PDA

View Full Version : A General Ass Kissing

cj's dad
02-22-2012, 12:33 PM
A disgrace to the uniform. Probably ordered to do so by BHO and/or Hilary.
When are one of these top military officials going to have the balls to resign rather than embarrass themselves and the country.

Check out the phony dialect. I wonder if he had to audition for this apology ?
You know, like the show "The Voice".

f1zDnmiSG9c

TJDave
02-22-2012, 12:59 PM
"The materials recovered will be properly handled by appropriate religious authorities."

I vote for Boxcar.

canleakid
02-22-2012, 01:14 PM
for sure every enlisted type gets a chuckle whenever a "Fruit Salad " wearing type has to put on a dog and pony show ;) as for the materials, time to "squeeze the Charmin!" :D

whiptastic
02-22-2012, 01:30 PM
A disgrace to the uniform. Probably ordered to do so by BHO and/or Hilary.
When are one of these top military officials going to have the balls to resign rather than embarrass themselves and the country.

Check out the phony dialect. I wonder if he had to audition for this apology ?
You know, like the show "The Voice".

For those of us with family there, I respectfully request that you keep your ill-informed opinions to yourself. They took incoming fire all night long and the locals are PISSED over this. Anything the brass can do to calm this down is in order. It was a colossal FU, and a distraction that is not at all needed.

Also, I would challenge you to call John R. Allen a disgrace to the uniform to his face. I'd stack his résumé and judgement (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_R._Allen) against yours any day.

johnhannibalsmith
02-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Whatever he said at the end sounded delicious. Banana Dalaqueur or something.

bigmack
02-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Like I said in the thread that has now been jacked by goren & JHS.

Never burn the Koran. Shred it.

Tom
02-22-2012, 02:22 PM
Civilized people?
They do not deserve our efforts - bring ALL the troops home, and let the animals live under the Taliban. They are not worth it.

johnhannibalsmith
02-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Like I said in the thread that has now been jacked by goren & JHS.

Hey hey hey... you abandoned the thread for day(s) and I did all I could do to keep it stabilized and topical... I just try to be a real gentleperson by answering when asked... a little drift never hurt anyway... go find us a good tale to learn from...

cj's dad
02-22-2012, 02:56 PM
For those of us with family there, I respectfully request that you keep your ill-informed opinions to yourself. They took incoming fire all night long and the locals are PISSED over this. Anything the brass can do to calm this down is in order. It was a colossal FU, and a distraction that is not at all needed.

Also, I would challenge you to call John R. Allen a disgrace to the uniform to his face. I'd stack his résumé and judgement (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_R._Allen) against yours any day.

14 post man- try cutting your teeth on the horse racing section before you come on here with your threats and pontifications.

Also, I don't think there are any enemy fighters taking time off from their attacks to read PA.

As for the family member(s) there, I wish them God speed.

Robert Goren
02-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Civilized people?
They do not deserve our efforts - bring ALL the troops home, and let the animals live under the Taliban. They are not worth it.Something we agree on.

whiptastic
02-22-2012, 03:37 PM
14 post man- try cutting your teeth on the horse racing section before you come on here with your threats and pontifications.

Also, I don't think there are any enemy fighters taking time off from their attacks to read PA.

As for the family member(s) there, I wish them God speed.

I get that your outrage meter is pegged to the limit over a blue million little things. I've seen your posts on here since I started lurking about a year ago. I asked you respectfully to keep it down on this one, and for good reason. When that jackass down in Florida decided to burn the Koran, people died. When someone you care about is in harms way, this stuff matters. It's not some abstraction that your cavalier attitude should turn into a false right vs. left flame war. Take a minute to look at Gen. John Allen's biography and then revisit what he was trying to do with that video. He's doing his best to keep a lid on the boiling pot and keep his people safe. For that, you call him a disgrace to the uniform. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, but we've got fine people over there defending your right to blather and bloviate. Just do us all a favor and not disrespect them while they are doing it, OK?

