PDA

View Full Version : Prado and Tagg

Beachbabe
02-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Both these guys have seemed to be re-born at Gulfstream this year.
Anything Tagg starts on the grass is live, big-time. He's winning at about 23% at Gulf and the vast majority of his wins have been on the turf and at decent prices.
Prado is riding like the guy who rode Barbaro to his win in the Kentucky Derby. For a few years, now, he's been a mere shell of that former self. Now he's up around 17% wins at Gulf, which is a better percentage than guys like Paco Lopez; Joe Bravo and Rajiv Maragh, and he's almost tied with Leparoux.

shouldacoulda
02-28-2012, 02:31 PM
I hated Prado for a while (not personally). I know hates a strong word but it seemed like every time I bet on him I lost and he beat me when I bet against him. I have come to realize his strongest game is on the turf. Especially routes. He has brought in some nice ones in maiden turf routes and it is a pleasure to watch him ride. After reading some things about him on this forum and seeing the special about Barbaro I think he is a hell of a guy actually. He still lets me down occasionally but then any jockey will do that. They can't win every time. He has over 5,000 career wins for a reason.

big frank
02-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Edgar is one of the best turf riders i have ever seen !!

Robert Fischer
02-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Prado was one of my favorites in the late 80s early 90s (going by memory here). Really good on his early Maryland circuit days.

Glad to see he's in a good groove after some pretty tough recent years.

He really pushes early horses on the turf.