PDA

View Full Version : Those darn occupy guys......man murdered

JustRalph
02-21-2012, 04:42 AM
When you have to babysit idiots......... bad things happen. This guy died....

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=%2Fc%2Fa%2F2012%2F02%2F19%2FBAFU1N9T 8J.DTL

Police said Daniel Dewitt attacked the victim at about 8:45 p.m., after he and his wife returned home to find Dewitt near their garage. The victim told Dewitt to leave, went inside, then came out again and was attacked, said Berkeley police Sgt. Mary Kusmiss.

The victim had called police on a nonemergency line after first seeing Dewitt, according to sources familiar with the case. But police were busy monitoring an Occupy Oakland march to UC Berkeley, and officers were dispatched only to high-priority calls.

An officer who noticed the call about Dewitt on his computer told a dispatcher he would respond, but was told not to go, sources said.

Minutes later, the victim's wife heard her husband yelling for help and called 911 after seeing the suspect dragging him into bushes and hitting him with a potted plant, sources said.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/02/19/BAFU1N9T8J.DTL#ixzz1n0Y1scMY

boxcar
02-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Murderers, Rapists, Liars, Defecaters and Deadbeats. These are the next heroes to the Revolution who is going to shake America? I think I'll just hang out with the Tea Party. In fact, even the "greedy" 1% aren't looking too bad right now. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Robert Goren
02-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Murderers, Rapists, Liars, Defecaters and Deadbeats. These are the next heroes to the Revolution who is going to shake America? I think I'll just hang out with the Tea Party. In fact, even the "greedy" 1% aren't looking too bad right now. :rolleyes:

Boxcar How much is spent by law enforcement on going after wall street crooks like Bernie Madoff? There seems to be another one indicted every few days.

Tom
02-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Then they are doing a good job, right?

cj's dad
02-21-2012, 11:46 AM
How much is spent by law enforcement on going after wall street crooks like Bernie Madoff? There seems to be another one indicted every few days.

Good thing you don't work for the railroad. There would be trains diverted to the wrong track every day.

boxcar
02-21-2012, 12:20 PM
How much is spent by law enforcement on going after wall street crooks like Bernie Madoff? There seems to be another one indicted every few days.

I'll choose to hang with the white collar, greedy, rich thieves every time over the occupiers because the former are only after my money and I know how to hang on to that, plus I can smell a scam a mile away. But too many of the occupiers are disgusting, classless, low-life pigs. But when the greedy thieves bore me, I can always hang with the Tea Party who share none of the bad traits of either of the other two groups. ;)

Meanwhile, enjoy your 99%. You can have 'em!

Boxcar

Tom
02-21-2012, 12:37 PM
So the repubs have the top 1% and the dems have the lowest 1%?

Light
02-21-2012, 12:45 PM
When you have to babysit idiots......... bad things happen. This guy died....

The victim had called police on a nonemergency line after first seeing Dewitt, according to sources familiar with the case. But police were busy monitoring an Occupy Oakland march to UC Berkeley, and officers were dispatched only to high-priority calls.

This isn't the fault of the occupy movement. The dead guy is a victim of

A) The city's resources for police protection has been cut. Berkeley used to have 200 cops. Now they have 161.

B) Police do not usually respond to non emergency calls immediately. When you have staff cuts its especially true.

C) This is not the first case in America where police have not responded to what turned out to be a homicide.

Tom
02-21-2012, 02:45 PM
A) The city's resources for police protection has been cut. Berkeley used to have 200 cops. Now they have 161.

They didn't used to have be pig ranchers, either.

JustRalph
02-21-2012, 07:10 PM

This isn't the fault of the occupy movement. The dead guy is a victim of

B) Police do not usually respond to non emergency calls immediately. When you have staff cuts its especially true.

C) This is not the first case in America where police have not responded to what turned out to be a homicide.

Being short of cops makes the occupy movements actions more egregious

Btw, the occupy guys are supported by union workers. You know, the same unions that bilked the NorCal municipalities out of 95% pensions.........that resulted in layoffs. It's the liberal circle of life........

JustRalph
02-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Good thing you don't work for the railroad. There would be trains diverted to the wrong track every day.