JustRalph
02-22-2012, 04:33 PM
I get that your outrage meter is pegged to the limit over a blue million little things. I've seen your posts on here since I started lurking about a year ago. I asked you respectfully to keep it down on this one, and for good reason. When that jackass down in Florida decided to burn the Koran, people died. When someone you care about is in harms way, this stuff matters. It's not some abstraction that your cavalier attitude should turn into a false right vs. left flame war. Take a minute to look at Gen. John Allen's biography and then revisit what he was trying to do with that video. He's doing his best to keep a lid on the boiling pot and keep his people safe. For that, you call him a disgrace to the uniform. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, but we've got fine people over there defending your right to blather and bloviate. Just do us all a favor and not disrespect them while they are doing it, OK?

The larger picture bemoans your point. In fact it invites the kind of criticism that you take such umbrage to. If this so called war wasn't being run like a poking festival in a school yard somewhere, nobody would even care about these issues. Everybody has a right to make these comments outside the realm wherein it would have actual effect on those in theater, and your whining about somebody on PA commenting being out of bounds is a joke.

I can appreciate the feelings you have, but you can't actually think that U.S. forces might actually take more mortar rounds because of a post on PA ?

Take a pill. The General is doing what he was told to do by the Suits in Washington, and you know it.

canleakid
02-22-2012, 04:46 PM
General Allen is just following orders

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

The General took that oath way before he became an officer!!!!

"YES SIR"

SALUTE :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
02-22-2012, 04:55 PM
After looking around a bit, the General is taking a ton of shit for this video from many different people. Lots of comments online. Including some of his peers.

canleakid
02-22-2012, 05:01 PM

I am sure that NO disrespect was intended by the post, and because of all of our troops all over the world we can sit in front of our pc's and talk smack all day long !!!!!!!!!!!! Wars were here way before all of us here, and till the last war is fought ( the one where we ALL lose) we got to enjoy the life we have.

whiptastic
02-22-2012, 07:54 PM
The larger picture bemoans your point. In fact it invites the kind of criticism that you take such umbrage to. If this so called war wasn't being run like a poking festival in a school yard somewhere, nobody would even care about these issues. Everybody has a right to make these comments outside the realm wherein it would have actual effect on those in theater, and your whining about somebody on PA commenting being out of bounds is a joke.

I can appreciate the feelings you have, but you can't actually think that U.S. forces might actually take more mortar rounds because of a post on PA ?

Take a pill. The General is doing what he was told to do by the Suits in Washington, and you know it.

He's doing whatever it takes to keep his people safe, and YOU know it. Someone called him a disgrace to the uniform for doing just that. You'd better believe that I have a problem with it. Everyone should have a problem with it. Sure, you and everyone else safe and sound here in the states has a "right" to comment about these issues. Hell, that jackass down in Florida had the "right" to burn the Koran. But the fact of the matter is that actions have consequences. Just because you have folks over there making sure your "rights" to run your mouth are protected, doesn't make it right to disrespect them while they do it. When I hear someone calling out a man like Allen over this -- calling him a disgrace to the uniform -- I have every "right" to call it like I see it.

whiptastic
02-22-2012, 08:45 PM

The more I think about this, the more angry I get. What is your point? What larger picture? Someone on this board called one of our best and brightest a disgrace to the uniform, and you are here defending that? Did you read his bio? What? If we'd just "untie" thehands and let the boys mow down the couple of thousand locals outside the wire,everything would be fine...???

Look, I'm not saying the OP was causing more incoming rounds. I'm saying Allen is trying to calm the situation and OP called him a disgrace to the uniform for it. The fact that you are on here trying to defend that tells me everything I need to know. The OP stepped over the line and I called him out. I told him why in a respectful way, and he got all condescending. I’m not saying he doesn’t have the right to free speech, but I call it like I see it and the way I see it, this is something that gets mucked out of a stall.

