PDA

View Full Version : Assassination ?! Are You Kidding Me ?

cj's dad
02-28-2012, 10:20 AM
As much as I dislike BHO, these comments are outrageous. Hopefully, Adler receives a visit from the Feds. His comments are not covered by the 1st amendment.

Snip> Andrew Adler, 'Atlanta Jewish Times' Publisher, Resigns After Obama Assassination Comments <Snip

Andrew Adler, publisher of the Atlanta Jewish Times, resigned (http://sandysprings.patch.com/articles/sandy-springs-publisher-resigns-after-obama-comments) Monday after igniting a firestorm (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/20/andrew-adler-atlanta-jewish-times-obama-assassination_n_1219720.html) by suggesting that the assassination of President Barack Obama would be an appropriate option for the Israeli government.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/24/andrew-adler-atlanta-jewish-times-obama_n_1228538.html

TJDave
02-28-2012, 10:29 AM
Agree.

What's truly amazing is more than one Jew who isn't in bed with democrats or Obama.

HUSKER55
02-28-2012, 10:59 AM
what is even more surprising is the fact that he will not stand by his words.

Think about it. If he believed what he wrote then why step down? If he was honest, his correct response is to tell the rest of the world to go to hell. Instead he folds like a cheap suit.

And people wonder why the media can't be trusted. He deserves to lose it all.

JMHO

cj's dad
02-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Agree.

What's truly amazing is more than one Jew who isn't in bed with democrats or Obama.

I also have been baffled by the somewhat blind support of everything Democrat (read: liberal). The Jews that I know are very family oriented, law abiding, and moral; I can't say the same for many of the Dems I know.

Maybe some of our Jewish members will chime in as to why Jews tend to vote democrat, as in carpetbagger Hilary.

Dave Schwartz
02-28-2012, 12:08 PM
Think about it. If he believed what he wrote then why step down? If he was honest, his correct response is to tell the rest of the world to go to hell. Instead he folds like a cheap suit.

Not necessarily. This is probably damage control. The only hope for this business is to distance itself from him as fast as possible. Since he owns the business, he is simply trying to escape with some degree of value in his company.

Please note that this is not a comment about WHAT he said, just about his future direction with the company.

Just my opinion.

Dave

TJDave
02-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Maybe some of our Jewish members will chime in as to why Jews tend to vote democrat

Short answer is that Jews, Having long been victims of discrimination tend to side with those less fortunate and support policies and programs which support the lower classes of society...liberal territory held traditionally by democrats.

Old habits die hard.

cj's dad
02-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Short answer is that Jews, Having long been victims of discrimination tend to side with those less fortunate and support policies and programs which support the lower classes of society...liberal territory held traditionally by democrats.

Old habits die hard.

Yeah, that been my thought also but when will they learn that their beliefs, morals, standards etc.. are not best represented by the Dems.

And to get back to the OP, did I miss this story on the MSM ? I did see last night where CBS was all aghast that Mitt Romney had 4 cars - 2 of which are Cadillacs. I mean it's not like the guy is worth $200 Million or so.

Ocala Mike
02-29-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm not Jewish, but I went to high school and college surrounded by Jewish friends. I probably wouldn't have had a chance to go to college had I not made a choice to hang with my Jewish pals instead of the "Jersey Shore" types in my neighborhood. I generally agree with what TJDave said, above, but would add the following.

1. Maybe it's different now (not sure), but back in the day there was a great deal of pervasive anti-Semitism fostered by the "checkered pants Republicans." Think country clubs and social gatherings for WASP's only.

2. Jews live in big cities and their environs, not rural areas. Obviously, blue areas, not red.

3. Jews tend to be better educated; I leave it to anyone interested to pursue investigation of how the more highly educated vote in this country.

Ocala Mike

BlueShoe
02-29-2012, 01:04 PM
Perhaps a bit unfair to catagorize all American Jews as ultra left wing, although they have been very overrepresented in radical organizations such as the American Communist Party, CPUSA. Devout Jews that practice their faith tend to be much more conservative than are secular Jews, although that can be said for any faith or creed. An exception is free market champion John Stossel, who is secular. Also in the media are Mark Levin and Michael Savage, considered far right, and guys more center right such as Bernie Goldberg, Ben Stein, and Dennis Prager. House Majority Leader Eric Cantor is the only Jewish Republican in the House.

Because Jewish men love to gamble, have met and become friends with a whole bunch of them at the track over the years, although have lost touch with many of them with the coming of simulcasting. Very few of them fit the stereotype far left radical mold, most were pretty down to earth pragmatic types, and a few were almost as conservative as myself. Well--almost, not quite. :)

GaryG
02-29-2012, 02:22 PM
There were plenty of the "progressive" wing nuts who openly called for GWB's execution. But then, things are always different from the other side.

rastajenk
02-29-2012, 02:50 PM
Even made a movie about it.

Jay Trotter
02-29-2012, 10:27 PM
The Jews that I know are very family oriented, law abiding, and moral; I can't say the same for many of the Dems I know.
Wow! It's a shame you don't get out more and meet all the wonderful individuals in our world! Honestly, you can say that the "majority" of individuals you meet who happen to be democrats are not family oriented, law abiding, moral citizens? What are the odds of that ---- like 1,000 to 1 or something?

I must be living in Pleasantville or something!

newtothegame
03-01-2012, 12:31 AM
Wow! It's a shame you don't get out more and meet all the wonderful individuals in our world! Honestly, you can say that the "majority" of individuals you meet who happen to be democrats are not family oriented, law abiding, moral citizens? What are the odds of that ---- like 1,000 to 1 or something?

I must be living in Pleasantville or something!
ummm where did CJ's dad say "majority" as you claimed???

Jay Trotter
03-01-2012, 09:46 AM
...The Jews that I know are very family oriented, law abiding, and moral; I can't say the same for many of the Dems I know...

Why not stick to the basic premise...............he's saying "many" of the Dems he knows aren't family oriented, law abiding, moral citizens! I'm saying that is a broadly painted generalization and that "MOST" citizens, whether they be Democrats, Republicans, Independants or whatever are indeed family oriented, law abiding, moral citizens. They just happen to have a different set of political beliefs.

cj's dad
03-01-2012, 09:54 AM

Thanks NTTG. Since I live in Baltimore City where about 75%-80% of the residents are Dems, it would make sense that most of my friends are Dems, which is in fact the case. And since Baltimore has at various times led the nation, per capita, in the following categories:

1- cases of STD's
2-teen pregnancy
3-out of wedlock births
4-rape
5-murder

And if I have 50 friends/acquaintances, more or less, and 15 are not the most upstanding of citizens, I would consider that many, but clearly not a majority.

BTW, JT, get out more ?:lol: I probably hang out more by accident than you do on purpose.

newtothegame
03-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Why not stick to the basic premise...............he's saying "many" of the Dems he knows aren't family oriented, law abiding, moral citizens! I'm saying that is a broadly painted generalization and that "MOST" citizens, whether they be Democrats, Republicans, Independants or whatever are indeed family oriented, law abiding, moral citizens. They just happen to have a different set of political beliefs.
Yes, he said "man" of the dems "HE KNOWS", that in no way would imply a majority or a large percentage of Baltimore or the U.S.....
Unless you're willing to say he knows EVERYONE lol