Perfect analogy

boxcar
02-23-2012, 11:56 AM
This story is related to this thread since some occupier threatens to murder Americans with his "Second Amendment-sanctioned guns". These occupiers are such great people -- truly virtuous, upright productive citizens. :rolleyes:

Occupy Supporter Threatens to ‘Storm’ Wall St. and Capitals With Guns in USA Today…Is This Him?

He then boils over:

USA TODAY’s editorial is right to say that Occupy might lack clear goals on how to move forward, but the movement has accomplished its main original goal: to protest these injustices, not by simply holding a rally and going home, but by keeping the rally going to underscore the seriousness of this problem. Your piece accuses the protesters of sitting around and doing nothing. So maybe they should take up their Second Amendment-sanctioned guns and storm Wall Street and our nation’s capitals. If our country doesn’t change, it could very well come to that one day. [Emphasis added]

This is another story the MM is ignoring. I guess they conveniently didn't find this God-hating guy "credible". Credible threats only come from Tea Party folks.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/occupy-supporter-threatens-to-storm-wall-st-and-capitals-with-guns-in-usa-today-is-this-him/

Boxcar
P.S. I guess the Right are not only ones clinging to their guns. Obama might have to change his rhetoric.

Robert Goren
02-23-2012, 12:02 PM
Would you be as upset if the police were being diverted to handle a Right to Life march instead of the occupy march?

boxcar
02-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Would you be as upset if the police were being diverted to handle a Right to Life march instead of the occupy march?

For starters, probably wouldn't need nearly as many police for the Life march. (The lifers are even potty trained.) Also, the Life march is a noble cause, which cannot be said for the brainless occupiers.

Boxcar

Tom
02-23-2012, 12:45 PM

Apples and oranges.
A right to life "MARCH" is hardly the same thing as the OCCUPY forever crap.
IF there were trouble at a right to life march, it wold undoubtedly come from the outside liberal agitators who have a problem with decent people using their first amendment rights.

Robert Goren
02-23-2012, 02:23 PM
For starters, probably wouldn't need nearly as many police for the Life march. (The lifers are even potty trained.) Also, the Life march is a noble cause, which cannot be said for the brainless occupiers.

BoxcarI haven't seen an occupy march, so I do not know how many cops are need for one. I have seen several right to life marches. Here in Lincoln they have at least 2 cops on every street corner along the route . I am assuming because the Right to life marches have so many children in them and they don't want something to happen to a child like an auto accident. Marches by anybody tax the resources of the police.
I do not agree that the "Life" marches are a noble cause, but that's a discussion for another thread. The one thing both marches have in common is that the only thing they accomplish is making the marchers feel good about themselves.

woodtoo
02-23-2012, 03:05 PM
I haven't seen an occupy march, so I do not know how many cops are need for one. I have seen several right to life marches. Here in Lincoln they have at least 2 cops on every street corner along the route . I am assuming because the Right to life marches have so many children in them and they don't want something to happen to a child like an auto accident. Marches by anybody tax the resources of the police.
I do not agree that the "Life" marches are a noble cause, but that's a discussion for another thread. The one thing both marches have in common is that the only thing they accomplish is making the marchers feel good about themselves.

You must have missed the occupy Oakland marches when they marched right
into Gov. buildings,ransacking and harassing everyone in sight......
after about 24 hours and 100's of police.They were,OMG arrested.
Amazingly there were no other calls:rolleyes:

boxcar
02-23-2012, 03:16 PM
I haven't seen an occupy march, so I do not know how many cops are need for one. I have seen several right to life marches. Here in Lincoln they have at least 2 cops on every street corner along the route . I am assuming because the Right to life marches have so many children in them and they don't want something to happen to a child like an auto accident. Marches by anybody tax the resources of the police.

And what they don't have in common is that one is a very temporary march and the other is an occupation. Big difference.

Boxcar

Tom
02-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Kind of like getting invaded by France or Germany. Ask Belgium.

Robert Goren
02-23-2012, 03:25 PM
Don't get too "holy" about the "life" marchers. Some of the ones here in Lincoln have had some real pieces of work leading them over the years. They ain't all Saints.

bigmack
02-23-2012, 03:29 PM
Don't get too "holy" about the "life" marchers. Some of the ones here in Lincoln have had some real pieces of work leading them over the years. They ain't all Saints.
Tough to defend hooligans so Goren is going with his shell game distraction.