I just don’t see how anyone can disrespect this man for trying to defuse this mess. At the end of the day, it’s about some kind of macho, jingoistic, close-minded and short sighted idealism wherein an apology for screwing the pooch is viewed as weak. Brother, I’m here to tell you that it ain’t. When you screw up, man up, admit it, apologize and move on. General Allen is trying to do that, but the armchair warriors here are calling him a disgrace to the uniform. Like I said before, go read his bio and then come back here and tell me you know better what he should be doing.

cj's dad
02-22-2012, 08:48 PM
He's doing whatever it takes to keep his people safe, and YOU know it. Someone called him a disgrace to the uniform for doing just that. You'd better believe that I have a problem with it. Everyone should have a problem with it. Sure, you and everyone else safe and sound here in the states has a "right" to comment about these issues. Hell, that jackass down in Florida had the "right" to burn the Koran. But the fact of the matter is that actions have consequences. Just because you have folks over there making sure your "rights" to run your mouth are protected, doesn't make it right to disrespect them while they do it. When I hear someone calling out a man like Allen over this -- calling him a disgrace to the uniform -- I have every "right" to call it like I see it.

He is a disgrace to the uniform and if you don't like the analogy, so be it. You have family in the war zone? Millions others do and have had the
same as Have I. Move on dude, Eagerly awaiting post # 18

whiptastic
02-22-2012, 09:00 PM
He is a disgrace to the uniform and if you don't like the analogy, so be it. You have family in the war zone? Millions others do and have had the
same as Have I. Move on dude, Eagerly awaiting post # 18

I get it. You are a bitter, angry old man with no skin in the game and an outrage meter pegged to full tilt from dawn on. You look at this from some kind of jingoistic place where anything that slights your world view deserves maximum anger. I've seen your posts and I wonder how you make it through the day. Somehow, you've turned this into an Obama or Hillary issue, when the reality is the man is trying to do his job, keep his people safe and get home. You stepped over the line, and you are not man enough to admit it.
I don't like it any more than anyone else that he had to apologize for this. Frankly, I give two craps about the Koran. But you don't, and I mean this, disrespect a man for eating a crap sandwich to calm this thing down.

Tom
02-22-2012, 09:38 PM
I don't like it any more than anyone else that he had to apologize for this.

When do we get an apology for burning our flag by a mob a sub-human animals?

When you find people risking it all to fight evil in this world you usually find our flag flying overhead.

And when you find a nest of the vermin, you usually find a Koran in it.

Dahoss9698
02-22-2012, 09:43 PM
Move on dude, Eagerly awaiting post # 18

Never really understood this criticism. At one point everyone had few posts.

If it's taboo to criticize people for high post counts, it should work both ways.

Ocala Mike
02-22-2012, 10:14 PM
It's reality in this country that the military is subordinate to the government. I was once assigned to advisory duty in a country that's one of our strongest allies. I was a junior Air Force officer at the time, and was sent to the Military Assistance Institute in Arlington, VA which was run by civilians, mostly ex-military, for training.

It was impressed upon us during the training that we were visitors on their soil, and we were required to learn and display the language and customs of the people during the entire tour of duty.

One day I was driving the Colonel's staff car back from the capital of the country when a young man darted out in front of me, resulting in me striking him and breaking his leg. I found out that the Air Force had an entire policy in place which required me to pay a "solatium" payment to his family (USAF funds) and verbally apologize, even though the accident was not my fault.

These were the realities of the military back in the 60's, and I'm sure they still exist today.

Ocala Mike

HUSKER55
02-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Hey tom, I bet you don't get an answer for for damn sure no apology

elysiantraveller
02-22-2012, 10:30 PM
When you are a conducting a military occupation it is wise, especially if you are trying to transition the government to a democracy, not to thoroughly piss of the people of the country by burning their religious symbols...

