PDA

View Full Version : Haya's Boy

Cholly
02-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Sometimes it works out…congrats to PA poster Ernie Dahlman. With a partner he claimed this one for $7,500 on Jan. 2nd, got his purchase price (+$2,500) back for a 3rd on January 28th, and just banked $30,000 in a 5-length victory today.

Mr. Dahlman, you’re making it look easy!

Shelby
02-19-2012, 04:12 PM
Oh how exciting!!! Someone we "know"! :) I just watched that race. Congratulations to Haya's Boy and Mr. Dahlman!

Ernie Dahlman
02-19-2012, 07:16 PM
Oh how exciting!!! Someone we "know"! :) I just watched that race. Congratulations to Haya's Boy and Mr. Dahlman!

Thanks Cholly and Shelby. I appreciate your support.

Cholly
04-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Since this was originally posted, Mr. Dahlmann's Haya's Boy proceeded to zip right through the 2nd level of state-bred allowance conditions ($32,400 purse), and today ran a gutsy 2nd place today in an open company N1X at Aqueduct (another $12,400). For those keeping score, that's $86,800 of purse money in four starts since being claimed for $7.5K on the 2nd day of the year.

And you never know--there's an outside chance Mr. Dahlmann made a bet on Haya's Boy in one of these races.

Broad Brush
04-14-2012, 09:52 PM
I am a fan of this horse. Last year he was a sucker horse. He did not try
at all and would always drift out thru the stretch and was fine with
finishing 2nd or 3rd. He has really turned himself around and now tries very hard.
A few starts back he had a tough trip and still refused to give up down the stretch and finished a good third. You made a great claim. Just spot him well
and not over his head as he deserves better than that because he runs his
heart out everytime.

Ernie Dahlman
04-15-2012, 04:31 AM
Sometimes it works out!

It was nice to hear Maggie Wolfendale say that "Haya's Boy looks phenominal" before the race. The credit for his performance belongs to Jeremiah and his crew.

Shelby
04-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Dang, I missed the race. I need to put him in my stable so I get an alert.

Grits
04-15-2012, 11:27 AM
Dang, I missed the race. I need to put him in my stable so I get an alert.

Not only the horse, put his trainer, Jeramiah Englehardt, there.

EDIT to add: Continued good health and good racing luck to this one, Mr.Dahlman.