PDA

View Full Version : Manhattan Project: Energy

bigmack
02-29-2012, 03:45 AM
Believe it not, hcap, had an interesting notion.

A Manhattan Project-like energy effort by LeFeds.

Is there battery technology possible that will roll past 200 miles that won't blow people up or cost more than Benz?

Why do ya think F2's are still the norm? Alternative energy is EXPENSIVE.

No shortage of private ventures have come up far short for another affordable option.

Drill baby. Drill :confused:

PaceAdvantage
02-29-2012, 03:46 AM
And there's a huge vested interest in keeping it EXPENSIVE, whether it really is or not... :lol:

bigmack
02-29-2012, 03:53 AM
And there's a huge vested interest in keeping it EXPENSIVE, whether it really is or not... :lol:
Wull, I sure hope you're not insinuating a "Building 7-like" conspiracy where "Powers that Be" are keeping anyone from coming up with anything they could possible dream up.

Solar panels from China are shit. They cost less but their sustainability is laughable. Good solar panels are expensive. Wind? Don't make me laugh.

What else?

Let's Roll
02-29-2012, 07:24 AM
I'm not an engineer or anything like that but I think the Holy Grail is cold fusion. If it ever can be done ( safely and cheaply ) it will have a bunch of advantages, it's clean, green and the energy source is water, I think.

The other one that is possible is using Helium 3. He3 is rare on earth but found in greater concentrations on the Moon. You would have to find it there, mine it and ship it back. Something like 1 Lb. could furnish the U.S with electricity for a week.
Of course, your country would need a space program with a moon mission, I'm looking for the Chinese to do this in our lifetime.
If we try anything like this we have to start fast. If it's like the Manhattan Project or the Apollo Program I want there to be a twist. I want the funding
to be at least partly public, so the citizens of the U.S. and elsewhere can invest, like in a stock or a bond.

Tom
02-29-2012, 08:14 AM
But in the meantime, drill, baby, drill.
Our approach to energy in the country is as moronic as it gets.
UpChcuk Schummer is begging the Sorries to increase production, while ignoring our vast energy resources here. What does that boy smoke?

Chuck - you is a morn, boy. A big, dumb moron.

boxcar
02-29-2012, 11:43 AM
But in the meantime, drill, baby, drill.
Our approach to energy in the country is as moronic as it gets.
UpChcuk Schummer is begging the Sorries to increase production, while ignoring our vast energy resources here. What does that boy smoke?

Chuck - you is a morn, boy. A big, dumb moron.

Exactly, Tom! Drilling for oil and R&D for new technology are not mutually exclusive ventures. Quite the contrary! It makes perfectly good sense to do both simultaneously. But this is why liberals don't buy into this sensible approach. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Tom
02-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Why is it that anything to do with drilling will take years and years, but ANYthing about alternative - read: untried, untested - is always the only way to go?

No matter what else it out there, the ONLY short term solution is oil and natural gas. Drill, baby drill, and go "frack" yourself!