PDA

View Full Version : If Only the Republicans Owned Half the Brass...

boxcar
02-27-2012, 02:53 PM
The Obama campaign in their desperation to raise campaign funds has apparently included many outright lies about the Koch Brothers in their solicitation letters. But the Brothers aren't laying down and taking it, but instead fired back in an open letter response.

Koch brothers fire back at Obama

"If the President’s campaign has some principled disagreement with the arguments we are making publicly about the staggering debt the President and previous administrations have imposed on the country, the regulations that are stifling business growth and innovation, the increasing intrusion of government into nearly every aspect of American life, we would be eager to hear them," Ellender writes.

"But it is an abuse of the President’s position and does a disservice to our nation for the President and his campaign to criticize private citizens simply for the act of engaging in their constitutional right of free speech about important matters of public policy. The implication in that sort of attack is obvious: dare to criticize the President’s policies and you will be singled out and personally maligned by the President and his campaign in an effort to chill free speech and squelch dissent," he writes.

"It is understandable that the President and his campaign may be 'tired of hearing' that many Americans would rather not see the president re-elected. However, the inference is that you would prefer that citizens who disagree with the President and his policies refrain from voicing their own viewpoint. Clearly, that’s not the way a free society should operate," the letter charges.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/02/koch-brothers-fire-back-at-obama-115526.html

If only one of these brothers would make a run for the White House....(Oh, wait...how stupid of me...they wouldn't be electable, would they?) :rolleyes:

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
02-27-2012, 03:10 PM
The Obama campaign in their desperation to raise campaign funds has apparently included many outright lies about the Koch Brothers in their solicitation letters. But the Brothers aren't laying down and taking it, but instead fired back in an open letter response.

Koch brothers fire back at Obama

"If the President’s campaign has some principled disagreement with the arguments we are making publicly about the staggering debt the President and previous administrations have imposed on the country, the regulations that are stifling business growth and innovation, the increasing intrusion of government into nearly every aspect of American life, we would be eager to hear them," Ellender writes.

"But it is an abuse of the President’s position and does a disservice to our nation for the President and his campaign to criticize private citizens simply for the act of engaging in their constitutional right of free speech about important matters of public policy. The implication in that sort of attack is obvious: dare to criticize the President’s policies and you will be singled out and personally maligned by the President and his campaign in an effort to chill free speech and squelch dissent," he writes.

"It is understandable that the President and his campaign may be 'tired of hearing' that many Americans would rather not see the president re-elected. However, the inference is that you would prefer that citizens who disagree with the President and his policies refrain from voicing their own viewpoint. Clearly, that’s not the way a free society should operate," the letter charges.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/02/koch-brothers-fire-back-at-obama-115526.html

If only one of these brothers would make a run for the White House....(Oh, wait...how stupid of me...they wouldn't be electable, would they?) :rolleyes:

Boxcar

I wonder how Teddy Roosevelt or Andrew Jackson would have responded to the Koch boys' whining. :rolleyes:

bigmack
02-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Andrew Jackson would have responded to the Koch boys' whining. :rolleyes:
Andrew Jackson? I wonder how he would react to a tomahawk to the back of the head in light of his slaughter of thousands of Native Amuricans?

rastajenk
02-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Whining? It's the thin-skinned Obamabots that have perfected the art of whining.

johnhannibalsmith
02-27-2012, 03:35 PM
I wonder how they make Pizza Supreme Doritos taste as good as they do.

boxcar
02-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Whining? It's the thin-skinned Obamabots that have perfected the art of whining.

Thank you! Couldn't have said it better. Whining about the Koch brothers is what they did in their campaign letter, as if they did something morally or legally wrong. :bang: :bang: There's nothing worse than a whiner standing on one leg on shifting sands.

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
02-27-2012, 03:56 PM

Even you, Rasta, must admit that Obama has to have a pretty thick skin to put up with 4 more years of the bashing delivered by the right on a daily basis.

rastajenk
02-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Well, it's not as if the media lets much of that bashing through to the unwashed masses. One has to search it out.

Mike at A+
02-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Even you, Rasta, must admit that Obama has to have a pretty thick skin to put up with 4 more years of the bashing delivered by the right on a daily basis.
Maybe he learned SOMETHING positive from George Bush.

Tom
02-28-2012, 10:55 PM
Maybe he learned SOMETHING positive from George Bush.

Or an empty head.
He pretty demands a bashing with the endless line of BS he spews out.
The man is is mentally ill - no one can lie and continually contradict himself the way he does day after day.

I hope he is living personal hell, myself. But he is probably too much in love with himself.

newtothegame
02-29-2012, 02:09 AM
I wonder how they make Pizza Supreme Doritos taste as good as they do.

Priceless :) thanks for the laugh!!