PDA

View Full Version : Pk4 contest help needed

Light
12-22-2003, 12:20 PM
Playing the Pk4 contest this weekend was an enjoyable challenge. Even though I don't bet my picks and it is mostly mythical,I find myself watching the results with the same intensity as if I had real money on the line. It is also a good learning tool. Since Aqueduct is not my circuit I need some pointers from those who regularly play Aqueduct.

I don't know if there is another racetrack in American that has an inner dirt track. I'm finding this a unique challenge. These questions are kind of mathematical.

I have concluded that if there were 2 horses(of equal ability)running at the same time in a route for 1mile,the outer track horse would be at an advantage since he only has to go around 1 turn vs. 2 turns for the inner track horse.However the outer horse's turn is a wider circumfrence than the inner horse's turns.

So question #1.How would you adjust inner and outer horse's times in routes with 1 vs. 2 turns. but the 1 turn has a longer circumference turn.

In a sprint,(6f) If 2 horses ran simultaneously,one on inner and the other on outer,the inner seems like he has the advantage since the circumfrence of his turn is smaller.Therefore I would have to adjust their times too.

Question #2 How do you N.Y cappers adjust times in sprints between inner and outer surfaces since one has a wider turn circumference.