Just sayin'...

Historical Example: Hirohito wasn't executed.

Tom
02-22-2012, 11:23 PM
1. If it wasn't intentional, and yo get a reaction like the one from the sub-human animals, your mission if over. You can't civilize animal.

2. They should have. POS had no problem killing our troops. Should have hung the little bastard.

nijinski
02-22-2012, 11:38 PM
When you are a conducting a military occupation it is wise, especially if you are trying to transition the government to a democracy, not to thoroughly piss of the people of the country by burning their religious symbols...

Just sayin'...

Historical Example: Hirohito wasn't executed.
I think we all understand this , however we can say what we please , we still have that freedom .
For myself , I still have a hard time with the teachings or interpretations of the Koran . I still visualize innocent people leaping from windows . Beheading's and soldier's bodies being dragged through streets , all in the name of...
We speak our minds and give opinions here . We shouldn't have to walk on eggshells when we do.

elysiantraveller
02-22-2012, 11:49 PM
I think we all understand this , however we can say what we please , we still have that freedom .
For myself , I still have a hard time with the teachings or interpretations of the Koran . I still visualize innocent people leaping from windows . Beheading's and soldier's bodies being dragged through streets , all in the name of...
We speak our minds and give opinions here . We shouldn't have to walk on eggshells when we do.

No one is denying free speech. But don't opinions out there if you don't want to be challenged on them.

Moving on... there is already too much hate in this thread for me... :)

newtothegame
02-23-2012, 02:40 AM
This is EXACTLY what happens when you allow civilians to not only run the military but dictate the when, how, why, where, and what!
I understand Whip's feelings here. I can see the point of view.
But, there is an opposing point which is being overlooked (by whip)...
This general, is doing what he is told to do by the chain of command. The civilians overseeing this government are not trying to have an uproar. My problem is WHAT F*^&%&^$ UPROAR? If anyone here thinks that somehow the taliban, al queda or whoever is gonna be a little nicer and fire less on us if we treat there Koran better, you are just fooling yourself.
Do you not understand that THIS IS EXACTLY how they want you to respond.
They (being the taliban etc etc) know that the U.S has shown no stomach for long drawn out wars. They know to put kids in the line of fire. They know to hide in mosque's. They know we have "rules" to abide by. And don't think for one single damn minute that they are not using those very same rules in their favor.
Wasn't it general McCrystal who was forced out for something similiar?
This general is already doing everything he can to protect the men and women who serve under him. If he has to do this to provide them protection, then he hasnt done his damn job to start. His words will not provide anymore protection to those courageous men and women.
Did we burn a Koran when several Americans were decapitated and hung from a bridge with their bodies burned beyond recognition?
How many Korans were burned when each of the captured journalist were decapitated?
I wonder how many of our men and women captured received proper burials like OBL?
I wonder how many of their fighters were reprimanded for ill treatment of our men and women?
Our men get reprimands and who knows what else for pissing on dead corpses!
our men and women get reprimanded for making a prisoner wear panties on their heads.....yeah war is tough! If only our men and women were so damn lucky!
War is war and should not now or ever be "politically correct". Maybe if we actually ran wars without attempting to be so damn politically correct, they wouldnt last ten years causing more and more deaths to our beloved men and women.
Hey whip....ever think that this war could of been over years ago (and your loved ones home) if we werent trying to be so politically correct?

HUSKER55
02-23-2012, 02:58 AM
AMEN TO THAT!

Tom
02-23-2012, 09:24 AM
No nation building.
Where did I hear that.

cj's dad
02-23-2012, 09:37 AM
I get it.1- You are a bitter, angry old man with 2-no skin in the game and an outrage meter pegged to full tilt from dawn on. You look at this from some kind of jingoistic place where anything that slights your world view deserves maximum anger. I've seen your posts and 3-I wonder how you make it through the day. Somehow, you've turned this into an Obama or Hillary issue, when the reality is the man is trying to do his job, keep his people safe and get home. 4-You stepped over the line, and you are not man enough to admit it.
I don't like it any more than anyone else that 5-he had to apologize for this. Frankly, I give two craps about the Koran. But you don't, and I mean this, disrespect a man for eating a crap sandwich to 5-.

