PDA

View Full Version : PaceAdvantage inspires Brisnet FREE PPs promotion

EJXD2
02-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Sure, Brisnet.com has offered PPs before, but we don't do it every year, and if it weren't for a thread on PaceAdvantage bemoaning the Daily Racing Form raising its prices then we may not have done it this year.

Many PaceAdvantage users said they were looking for a past performance alternative in the wake of increased prices. Brisnet.com Ultimate Past Performances (http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/trk_report.cgi?uwc) aren't for everybody, but free files for a week is a great way to find out if they're right for you.

As a thank you to PaceAdvantage for providing keen insight to Brisnet (and the industry at large) into the minds of our customers, Brisnet.com is pleased to sponsor Contest 6 in the PaceAdvantage Challenge Series (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70), the Del Mar/Saratoga Challenge later this year!

PhantomOnTour
02-23-2012, 05:16 PM
"Awesome....totally awesome!"
-Jeff Spicoli

Good to hear that. I switched about 2yrs ago and I'm very happy with my decision.

Speed Figure
02-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Sure, Brisnet.com has offered PPs before, but we don't do it every year, and if it weren't for a thread on PaceAdvantage bemoaning the Daily Racing Form raising its prices then we may not have done it this year.

Many PaceAdvantage users said they were looking for a past performance alternative in the wake of increased prices. Brisnet.com Ultimate Past Performances (http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/trk_report.cgi?uwc) aren't for everybody, but free files for a week is a great way to find out if they're right for you.

As a thank you to PaceAdvantage for providing keen insight to Brisnet (and the industry at large) into the minds of our customers, Brisnet.com is pleased to sponsor Contest 6 in the PaceAdvantage Challenge Series (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70), the Del Mar/Saratoga Challenge later this year!

When will brisnet offer a TSN Advantage Style Plan for the $1 data files or for the MultiCAPS Data Files? this is something that handicappers have wanted for the long time now!

raybo
02-24-2012, 08:26 AM
When will brisnet offer a TSN Advantage Style Plan for the $1 data files or for the MultiCAPS Data Files? this is something that handicappers have wanted for the long time now!

That's exactly what I have been writing Brisnet about for months now. When CDI and the TSN to Brisnet fiasco happened, TSN unlimited plan users got the same thing with Bris. What about those long time Bris users who were left out in the cold? Whether they think so or not, that was, and is, a huge slap in the face! JCapper/HDW is looking better every day!

Several of my AllData users have already mafe the switch and I expect many more will now that AllData RS is a reality and requires the populationof a database for each track. Get's a little expensive at $1.25 per track oer day for card and results files.

speed
02-24-2012, 08:53 AM
Had this conversation with them a few months ago. They said it was in the works. LOL I doubt they will do anything. They appear to have no clue as too the opportunity they had when DRF raised prices. If they went 79.99 monthly they would likely have really hurt DRF online sales. I am sure their sales have increased slightly with DRF increases so in their eyes why change a thing. They will never get another chance like this to get customers to switch to them again. DRF is still very much cheaper than Bris if you play everyday, many tracks because of their unlimited plan. I know 26 players such as myself that left Bris. for DRF simply because of the unlimited plan, never ever to return to Bris. The constant in all of this is how stupid bris. must think it's unlimited plan customers were. Imagine downloding 8 tracks daily, which is common these days and then getting the monthly bill for $240. Some download data for every track every day, imagine those bills with Bris. Thankfully horseplayers have options from other data providers which are considerably cheaper than Bris.

Jay Trotter
02-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Hats off to Brisnet.

I will mention for the first time.......

.....Brisnet has just signed on as Title Sponsor of the PaceAdvantage Challenge Series` Contest 6 -- The Del Mar / Saratoga Challenge to run later this summer. Full details of our agreement are still being finalized.

Thanks Brisnet! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

David-LV
02-25-2012, 03:30 AM

The TSN fiasco was a total disgrace, To discontinue a product without any fair notice and allow the people that were on the $59.95 a month unlimited plan at the time to continue to get the Multicap files for $59.95 a month up to this day is not good business and not fair to your customers.
When you sell a product it should be offered to all persons that are willing to pay for it. No favorites, Brisnet left a lot of good customers out in the cold with this unreal decision.
Their were some players that happened to be turned off the month that BRIS switched the TSN players over to the Multicap for one reason or another and in my case I had to go in for heart surgery.
BRIS offers great products and was always fair, but in this case they really dropped the ball.
I never ever heard of a company that is willing to give away free money.
You have a product $59.95 unlimited Multicap files that you sell to a large group of customers, but other customers of BRIS for years can't buy this product because they happened to be shut off the month BRIS decided to close down TSN.
I am ready to sign up right now and be offered the same deal that you sell to a large amount of customers, unlimited Multicap files for $59.95 per month.
There should be no favorites when it comes to purchasing any of Brisnet's products.

raybo
02-25-2012, 05:43 AM
The TSN fiasco was a total disgrace, To discontinue a product without any fair notice and allow the people that were on the $59.95 a month unlimited plan at the time to continue to get the Multicap files for $59.95 a month up to this day is not good business and not fair to your customers.
When you sell a product it should be offered to all persons that are willing to pay for it. No favorites, Brisnet left a lot of good customers out in the cold with this unreal decision.
Their were some players that happened to be turned off the month that BRIS switched the TSN players over to the Multicap for one reason or another and in my case I had to go in for heart surgery.
BRIS offers great products and was always fair, but in this case they really dropped the ball.
I never ever heard of a company that is willing to give away free money.
You have a product $59.95 unlimited Multicap files that you sell to a large group of customers, but other customers of BRIS for years can't buy this product because they happened to be shut off the month BRIS decided to close down TSN.
I am ready to sign up right now and be offered the same deal that you sell to a large amount of customers, unlimited Multicap files for $59.95 per month.
There should be no favorites when it comes to purchasing any of Brisnet's products.

