PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Baze?

Marshall Bennett
02-27-2012, 01:54 AM
Anyone know if he'll ride again? What a waste of talent if he doesn't. Some simply never do get that monkey off their back.

Vengeance of Rain
02-27-2012, 04:41 PM
I agree, a huge waste of talent.

The last thing I had remembered reading was that he could have returned at the end of November but hadn't entered the mandatory 30 day program.

I just looked and found something from about two weeks ago... the stewards and his agent haven't so much as heard form him.

http://www.drf.com/news/santa-anita-princess-arabella-looks-short-price-against-four-foes

I hope he's with family or friends and will be able to get through what i assume is a very tough time for him.

Poor kid.

Marshall Bennett
02-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Thanks, doesn't sound good.

toussaud
02-27-2012, 07:59 PM
in a situation like tyler's, riding was probably the thing that was keeping him from going on "the deep end". the structure, his passion for horse racing, etc. take that away, now you have a lot of free time, and money. that's not a good combo for someone like tyler.

I think we will hear from him but it will be a while. he hast o go through what he has to go through.

nijinski
03-03-2012, 01:32 AM
There are posters asking for prayers for him on FB but no definitive reason.
A few say he is in the hospital fighting for his life. I hope it's wrong . In any case he's in my prayers most definately. Anyone else hear anything ?

duncan04
03-03-2012, 01:52 AM
There are posters asking for prayers for him on FB but no definitive reason.
A few say he is in the hospital fighting for his life. I hope it's wrong . In any case he's in my prayers most definately. Anyone else hear anything ?

Same thing on twitter. There is an unfounded rumor that he is in the ICU

Striker
03-03-2012, 01:54 AM
Rumor is ICU at a Monrovia area hospital.

toussaud
03-03-2012, 03:03 AM
i hope he's okay. thoughts and prayers go out. to him and his family.

Shelby
03-03-2012, 10:45 AM

I saw this, too. Praying for Tyler!

Marshall Bennett
03-03-2012, 12:23 PM
TVG mentioned nothing in their opening to "Horse Racing Today" program this morning. I assume that is good news.
Praying for Tyler as well. Hang in there.

nijinski
03-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Former agent Ivan Puhich saw him this am. He reported to DRF he is stable and will be released to enter rehab.

FiveWide
03-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Quote from someone on thoroughbredchampions.com message board today @ 9:47am.

I'm not in Cal so I cannot vouch for the validity of it but let's pray the post is accurate and he gets some desperately needed help.

"Re: Tyler Baze
SoCal horsey radio show reporting this morning that he's stableized and will be released from the hospital today."

-Five

Robert Goren
03-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Latest from DRF

http://www.drf.com/news/tyler-baze-expected-enter-rehab-shortly

precocity
03-03-2012, 07:28 PM
cheering for you baze conquer those demons.

Shelby
05-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Well, this isn't good:

Jockey Tyler Baze’s expected return to riding this spring following a suspension last summer has been postponed indefinitely after he was arrested on a misdemeanor charge in Monrovia Calif., on Tuesday. Officials with the Monrovia Police Department on Thursday would not state the nature of the arrest, citing a privacy policy. According to a person familiar with the case, Baze was arrested for an alcohol-related offense.

http://www.drf.com/news/tyler-baze-return-hold-after-arrest

Stillriledup
06-13-2013, 10:50 PM
Tyler back in trouble.

The P Val situation created a bad precedent, guys now don't care, they know they won't ever lose their livelihood, the California Horse Racing board won't ever 'make an example' out of these guys, its slap on the wrist and back to business.

Midnight Cruiser
06-14-2013, 10:50 AM
Baze and Gomez missing in action yesterday, no?

madera12227
06-16-2013, 12:17 AM
What did happened to Gomez, and Mojica at Hollywood park. Any one knows? Lets hear it?