1- Actually I'm quite content with my life - how 'bout you ?

2- Once again you couldn't be farther off base

3- Laughing at folks like you

4- Opinions are like a---oles, everybody has one, even you.

5- No, he did not

Tom
02-23-2012, 10:41 AM
2/23/1945 - Our Flag was raised over Iwo Jima, where we lost thousands of young lives on a mission to stop tyranny and evil in the Pacific. That flag is being burned by worthless animals in Afghanistan today, as the same group is losing lives today to stop tyranny and evil in their homeland.

This is how the thank us?
Warm up the Anola Gay.

mostpost
02-23-2012, 01:31 PM
with 2-no skin in the game
2- Once again you couldn't be farther off base

If memory serves CJs Dad's son CJ was career military before retiring a a year or two back. A Major at the end??? I have no idea where he served but I'm sure in a twenty year career he saw some danger. Maybe CJs Dad has no skin in the game at present, but he certainly did in the past.

But all of this does not make his and some other posts here wise ones. We are fighting the Taliban and to a lesser extent Al Qaeda in Afghanistan. Supposedly we are fighting with the Aghanistani people. What does it benefit us to disrespect those people and their religion? How does it benefit us to call them animals as Tom did.

Tom wants them to respect our flag, but is not willing to respect the symbols of their religion. That is arrogance and jingoism of the highest order.

Instead of constantly trying to one up one another in acts of disrespect, we should be seeking ways to respect one another. The Hatfields and McCoys feuded for decades. The only result; a lot less Hatfields and McCoys. Instead of acting like ignorant hillbillies we should act like mature adults. That is what General Allen is doing.

Apologies to ignorant hillbillies on this forum. :(

Tom
02-23-2012, 01:55 PM
How does it benefit us to call them animals as Tom did.

Tom wants them to respect our flag, but is not willing to respect the symbols of their religion. That is arrogance and jingoism of the highest order.

Well, you started off right about CJD and CJ.
Then you went in the crapper.

How does it benefit us?
How does the truth benefit anyone?
They are animals. Sorry if you find that offensive, but they are not civilized. And we should not be pretending they are. This is not the first time muslims have rioted and caused deaths by over-reacting. This was not a deliberate act by our military, but people are dead, our flag was burned and the violence continues. The flag was set on fire ON FRIGGIN PURPOSE.

Arrogance is this bunch of uncivilized animals walking around free of the Taliban thanks to no one but us, and done under that very flag. They should be on their worthless knees kissing the ground our troops walk on and bowing to the flag 5 times a day.

I understand they are pissed off because some of their korans, which were being used to pass probably illegal messages, as terrorists are wont to do, but a civilized response is not only expected, but demanded.

Here's the thing. We accidentally burned some holy trash ( in case you missed it, that was arrogance - guilty!) They got pissed off.

What could we be pissed off about?

How about it was their pathetically worthless nation that enabled the 9/11 plot to develop and be carried out.

How about all the lives and money we had to lose to drive the Taliban and Al Qeda out because they were either too weak and worthless to do it, or are terrorist supporter and didn't want to drive them out?

How about in spite of our best efforts and great sacrifices, they are still nothing but rats infesting the country, with no redeeming value to the world, and an ongoing drain on those who have tried to help them.

I guess the towers coming down, the Pentagon, the military deaths, the billions of dollars wasted, the flag desecration......all that pales in comparison to a mistake. Perhaps you think we should fly AF1 into the Sears Tower as our way of apologizing?