Now it can be an all out rumble debating who's 'less Saintly." Occupiers or Pro-Lifers. :sleeping:

Light
02-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Consider this. The psychotic killer told his victim "he was a psychic and he was told to go through the gate to find Zoey," whom he described as his fiancee. Zoey does not exist.The victim told the killer to get off his property.

Not the smartest thing to say when you are dealing with an obviously unstable person in the middle of the night in a secluded area. The guy thinks his imaginary lover is on your property and you're telling him to take a hike. A better answer would have been, I haven't seen anyone named Zoey here.

Maybe instead of blaming the occupy movement,we should blame the redneck mentality in this country who thinks its my way or the highway regardless of who they are dealing with.

BTW, cops were never dispatched to the occupy movement that night and were not needed because it was peaceful. They were all on standby. Maybe we should blame a paranoid right wing mentality that is afraid of freedom of speech and the right to assemble.

woodtoo
02-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Agree,too much blame going on here.Lets leave it to the judge.

johnhannibalsmith
02-23-2012, 08:18 PM
Consider this. The psychotic killer told his victim "he was a psychic and he was told to go through the gate to find Zoey," whom he described as his fiancee. Zoey does not exist.The victim told the killer to get off his property.

Not the smartest thing to say when you are dealing with an obviously unstable person in the middle of the night in a secluded area. The guy thinks his imaginary lover is on your property and you're telling him to take a hike. A better answer would have been, I haven't seen anyone named Zoey here.

Maybe instead of blaming the occupy movement,we should blame the redneck mentality in this country who thinks its my way or the highway regardless of who they are dealing with.

Man, I can understand thinking it is misguided to blame Occupy for the death. But, when that same person suggests that the victim himself (by way of American redneck mentality) was responsible for not being more cordial to a lunatic, well........................

Is there some country that rears a society of people that know explicitly the right thing to say to a murderer to avoid murder?

"I haven't seen Zoey, Sir."

"Okay then good day to you my fine fellow citizen."

:lol:

Light
02-23-2012, 09:01 PM
I say that because I had a similar experience a year or two ago and I am still alive and am not the brightest bulb either.

I had a guy looking all disheveled in front of my house for around 2 hours. My knee jerk reaction was to tell him to go away. But something told me to approach him cautiously and not act threatening. I asked him if he needed some help and he said he was waiting for a guy who promised him a job. He was supposed to meet him at my address. I told him that this is just a residence and I knew nothing about it. At the same time I could see he was not all there. An hour later he left and I haven't seen him since.

So why get his face? He wasn't destroying my property,he was just sitting there.I would have called the cops if he stayed a really long time,but its sort of lets see what happens before I get all belligerent with the guy. In other countries, people have an even more lenient attitude by inviting strangers into their homes and maybe giving them something to eat. Not in America. We are threatened by anyone and everything that deviates from our concept of "normal".

One time in my twenties, me and my girlfriend were on the road in New Mexico when we decided to stop in a wooded field at night to sleep. I hadn't turned my head lights off for more than a minute before I heard the click of a rifle pointed at my temple. It was so dark I couldn't see nothing. All I heard was a voice saying "You got till the count of three to get off my property". I had no idea I was trespassing and I did not hesitate to fire up my engine and haul ass. What if I was a lowlife with a gun next to me? He would have been dead because he made me fear for my life. But this is the Redneck American way. Shoot first, ask questions later.

johnhannibalsmith
02-23-2012, 09:14 PM
I say that because I had a similar experience a year or two ago and I am still alive and am not the brightest bulb either.

It's not that I don't believe that a situation can be avoided by playing a hand differently. That part is obvious. But there's no way to presume that the outcome would have been different and it's flat silly to tie American values in discourse to the outcome. If you want to talk human nature leading to this, I'll see your point a little clearer, but I'm not sold on the notion that other nationalities are better equipped to handle the situation simply because they weren't raised in our society. We're a pretty diverse group. Some will act one way, some will act another. It isn't tied specifically to our flag.