PDA

View Full Version : Tats are not allowed in Islam?

JustRalph
02-29-2012, 09:45 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/02/28/erykah-badu-concert-in-malaysia-canceled-over-her-allah-tattoo-report-says/

I didn't know this............ you can't draw a picture of Allah, now you can't even write the word out in a Tatoo?

http://a57.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/Entertainment/660/371/badu-split-allah-tattoo-640.gif

Robert Goren
02-29-2012, 11:47 AM
I guess the Rev. Terry Jones will be rushing to his local tattoo parlor now.;)

Dave Schwartz
02-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Nor in Judaism.

JustRalph
02-29-2012, 12:06 PM
The reason I was surprised, I have run into many a prisoner that proclaimed to be a Muslim etc........ and they were covered in Tats........

TJDave
02-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Nor in Judaism.

While a Muslim might kill you for it, it's only against Jewish law for Jews to deface their bodies. What a gentile does is strictly his or her business.

GameTheory
02-29-2012, 12:38 PM
The reason I was surprised, I have run into many a prisoner that proclaimed to be a Muslim etc........ and they were covered in Tats........Most of them are probably Nation of Islam, aren't they? Not real Muslims. They probably already had tats before "conversion" as well...

TJDave
02-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Most of them are probably Nation of Islam, aren't they? Not real Muslims. They probably already had tats before "conversion" as well...

They're real. The "Nation" is accepted by all of Islam as genuine, the most famous member being Muhammad Ali who has artfully dodged his association with this bigoted anti-Semitic group for over forty years.

Robert Fischer
02-29-2012, 12:57 PM
That's where the myth about muslims hating our freedom came from (or at least jealous of it!).

GameTheory
02-29-2012, 12:58 PM
They're real. The "Nation" is accepted by all of Islam as genuineBy all of Islam? No, it isn't. Not by a long shot.

TJDave
02-29-2012, 01:35 PM
By all of Islam? No, it isn't. Not by a long shot.

You are obviously not aware how simple it is to become a Muslim. No training, no indoctrination or test...Just a simple declaration of faith. It can even be done in private, even by children without their parent's permission.

Now, there are Muslim sects (Sunni-Shi'a) that do not respect each others practices but NOT that they aren't Muslims.

GameTheory
02-29-2012, 01:40 PM
A simple Google search turned up dozens of Muslim organizations with articles describing how the NOI is *not* Muslim. The NOI violates most of the foundational principles of actual Islam -- they find the NOI totally offensive. So, to say that "all of Islam" recognizes the NOI as genuine is just false.

nijinski
02-29-2012, 01:55 PM
The reason I was surprised, I have run into many a prisoner that proclaimed to be a Muslim etc........ and they were covered in Tats........
A Muslim who owns a small Mini Mart in my area told me years ago that
a high number of converts take place in prison.