Robert Goren
02-23-2012, 02:43 PM
There is nothing to be gained by staying there. Only bad things can happen to boys serving there. The people there are never going to accept the US being there. Things like this are going happen from time to time and when they do, the locals are going to have a fit. That isn't going to change no matter much money we give Karzai. It is long past the time to get out of there.

JustRalph
02-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Now they have killed two soldiers over this. And Barack is still apologizing. Inanimate objects were burned on accident and they believe that is worthy of riots and killing of our Soldiers.

That's what you get when you tip toe into a war zone

riskman
02-23-2012, 04:14 PM
Now we have our own CIC who is apologizing as usual for America to a country that basically has no use for us except for military aid and troop support we give and to prop up a corrupt government that distributes poppy like it was chocolate all over the world.

From the NY Times:
“Americans are invaders, and jihad against Americans is an obligation,” said Abdul Sattar Khawasi, a member of Parliament from the Ghorband District in Parwan Province, where at least four demonstrators were killed in confrontations with the police on Wednesday.

Standing with about 20 other members of Parliament, Mr. Khawasi called on mullahs and religious leaders “to urge the people from the pulpit to wage jihad against Americans.”

The Taliban also called on people to take up arms against the foreign troops here and the Afghan security forces.

In a message to the media and posted on Taliban Web sites, the insurgent group gave specific instructions including to “attack the occupiers’ military bases, their military convoys and other occupying soldiers.”

The goal, according to the Taliban statement was to attack American installations and property but not Afghans’ “public property.”

The message also urged attacks on those “who still close their eyes to this unforgivable act of the infidels” and those who defend American property, an allusion to the Afghan security forces."

Why are we still there? Sick and tired of apologies, war, death and destruction. Either win the conflict with honor [and we have the military might but the politicians have their own agenda]
Defund the entire operations, close the military bases and embassies and let the Taliban and others do what they always have, kill, destroy and destruct and intimidate and throw in corruption, that's their way--and accept it.

boxcar
02-23-2012, 04:22 PM
Why are we still there? Sick and tired of apologies, war, death and destruction. Either win the conflict with honor [and we have the military might but the politicians have their own agenda]
Defund the entire operations, close the military bases and embassies and let the Taliban and others do what they always have, kill, destroy and destruct and intimidate and throw in corruption, that's their way--and accept it.

And...with an luck, they'll devour each other, which Arabs and Muslims seem to excel at doing.

Boxcar

Greyfox
02-23-2012, 05:01 PM
If there is a lesson to be learned in the last decade of war,

"NATION BUILDING" IN OTHER COUNTRIES IS A WASTE OF TIME, MONEY, AND LIVES.

HUSKER55
02-23-2012, 05:07 PM
Just curious guys and gals. Do we have anybody in our national government that fought in a war, killed an enemy and knows how to win?

bigmack
02-23-2012, 05:43 PM

Instead of constantly trying to one up one another in acts of disrespect, we should be seeking ways to respect one another.

Instead of acting like ignorant hillbillies we should act like mature adults. That is what General Allen is doing.
Look at the big scoop of chastisement from you. High horse you ridin' today.

Then you are aware that it was done inadvertently. And you do know that they were discarded because the prisoners were passing messages in those holy books. And you do know that after this apology and explaining to them it was done without malice they STILL are hell bent on KILLING over this?

Dense fu***ng jugheads. Pull the plug on the whole deal and let those goofs return to life in 18AD.

Funny, those idiots not getting that it was a mistake is about as dense as you being purposefully obtuse about getting simple facts right that are presented to you.
--------------------

Note to self: Have a couple hundred thousand bumper stickers printed and sent to dumb shits who don't get it in Afghanistan.

Shit Happens (In Pashto)

johnhannibalsmith
02-23-2012, 06:03 PM
Dense fu***ng jugheads. Pull the plug on the whole deal and let those goofs return to life in 18AD.

This here is why I have a hard time with any reaction. There is no 'appropriate' reaction. I understand that the military officials aren't trying to be sensitive, they are being strategic.

But, reference the M.A.N.I.A.C. theory - there is no acceptable action, reaction, strategy, or statement from us that is going to yield whatever it is that we hope for when we start to deal with this group of people as though they are looking at life through the same set of spectacles that we are.

cj's dad
02-23-2012, 08:48 PM
This here is why I have a hard time with any reaction. There is no 'appropriate' reaction. I understand that the military officials aren't trying to be sensitive, they are being strategic.

But, reference the M.A.N.I.A.C. theory - there is no acceptable action, reaction, strategy, or statement from us that is going to yield whatever it is that we hope for when we start to deal with this group of people as though they are looking at life through the same set of spectacles that we are.

This was the exact point of my OP. These people are not the same as us. They are, at best, barbarians, To treat them the same as we would treat others is simply idealistic at best. To apologize is fruitless.

HUSKER55
02-23-2012, 09:08 PM
If they don't show us respect then I ain't gonna show them any.

Burning that koran is correct as they are when they burn our flag. If anyone thinks otherwise, then go over to afghanistan and fight for a year and let me know how the PC worked out for you.

whiptastic
02-23-2012, 09:22 PM
This was the exact point of my OP. These people are not the same as us. They are, at best, barbarians, To treat them the same as we would treat others is simply idealistic at best. To apologize is fruitless.

If that was the point of your original post, the I was a bit mistaken and will state mia culpa. However, your insult to Gen. Allen I still say was over the top and wrong. The reason for aplogizing was tactical in the sense he was trying to keep a lid on the situation to keep his people safe. I may have reacted too strongly, but it comes from an honest place and I hope you understand that. It wasn't easy getting that phone call and hearing first hand what was going on.

Greyfox
02-23-2012, 09:38 PM
If that was the point of your original post, the I was a bit mistaken and will state mia culpa. However, your insult to Gen. Allen I still say was over the top and wrong. The reason for aplogizing was tactical in the sense he was trying to keep a lid on the situation to keep his people safe. I may have reacted too strongly, but it comes from an honest place and I hope you understand that. It wasn't easy getting that phone call and hearing first hand what was going on.

You are right.
Strategically, the General was smart to issue an apology.
The President of the United States had no need to add another apology.

Tom
02-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Now they have killed two soldiers over this. And Barack is still apologizing. Inanimate objects were burned on accident and they believe that is worthy of riots and killing of our Soldiers.

That is what you get when you have a POS president who NEVER stands up for America.

FUBO, you stinking bastard!
Whatever it takes, whoever it takes, get this disgrace out of the WH.

Tom
02-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Death toll up to 7 now.
The religion of peace in action.

Some of those doing the rioting and killing are the future police force of Bedrock. What a joke.

There is NO point to us being there.
There is not upside to Afghanistan.

Pull out immediately, stop ALL money going there.
Execute ALL prisoners we have.

Hey mostie, how does this dis-respect of the Koran stack up to our burning copies being used by terrorists for illegal communications? Should we now apologize that we forced them to dis-respect and disgrace islam?

Greyfox
02-24-2012, 11:08 AM
Death toll up to 7 now.
The religion of peace in action.

Do you think that President Karzai of Afghanistan will be apologizing to Americans for these deaths, as Prez Obama has to them for burning books?

That's some religion that sees books as being more important than human lives. :rolleyes:

Tom
02-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Of course not.
But what is worse, many alleged Americans do not expect one is owed us.
We have some pretty low-class people living here.
If the sandle fits, wear it.

Tom
02-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Alluha Akbar!
Over 20 dead now!

The apology from President Hussein did not appease the teeming masses.
How can that be? I thought he was a community organizer?

Maybe he will have to sing the Blues to them....yeah, that's it.

(Sing, dummy, sing)
"Swing low, sweet US drone,
coming for to blow me away!
Swing low, sweet US drone,
send me ass to judge-ment day.

