PDA

View Full Version : President's Day cards

Valuist
02-20-2012, 11:30 AM
The good: a number of stakes races, including Oaklawn getting enough entries to split the Southwest. Very nice.

The bad: Very uninspiring Gulfstream card. The field sizes aren't bad but just a big blah. With all the stakes they shove into their big days, you'd think they could've taken one of those and put it here. I don't anticipate betting much of that card. Fair Grounds and Tampa......where are you?? I know you don't normally race on Mondays, but neither do the tracks that ARE running today.

aharon5741
02-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Have to stick with Gulfstream as usual - though I agree it could have used a stake to spice things up a bit. Truth be told I don't know who gets off work for President's day anymore. I used to work for the gov't and we didn't even get that day off.

Valuist
02-20-2012, 12:27 PM
I know the banks are all off. I'm taking a half day, to take advantage of the holiday cards, but having second thoughts on that.

David-LV
02-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Aqueduct card is not that good today also.

_________
David-LV

Cardus
02-20-2012, 12:31 PM

_________
David-LV

Now this thread is complete.

lamboguy
02-20-2012, 12:34 PM

_________
David-LV
i think its a great card so far, but its now how you start, its how you finish that particular card today

Valuist
02-20-2012, 12:36 PM

_________
David-LV

But the inner dirt in February. Expectations are low. At least they carded a stake. They are trying.

andtheyreoff
02-20-2012, 12:36 PM

_________
David-LV

The trifecta has been completed- a complaint about Aqueduct's Saturday, Sunday, and Monday cards.

Robert Goren
02-20-2012, 12:47 PM
The Fairgrounds runs tomorrow. It is a Fat Tuesday tradition for them.

Al Gobbi
02-20-2012, 12:47 PM
The trifecta has been completed- a complaint about Aqueduct's Saturday, Sunday, and Monday cards.

At least today's card is better than the other cards this weekend.

Cardus
02-20-2012, 02:54 PM

Outstanding!

PhantomOnTour
02-20-2012, 03:13 PM
The good: a number of stakes races, including Oaklawn getting enough entries to split the Southwest. Very nice.

The bad: Very uninspiring Gulfstream card. The field sizes aren't bad but just a big blah. With all the stakes they shove into their big days, you'd think they could've taken one of those and put it here. I don't anticipate betting much of that card. Fair Grounds and Tampa......where are you?? I know you don't normally race on Mondays, but neither do the tracks that ARE running today.
And the ugly is...???

mannyberrios
02-20-2012, 03:35 PM
[QUOTE=PhantomOnTour]And the ugly is...???[/QUOTE Philadelphia Park, Beuah park

duncan04
02-20-2012, 04:28 PM
[QUOTE=PhantomOnTour]And the ugly is...???[/QUOTE Philadelphia Park, Beuah park

So basically any of the tracks usually running on a Monday. :D

Cholly
02-20-2012, 06:44 PM

Here's the superfecta: Thursday's card is really, really lame.