PDA

View Full Version : 105 MPH Warning

cj's dad
03-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Prince Georges County Md. councilwoman gets off with a warning ticket after being clockesd at 105 mph on the Capitol Beltway -55 mph zone- which surrounds D.C. Oh, she did get a $90 ticket for an "improper lane change".

Think any of us would get away with that.

One other thing. Unless the law has changed in the last 10 or so years, when I was clocked doing 80 in a 50 zone, I was told by the officer that since I was going more than 25 mph above the posted speed limit, I could have been locked up. Since my driving record was good, he did not put me in jail. The fine back then was $500 plus costs.

more here:

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/11042-no-speeding-ticket-for-councilwoman-driving-105-mph

TJDave
03-01-2012, 12:13 PM

My wife could, and does.

She could charm the pants off a rhinoceros.

And does. ;)

HUSKER55
03-01-2012, 03:49 PM
NOW would that be the one horned variety or two horned variety?

I'm sure there is a difference...:D

boxcar
03-01-2012, 03:58 PM
NOW would that be the one horned variety or two horned variety?

I'm sure there is a difference...:D

I was thinking more in terms of the four-legged or two-legged variety. :D

Boxcar

Robert Goren
03-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Prince Georges County Md. councilwoman gets off with a warning ticket after being clockesd at 105 mph on the Capitol Beltway -55 mph zone- which surrounds D.C. Oh, she did get a $90 ticket for an "improper lane change".

One other thing. Unless the law has changed in the last 10 or so years, when I was clocked doing 80 in a 50 zone, I was told by the officer that since I was going more than 25 mph above the posted speed limit, I could have been locked up. Since my driving record was good, he did not put me in jail. The fine back then was $500 plus costs.

more here:

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/11042-no-speeding-ticket-for-councilwoman-driving-105-mph Anybody think she wouldn't have gotten the same treatment 10 years ago. I don't. It is not right, but it's been that way forever.

pktruckdriver
03-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Does she .... ??

Grits
03-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Northern Kentucky, in Boone County, April of 2000. Early one morning around 6:30, I was on the way to the Cincinnati airport trying to make a flight, running real late! :faint: I thought I was the only one on the road that early. I was wrong.

I was pulled in a work zone (or just past it after I could find a place on the shoulder beyond all those big orange barrels). A Boone County sheriff's deputy and a Kentucky state trooper both clocked me at 85 mph in the 50 mph zone. When they stopped, one pulled in front of me, the other behind me.

I started to cry because I thought they were gonna leave my suburban beside the road, and take me to jail. They fussed at me bad, even after they checked my license, where they saw I had no tickets.

I'm not sure it was my Southern charm. More like a combination of it, along with the tears, the mascara, and my nose running--tears, mascara and snot, all over my face. The Trooper went back to his cruiser and got me some kleenex.

Anyway, they just warned me and let me go, telling me, "Grits, now you slow down, you hear? Neither of us want to help put you in a body bag."

Still sniffling and wiping my face, I told 'em, "thank you officers." I waved and drove off real slow.

I'm 2 for 4. This one--charm and hysterics. The next one--a Virginia trooper on a county two lane, on the way to the OTB. He was the consummate flirt. Lord, charm worked on him like giving candy to a baby. :lol: Another one in Kentucky, but hell, she don't count. She was a lesbian, ugly, built like a NY Giants linebacker, tough and hateful. (Am I homophobic? No!! I just despise bad manners cojoined with big and ugly. She didn't need the glock on her hip, she could kill some perp with her bare hands. She got me going 72 in a 65. Witch. (I had to go to driving school in Lexington.) :faint:

I ain't going into the fourth one. We argued. Me and the Lexington, Kentucky motorcycle cop on the interstate, just inside the city limits.

I'm good now. I learned my lesson. I only go 5mph over. The troopers have told me, "we'll give you five, not a mph beyond. I do as I'm told.

cj's dad
03-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Ya gotta admit, there's a HUGE difference between 85 and 105+

cj's dad
03-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Ya gotta admit, there's a HUGE difference between 85 and 105+

@ 85 MPH - 450 ft. + reaction time of 1 second = additional 125'
total = 575 feet or nearly 2 football fields

@ 105 MPH - 656 + reaction time of 1 second = additional 154'
total = 810 feet

Grits
03-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Yeah it is. Gotta admit, though, I didn't put a pencil to it before writing. Sorry I posted after the rest of the guys. Kinda useless.

NJ Stinks
03-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Yeah it is. Gotta admit, though, I didn't put a pencil to it before writing. Sorry I posted after the rest of the guys. Kinda useless.

No way! Those were great stories, Grits! :cool:

It's just the way of the world that men don't want to be handing a nice woman bad news. Which is a good thing I think!

Of course, this Karen Toles in the article is a whole other story. 105 on I-95 between DC and Baltimore at noon is far beyond the pale. :mad: