PDA

View Full Version : Steelers and Hines Ward parting ways

PhantomOnTour
03-01-2012, 12:06 AM
As a young boy it was Franco Harris

As a college kid it was Rod Woodson

And as an adult my favorite player on the greatest football team of all time is Hines Ward.
Man am i gonna miss him...truly a sad day for me.
To me, Hines Ward epitomized the game of football and the Pittsburgh Steelers organization. I think he's done enough to make it into Canton.

Cruel as it may sound...i hope no one picks him up...can't stand the thought of him in another uniform.
Can't stand it :(

Striker
03-01-2012, 12:59 AM
Just saw little blurbs here and there about how Hines was even willing to take a huge paycut in order to stay with the Steelers. Did the team even attempt to talk with his agent or was it pretty much see ya?

judd
03-01-2012, 05:04 AM
Just saw little blurbs here and there about how Hines was even willing to take a huge paycut in order to stay with the Steelers. Did the team even attempt to talk with his agent or was it pretty much see ya?
makes $4 million--young new receivers too good

Robert Goren
03-01-2012, 06:24 AM
How does this effect the situation with Mike Wallace?

cj's dad
03-01-2012, 09:21 AM
My condolences POT. I know how you feel. Reminds me of when Unitas ended up playing for the Chargers. Unforgivable.

Valuist
03-01-2012, 10:09 AM
How does this effect the situation with Mike Wallace?

Looks like the Steelers will tender him, and not franchise him.

cj
03-01-2012, 10:40 AM
My condolences POT. I know how you feel. Reminds me of when Unitas ended up playing for the Chargers. Unforgivable.

POT? Thanks goodness his user name isn't PhantomOnStage.

PhantomOnTour
03-01-2012, 10:45 AM
POT? Thanks goodness his user name isn't PhantomOnStage.
:D
When i was young my father told me that Rice University got their name because the acronym for the Sam Houston Institute of Technology just wouldn't fly.

Robert Fischer
03-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Not sure if he was insisting on a salary about his $4 million and that was the "pay cut", or if he was really ready to play for $500k or whatever the minimum is.

For $500k I'd have the guy on the team, even just for practice.
The guy is smart and has potential to contribute if a lot of things go his way. cheap gamble.

I suspect he wanted 3-4million

Steelers also were very upset with the DUI Ward had off the field, while he was a face of the team and the Steelers are trying so hard to present a certain image from the franchise to the selection of coaches to the public image. Big Ben and Santonio Holmes burned a lot of the player's second chances with off-field issues.

PhantomOnTour
03-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Well, break up the Steelers...Farrior and Aaron Smith reportedly will also be released.
Team was getting old...may be time for a few lean years while the Steelers replace some very key figures for them over last 10yrs or so.

PhantomOnTour
03-20-2012, 07:25 PM
"I can say I'm a Steeler for life and that's the bottom line. That's all I've ever really wanted"
-Hines Ward

Right on Hines...
All time Steeler leader in catches, yards and TD's. Top 10 in all time receptions with 1,000...Super Bowl MVP.

HINES WARD #86...football player :ThmbUp:

Valuist
03-20-2012, 08:37 PM
"I can say I'm a Steeler for life and that's the bottom line. That's all I've ever really wanted"
-Hines Ward

Right on Hines...
All time Steeler leader in catches, yards and TD's. Top 10 in all time receptions with 1,000...Super Bowl MVP.

HINES WARD #86...football player :ThmbUp:

How does a Cajun' become such a fan of the Steelers? Too many lean years from the Saints?

Rise Over Run
03-20-2012, 09:01 PM
Never heard of him.

PhantomOnTour
03-20-2012, 09:42 PM
How does a Cajun' become such a fan of the Steelers? Too many lean years from the Saints?
I'm no Cajun...i just live in Cajunland

Grew up where there was no major sports teams within 200 miles.
Parents are from New Orleans but left before the Saints were born.

FantasticDan
03-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Time to move on to his second career.. ;) :ThmbUp:

5Ac52_GAmXw

cj's dad
03-21-2012, 08:45 PM
HW is the kind of guy you love to hate if he does not play for your team,
If he played for the Ravens, I would most likely love the guy (UGH)
Much like if Ray Lewis was a Steeler you would think he was the best thing since sliced bread.

Hines will be replaced; they all are.