PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Trifecta's Maywood Park Expanded Picks 2/24

precisionk
02-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Should be a great card tonight. Lots of nice horses and nice prices.

R1: 6,2,1......Lyon's Face-7/2 ML......Fresh off the claim and shipping over from Balmoral. Should figure as Sutton won last time out over at BMP and follows suit here at Maywood. Won from a worse post so post improvement should only solidify the selection.

R2: 2,3,6......Dontevenmesswithme-3/1 ML......Oosting picks up the horse as it should be a two horse race between #2 and the #3. Not alot in this race as far as speed. All non winners and it shows.

R3: 5,2,7......Colefederate-9/2 ML......Oosting/Millman combo give this horse a great shot at upsetting the #2. In top form and should get a fair price. #7 Wes Mantooth sneaky play here. Drop in class and knows this track well.

R4: 2,4,1......Apache White Foot-3/1 ML......#4 will be tough to beat here. I don't like to beat on favorites and I feel #2 has the best shot at that upset. Warren jumps off #2 onto the #4 and we pick up Oosting. Has a good shot.

R5: 3,5,7......Innovation-4/1 ML......My first juicy race of the night. #9 is the strong favorite since its shipping in from BigM. Extremely vulnerable favorite due to post position. BigM always runs fast and I think will be overbet and overplayed. Innovation has been trying his hand and tougher and without success. Drops back down where he finished 2nd and 3rd, improved post position and Carpenter onboard.

R6: 3,1,8......Final Attribute-12/1 ML......Probably my favorite race on the card tonight. The two favorites are in posts 1/2. #1 didn't do much here last time out, probably needs a second start. #2 is try back at this level as it was failing to find the winners circle at this level and had to drop to compete. Final Attribute ran well coming up short in its like Claiming race. Jumps up a level to take another stab. Didn't do well at this level last time due to breaking at or before the gate, so we will throw out that race. Has faced tougher races then most here based on the class rating. Taking a shot at a big price to see if we can bring home the bacon. Mr. Trifecta's Bomber of the Night!

R7: 3,4,5......Filled With Wonder-6/1 ML......Tough race to handicap. Alot of great horses here, but I am hoping the 6/1 ML on Filled With Wonder will keep this horse at a good price. Stepping up in class to the 10k claimers, alot of early speed here which FWW will compete with. Oosting on board, should be a close race.

R8: 2,6,4......KD's Troublemaker-6/1 ML......KD's Troublemaker has done all its damage from the 2 hole all year and gets that prime position this time around as well. Last two didn't show much, but is back in her comfort zone. #6 will try to get first over so it will be key that she gets out infront or just behind the #6. Her times here fit in and should fetch a good price. Mr. Trifecta's Pick of the Night!

R9: 7,4,6......Bring the Rain-5/2 ML......I don't usually bet on the favorite and probably won't here, but Bring the Rain shipping from Balmoral, has the times that completely usurp the field.

R10: 3,4,7......Waiting and Hoping-6/1 ML......I have been "Waiting and Hoping" all card to get on this horse. Top form as of late and steps back up in class and gets a good post draw to boot. #9 will figure to claim a bit of money as it won here last time at the same post, problem is did so against lesser company. It was between this race and R8 as my pick of the night. Chose R8 due to potentially better price. Time to get in on the ground floor.

R11: 3,8,5......Shark Waves-12/1 ML......This race has the potential for some of the biggest payoffs and upsets of the night. Alot of fine horses here and I am all in on Shark Waves here. Gets no respect on the ML despite it winning at this same level and dropping back down to this level again. Does not like to be on the lead and should be coming late with the 8. Put your money on those trifecta's and exacta's here because if it hits, we will all be going to the Sizzler later on. Mr. Trifecta's "Going to the Sizzler" Pick of the Night!

R12: 3,1,4......Fox Valley Renoir-8/1 ML......Back after a month layoff and it will come down to if Fox Valley Renoir can jump right back into form. The #1 and the #4 will be taking alot of the money so we should get a great price here. Just missed last time out. Miller on board and previous form indicates should be very competitive with the favorites.

R13: 1,4,3......Stonebridge Symbol-8/1 ML......Stonebridge Symbol trying again in this company as it failed to fire last time at a bad post. Need last race and gets the golden post. Should be making its moves around the 3Q pole. Roberts picked this over the favorite #3.....hmm..sneaky longshot here? I think so. If he makes his move, we should be laughing all the way to the bank.

R14: 2,7,1......Zeller's Island-12/1 ML......Bomb potential on this entire card his huge and this race is no different. Big drop in class and finally gets a decent post. Recent form hasn't been great, but betting on the drop in class and better post position and we should get a big price. Cross them fingers.

precisionk
02-25-2012, 01:26 AM
R1: Out

R2: Out

R3: 2,7,9 $1 Exacta Box 5,2,7......$15.20

R4: Out

R5: Out

R6: Out

R7: Out

R8: Out

R9: 6,7,8 Place $3.20....$3.60 $1 Exacta box 7,4,6......$32.90

R10: Out

R11: 3,5,8 Win $8.60....$4.20....$3.80 $1 Exacta box 3,8,5......$39.00 $1 Trifecta box 3,8,5......$204.20

R12: 1,3,4 Place $3.80....$2.40 $1 Exacta box 3,1,4......$8.50 $1 Trifecta box 3,1,4......$17.10

R13: 8,1,3 Place $5.00....$4.00

R14: Out