HUSKER55
02-24-2012, 04:17 PM
nice one tom!:D

JustRalph
02-24-2012, 04:56 PM
I saw this General on Tv today. He was speaking to the Troops. He was giving some kind of pep talk etc.

I am glad I am not under this guy. I don't think I would have been inspired.

He seems like he is going through the motions.

Sad State of Affairs.

cj's dad
02-24-2012, 08:25 PM
I saw this General on Tv today. He was speaking to the Troops. He was giving some kind of pep talk etc.

I am glad I am not under this guy. I don't think I would have been inspired.

He seems like he is going through the motions.

Sad State of Affairs.

Because, I think, he has had his balls cut off !!

BlueShoe
02-29-2012, 11:47 AM
Posted below is an apology to the Afghans that many of us will highly approve of. I do not know who Kira Davis of Denver is, but she gets a hearty tip of the cap from this old vet. First heard this on a LA area talk radio show, Larry Elder, not the internet. Since my sound is not working and have never posted a Utube link, hope it works and that it can be heard. The rumor is that this clip has almost gone viral, with a huge number of hits.
www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=ZYEctbGSkkw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=ZYEctbGSkkw)

HUSKER55
02-29-2012, 11:55 AM
THANKS FOR THAT POST! THAT GIRL IS SPOT ON!:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Greyfox
02-29-2012, 02:15 PM
That Gal hit a home run. Hopefully, she'll run for office some day.
By the way President Obama's apology was 3 pages long. Unbelievable but true.

witchdoctor
02-29-2012, 06:22 PM

One of those soldiers was the son-in-law of my senior partner.

JustRalph
02-29-2012, 06:39 PM
One of those soldiers was the son-in-law of my senior partner.

One was from here in Md too. Condolences to your colleague

In reading how it happen, it was a sad state of affairs.

Tom
03-01-2012, 08:43 AM
More killings our our people by the resident animals.
Should we apologize again?

Dear Harvey Carside,

We are so sorry our boys keep getting in the way of your bullets.
Keep up the good work,

Your bud,
Barry O

Robert Goren
03-01-2012, 09:34 AM
We need to get out now. The Afghans hate our guts. Nothing anybody says or doesn't will change that. No amount of money spent there will change that. It is a completely wasted effort. Some times Americans have to realized that we can't change something no matter how noble our intentions may be. If we stay there only two things going to happen. Our money spent there will be wasted and more American soldiers will end up dead and/or wounded.
Does anybody really believe if Obama hadn't apologize anything would have changed over there? They are not rioting because he apologized. They are rioting because they hate us and some fool burned the the Koran and set them off. But lets face it ,if it hadn't been the Koran burning, it had been something else. They are looking for any excuse to kill Americans. That is not going to change anytime soon. Not in 5 years, not in 20, not in 50!

cj's dad
03-01-2012, 10:26 AM
The Russians learned the hard way and now it's our turn.

cj
03-01-2012, 07:52 PM
We need to get out now. The Afghans hate our guts. Nothing anybody says or doesn't will change that. No amount of money spent there will change that. It is a completely wasted effort. Some times Americans have to realized that we can't change something no matter how noble our intentions may be. If we stay there only two things going to happen. Our money spent there will be wasted and more American soldiers will end up dead and/or wounded.
Does anybody really believe if Obama hadn't apologize anything would have changed over there? They are not rioting because he apologized. They are rioting because they hate us and some fool burned the the Koran and set them off. But lets face it ,if it hadn't been the Koran burning, it had been something else. They are looking for any excuse to kill Americans. That is not going to change anytime soon. Not in 5 years, not in 20, not in 50!
Having spent a decent amount of time there all over the country, I can safely say the vast majority do not hate us at all.

PaceAdvantage
03-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Having spent a decent amount of time there all over the country, I can safely say the vast majority do not hate us at all.Excellent to have someone with actual knowledge post on the subject...