Exactly my point, how can you offer a specific group of customers a product, and bar other customers the right to buy the same product? :bang:

I guarantee you, if JCapper/HDW offered a $59.95 plan I would have already switched. That's more than I download from Bris per month, but would be worth it to have the additional tracks available. I'm struggling trying to populate my RS databases for testing other tracks, and this would certainly help with that.

Robert Goren
02-25-2012, 09:23 AM
If there was ever a case of looking a gift horse in the mouth, this thread is it.

Cholly
02-25-2012, 09:49 AM
If there was ever a case of looking a gift horse in the mouth, this thread is it.

no good deed ever goes unpunished...

raybo
02-25-2012, 12:16 PM

You obviously aren't a Brisnet data file purchaser who has been a loyal Brisnet member for over 10 years, and still has to pay for individual cards and results while the "new guys" from TSN, get them at bargain prices.

Is that the way you would run your business?

David-LV
02-25-2012, 01:26 PM

You are now up to 8312 posts and still have no knowledge of the subject that is being discussed in this thread just like many others threads that you go off on without thinking. Come on Robert, you really seem like a good guy. Lets get positive.

You really don't know the real issue here when BRIS cut off all loyal TSN subscribers with hardly any notice at all.
Learn the real facts then come up with an opinion on what is fair, and what is not fair.

________
David-LV

Tom
02-25-2012, 01:40 PM
You are now up to 8312 posts and still have no knowledge of the subject that is being discussed in this thread just like many others threads that you go off on without thinking. Come on Robert, you really seem like a good guy. Lets get positive.

You really don't know the real issue here when BRIS cut off all loyal TSN subscribers with hardly any notice at all.
Learn the real facts then come up with an opinion on what is fair, and what is not fair.

________
David-LV

You really don't know the real issue here
But that is not what this thread is about. It is about a free week of product.
Not everyone is an angry customer - so maybe you should start your own thread and leave this one to people are happy with the free week.
It is not all about you. Bobby seems to have this thread figured out perfectly.

Beachbabe
02-25-2012, 01:43 PM
I'll interrupt & throw in an "attaboy" for Bris; the quality of their product & the giving their product for free to Twinspires acc't holders when they bet the track whose pp's they downloaded.
Not to mention props for stepping up to sponsor one of our contests.

David-LV
02-25-2012, 01:57 PM
But that is not what this thread is about. It is about a free week of product.
Not everyone is an angry customer - so maybe you should start your own thread and leave this one to people are happy with the free week.
It is not all about you. Bobby seems to have this thread figured out perfectly.

I was just waiting for you to stick your nose into this.
I am not an angry customer, I just want Brisnet to treat all their customers the same.
As you already know some threads go off the subject slightly, as you have done many times yourself.
By the way, I'll get back on topic, I am also happy with the free week.

_______
David-LV

raybo
02-25-2012, 04:04 PM
I am not an angry customer, I just want Brisnet to treat all their customers the same.
As you already know some threads go off the subject slightly, as you have done many times yourself.

_______
David-LV

Me too, I'm happy for those players who use the "Ultimates" PDFs. Too bad you can't readily manipulate the data in those.

PaceAdvantage
02-25-2012, 04:11 PM

_______
David-LVSo like he said, start a new thread, or better yet, PM EJXD2 and voice your opinion that way...

He's "sticking his nose in" just like you "stuck your nose in," is he not?

David-LV
02-25-2012, 04:49 PM
So like he said, start a new thread, or better yet, PM EJXD2 and voice your opinion that way...

He's "sticking his nose in" just like you "stuck your nose in," is he not?

Your right and I apologize to Tom.
I am just so frustrated about the way BRIS handled the TSN situation.
I did what you said and PM EJXD2 and I hope I receive an answer.
It seem that ever since CD took over BRIS it is almost impossible to communicate with anyone that can make a decision, just short of flying to Kentucky myself, and that probability wouldn't help either.

________
David-LV

Tom
02-25-2012, 06:13 PM

Glad I was able to oblige! :rolleyes:
No problem, David, I understand your positon and share it to a degree.
At least BRIs does some favors for thier customers from time to time, unlike the "other" guy.

David-LV
02-28-2012, 10:57 AM
So like he said, start a new thread, or better yet, PM EJXD2 and voice your opinion that way...

PM EJXD2 at BRIS and have received no response as of Tuesday morning.
It is very tough getting any answers from BRIS on this subject.

_________
David-LV

EJXD2
02-28-2012, 02:40 PM
PM EJXD2 at BRIS and have received no response as of Tuesday morning.
It is very tough getting any answers from BRIS on this subject.

_________
David-LV

Hi, David-LV... I don't have a PM from you, so sorry for being out of touch. Feel free to drop me a line on here or via e-mail: Ed<dot>DeRosa<at>Brisnet<dot>com