Al Gobbi
06-16-2013, 03:46 AM
http://www.drf.com/news/hollywood-park-tyler-baze-admits-failing-alcohol-test

http://www.drf.com/news/hollywood-park-notes-gomez-takes-mounts

Rise Over Run
06-30-2013, 08:41 AM
Stewards to rule on Baze suspension this weekend or early next week.

http://www.drf.com/news/hollywood-park-notes-valenzuela-eyes-return-del-mar

Marshall Bennett
06-30-2013, 12:28 PM
Thank you. That's all I need to know. Sorry about the multiple threads.

Al Gobbi
07-08-2013, 01:20 PM
120 day ban
http://www.drf.com/news/hollywood-park-jockey-tyler-baze-suspended-failed-alcohol-test

Stillriledup
07-31-2014, 07:14 PM
Tyler sitting on 1,999 wins.

Hope he can stay clean the rest of the way, he's a great rider. :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
08-01-2014, 01:08 AM
He's been riding great lately :ThmbUp:

Marshall Bennett
08-01-2014, 04:00 AM
May have been great by now if not for the problems in between.
Good luck, Tyler.

Fingal
08-01-2014, 12:40 PM
This was in Bris this morning.
--------------------Tyler Baze could become a father at any time and the next victory for the 31-year-old jockey -- which could come aboard one of his six rides Thursday -- will be No. 2,000 of his career. Exciting prospects, for sure. But as he made his rounds riding morning workouts Thursday, Baze viewed them with the cool demeanor jockeys maintain when they're on a closer and a speed duel is developing up front in a race. "I could get the call any second now," Baze said of his impending parenthood. His wife, Christina, is due to deliver a girl. "It's our first child, so if I get the call, I'll be taking off. But hopefully the baby will wait until after Sunday so we can get through the weekend."

The Baze family is to Thoroughbred race riding what the Wallenda family is to high-wire walking. Tyler comes from a line of Bazes that includes his father, Earl, and mother, the former Cammie Hunt, uncle Gary, second-cousin Russell. He was also a cousin to the late Michael Baze. Victory No. 2,000 will move Tyler to within just more than 10,000 of cousin Russell, racing's all-time wins leader. He smiles at the idea of pursuing such a figure, then puts things in perspective. "I just thank God every day I walk away from here safe," he said. "It's dangerous work. For all of us jocks, every win's a blessing and it's a blessing every time we leave here. My wife's thankful I come home in one piece."

Baze won the Eclipse Award as the top apprentice in North America in 2000 and was the leading apprentice at Del Mar and every other Southern California meeting that year. He had banner years in 2004 and 2008 but battled substance abuse problems starting in 2010-11 and returned to riding full time on January 1 this year. "I've had a rough go of it," Baze admitted. "It will be nice to get it under my belt and join the 2,000 club and start towards joining the 3,000 club. It's been a lot of work. It hasn't been easy."...

Al Gobbi
08-01-2014, 06:58 PM
off all mounts today with baby expected soon.

Al Gobbi
08-10-2014, 09:24 PM
Tyler now 0-40 going into Wednesday's card looking for win 2,000.

Stillriledup
08-10-2014, 09:34 PM
Tyler now 0-40 going into Wednesday's card looking for win 2,000.

Its not like he's riding bad, just not getting the right horses for this surface. Small sample, he's still an elite jock in So Cal, hopefully he will get this soon.

Stillriledup
08-14-2014, 06:10 PM
2,000!!!

JustRalph
06-29-2015, 12:37 AM
Baze wins the Triple Bend on Masochistic yesterday, Grade 1

What a come back.........if you're not familiar, re-read this thread

v j stauffer
06-29-2015, 01:11 AM
Baze wins the Triple Bend on Masochistic yesterday, Grade 1

What a come back.........if you're not familiar, re-read this thread

There still are some feel good stories in our great game. So happy and proud of Tyler.

He has such a huge heart. One of the good guys. :ThmbUp:

plainolebill
06-29-2015, 10:43 PM
Yeah, he's riding better than ever. Glad to see it, he's had some bad road to travel.