PDA

View Full Version : TB Race 8-Its Me Mom-Saturday

mistergee
02-26-2012, 03:40 PM
would like to see the comments of some sharp eyes who watched the stretch run of this race and would like to comment on the horse and rider of Its Me Mom

bitter
02-28-2012, 07:39 AM
wouldn't say my eyes are "sharp", but i was there saturday and the horse had no excuse. made an easy lead and the fractions were not eye popping, i think martinez just thought he had a little more left in the tank than he actually did. Mid-stretch you could tell the horse was laboring while the 2nd place horse was cutting into the lead, willie got into the horse way too late IMO, and that's how a 1-9 shot loses
wouldn't be surprised if you see a change of rider in the next race.

lamboguy
02-28-2012, 07:58 AM
wouldn't say my eyes are "sharp", but i was there saturday and the horse had no excuse. made an easy lead and the fractions were not eye popping, i think martinez just thought he had a little more left in the tank than he actually did. Mid-stretch you could tell the horse was laboring while the 2nd place horse was cutting into the lead, willie got into the horse way too late IMO, and that's how a 1-9 shot loses
wouldn't be surprised if you see a change of rider in the next race.stifano uses martinez all the time everywhere they run any type of stake horse. he gets on all their good horses.

mikesal57
02-28-2012, 08:14 AM
Two things....6.5 too long for her or did she really have to go under 45 for the half..it was a 22.3 second fraction which was a full second faster than any other race...the last 1/16 was 6:57...just as fast as a maiden race......I'm sure its jockey fault

1st time lasix
02-28-2012, 07:41 PM
the extra half furlong {farthest the horse had run in the form} was the reason i singled the other entry-{white merlot}who had some back clas in the multi-race exotics. Got a little extra value out of it. the plan doesn't always come together but in this case it did.:ThmbUp:

rrpic6
02-28-2012, 07:57 PM
I was standing at the finish line during that race. It took a track record to beat Its Me Mom! She ran her heart out and hope the connections rest her until opening day at Presque Isle Downs. She loves it there and the people in Erie love her!

RR