably don't bet much either because they sell their speed figures so they must not be any good.
They can make some good extra money selling their information, wouldn't you?

Derek2U
12-24-2003, 12:54 PM
You guys so R soo gullible is almost like cutisH. I would challenge
both Takash + BM in any T-bred capping contest. Put both of
them together too .... hey but if U wanna beleive their hype go
ahead.

Bodacious
01-06-2004, 09:06 PM
I don't subscribe to sheets since I use my software, but think about this for a moment, if you spend time creating ratings why wouldn't you want sell them? You already spent valuable time creating the ratings, the only money your going to get off them is your winnings, but if you sell your ratings you generate a second income off your work. Will your horses get bet down? Maybe, but at a track with a large handle, it probably won't make a huge difference and even if it did, you'd make more money selling your ratings. Mr. Meadows, and Ragozin are if anything, sound business men. You can think of selling your ratings as a multiplier effect for your time.

Derek2U
01-07-2004, 05:07 AM
I see ur point mostly about Ragozin. Good point.

kenwoodallpromos
01-07-2004, 11:56 PM
I would sell my track speed predictions because there would be room enough for me to bet and win. If you were Barry, wouldn't you make use of any good system you tested? He is in the perfgect position to use and bet good systems!

Bodacious
01-12-2004, 11:00 PM
I am not sure there are any good systems, just good methods of handicapping, or maybe a systematic approach to handicapping. I don't know if Barry Meadows would use a good system, he has his own method of handicapping, which works for him if you consider a 10 percent ROI working? (Based on his own writings) Meadows though is also a writer and again he makes his money off of writing about a great sport. Writers are born communicators and they like to teach, argue and persuade. Again I don't think there's anything wrong with a writer selling information about systems and handicapping, as long they show some integrity and report the information accurately. In my experience winners don't mind sharing, they don't live with a scarcity mentality.