PDA

View Full Version : San Vicente S.. G II - Past Performances

Blenheim
02-17-2012, 06:17 AM
Should be a good one and a fine day at SA!

Go to Baffert> San Vincente: http://horseracing.about.com/od/racedayinfo/a/aafree-pps.htm

Nothin' like the Derby Trail . . . gettin' better all the time.

Blenheim
02-19-2012, 11:18 AM
Think I'll revise my first post as this being a good one and a fine day at SA. Might be a fine day at SA, but the card is not particularly appealing. Is this the best they could do for a G2? Is this all there is? Is this the best they've got? Is this not the Derby Trail and should this one not be more than just work for the :2: horse? Gotta be somethin' more, gotta be more than this . . .
~
As it goes, it'll interesting to see what strategy the connections of the :2: will employ considering the early speed. The :4: shows some pretty fast fractions and demonstrates late drive and determination and the :5: padded the lead after running four furlongs in 44 - both show a couple of strong works, dead fit with fresh legs. It'll be interesting to see how far the speed carries. Tough to bet against the class and tough to bet with him. Lookin' forward to seein' where the :2: horse is sittin' come the six furlong marker.

:2::4::5:

Nothin' like the Derby Trail.

GaryG
02-19-2012, 12:08 PM
If Creative Cause comes up short, and I doubt that he will, Captain Obvious could pull the upset if he takes to the dirt. The odds may make him a worthwhile gamble.

toussaud
02-19-2012, 01:10 PM
today is the big day. I really have high hopes for creative cause.

PhantomOnTour
02-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Four horse field

toussaud
02-19-2012, 06:42 PM
WTF was that rosario? since when did he become a late closer?

Dahoss9698
02-19-2012, 06:50 PM
WTF was that rosario? since when did he become a late closer?

In his 2nd and 3rd starts (both sprints) he came from a few lengths off the lead.

Wasn't the best of rides, but think of it this way, his non effort today will save you money in the future. He isn't much.

KirisClown
02-19-2012, 06:57 PM
FdonIzB_Dy4

toussaud
02-19-2012, 06:59 PM
i disagree. first, drill always has had his number going 1 turn. drill is more of a 1 turn horse than CC is.

secondly, this is a classic tighter.

I will bet you that CC ends up further along on hte TC trail than any horse in this race. he lost the battle but this wasn't a battle that he had to win to win the war. he's not a sprinter and harrington is too old school to crank him up to win race this early on the trail when he's already a grade 1 winner.

I thought Joel had him too far back. He comes off the front but never just last. this was pretty much a carbon copy of the Del Mar Futurity and I got 5/2 on CC in the Norfolk off that and he ran away and hid from Drill

camourous
02-19-2012, 07:01 PM
In his 2nd and 3rd starts (both sprints) he came from a few lengths off the lead.

Wasn't the best of rides, but think of it this way, his non effort today will save you money in the future. He isn't much.

:ThmbUp:

toussaud
02-19-2012, 07:02 PM
:ThmbUp:
:ThmbDown:

Dahoss9698
02-19-2012, 07:09 PM
i disagree. first, drill always has had his number going 1 turn. drill is more of a 1 turn horse than CC is.

secondly, this is a classic tighter.

I will bet you that CC ends up further along on hte TC trail than any horse in this race. he lost the battle but this wasn't a battle that he had to win to win the war. he's not a sprinter and harrington is too old school to crank him up to win race this early on the trail when he's already a grade 1 winner.

I thought Joel had him too far back. He comes off the front but never just last. this was pretty much a carbon copy of the Del Mar Futurity and I got 5/2 on CC in the Norfolk off that and he ran away and hid from Drill

You went from today being the big day to today not meaning much. Funny.

He was last because it was a 4 horse field. You're making it seem like he was a dozen off the pace. He was like 3 lengths off the lead.

Of course if anyone moves forward off of this it'll be him. And if the same horses lined up a month from now going two turns I would like him. But I'm sticking with the opinion he like the rest of this field isn't much. We'll see.

Indulto
02-19-2012, 09:11 PM
You went from today being the big day to today not meaning much. Funny.

He was last because it was a 4 horse field. You're making it seem like he was a dozen off the pace. He was like 3 lengths off the lead.

Of course if anyone moves forward off of this it'll be him. And if the same horses lined up a month from now going two turns I would like him. But I'm sticking with the opinion he like the rest of this field isn't much. We'll see.From a Derby eligibility perspective, does anybody happen to know how any portions of the purse allocated beyond 4th place were distributed, if at all?

sandpit
02-19-2012, 09:35 PM
From a Derby eligibility perspective, does anybody happen to know how any portions of the purse allocated beyond 4th place were distributed, if at all?

Nope, the $3000 for fifth went back to the track. Here's a chart link:

http://www1.drf.com/drfPDFChartRacesIndexAction.do?TRK=SA&CTY=USA&DATE=20120219&RN=7

Indulto
02-20-2012, 03:18 AM
Nope, the $3000 for fifth went back to the track. Here's a chart link:

http://www1.drf.com/drfPDFChartRacesIndexAction.do?TRK=SA&CTY=USA&DATE=20120219&RN=7Thanks.

turninforhome10
02-20-2012, 12:01 PM
Baffert did a fine job with Drill. He realized that the way he was training him was not working and changed things up. Let the horse have a little slack and got him back on track. I do not see him as a Derby horse but he may be a very crack one turn miler. I could see him winning the Derby Trial. Creative Cause had no reason to try and engage American Act and Drill, they were fit and a stretch battle like that only had room for two. I feel that at the 1/2 mile pole, Rosario relaxed this guy back and gave him instruction on how to rate. The speed did not back up. Rosario had to think that the two in front of him would quit based on history and class, they did not. Creative Cause had passed both of them by the 7\8th pole and was galloping out strongly. I don't see a Derby winner coming from this race, but the top three all look to have some good races ahead of them. I felt American Act was very brave for a horse with lite seasoning. He looks like a real Fappiano and moves like one to. I am a big Fan of Quiet American and will be anxious to watch this guy move forward.

toussaud
03-10-2012, 07:53 PM

you are correc.t total total waste of money.

Dahoss9698
03-10-2012, 07:58 PM
you are correc.t total total waste of money.

Here was my post earlier today in the San Felipe thread.

I was against Creative Cause after his last, but I like him in this spot.

Any luck playing Fair Grounds last Monday?

PaceAdvantage
03-10-2012, 08:05 PM
you are correc.t total total waste of money.You need to keep up with the times man...it's a dynamic game and maybe they're moving too fast for you:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1246972&postcount=25