PDA

View Full Version : just put Aquaduct DOWN..what a pathetic

sammy the sage
02-16-2012, 08:44 PM
final 4 races for a Sat. card...2 claimer's for a measly 75 hundred...DISGUSTING... :bang:

theguarantee
02-16-2012, 09:39 PM
Can't get enough NYRA and I work 530-3 Saturday so I checked out the last four races and did the same. Rare for me as I'll cap about anything, but I think I'll look elsewhere this Saturday....

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2012, 09:50 PM
final 4 races for a Sat. card...2 claimer's for a measly 75 hundred...DISGUSTING... :bang:I thought both those races were pretty good betting races. In fact I used one of them for the contest card, and thought about using both.

The name of the game is to find competitive races where we might make some money, right? Not sure what you're looking for in the middle of February...

theguarantee
02-16-2012, 09:52 PM
I thought both those races were pretty good betting races. In fact I used one of them for the contest card, and thought about using both.

The name of the game is to find competitive races where we might make some money, right? Not sure what you're looking for in the middle of February...

There have been some pretty good races so far this year though...not sure the February excuse is valid? I suppose one off week isn't too much to fret over though and ultimately you're right...we're looking for good betting races...I like a race with some quality horses on a Saturday though myself.

sammy the sage
02-16-2012, 10:11 PM
I thought both those races were pretty good betting races. In fact I used one of them for the contest card, and thought about using both.

Well..if you think roulette wheel is GOOD betting...then I guess these would be good for you...

It will come down tho to whose chemist does the best job...by that I mean...literally....most of these are crips...so...and would sure help to be on THE inside...

But then again...a good p/6 carry-over always helps the handle...right ;)

Gary~G1
02-16-2012, 10:34 PM
final 4 races for a Sat. card...2 claimer's for a measly 75 hundred...DISGUSTING... :bang:
It might be a little weak because of the Monday holiday card.

duncan04
02-17-2012, 12:55 AM
It might be a little weak because of the Monday holiday card.

BINGO!!! :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
02-17-2012, 01:39 AM
Well..if you think roulette wheel is GOOD betting...then I guess these would be good for you...

It will come down tho to whose chemist does the best job...by that I mean...literally....most of these are crips...so...and would sure help to be on THE inside...

But then again...a good p/6 carry-over always helps the handle...right ;)No offense, but these sound like the words of someone who loses money on a regular basis.

I would never look at races like these and call them roulette wheels. I look at races like these and start salivating.

Tom
02-17-2012, 07:54 AM
I love those 7500 claimers - all you have to do is throw out the 3500 claimers and box the rest. :rolleyes:

sammy the sage
02-17-2012, 07:59 AM
No offense, but these sound like the words of someone who loses money on a regular basis.

I would never look at races like these and call them roulette wheels. I look at races like these and start salivating.

I'm glad you know how successful I am...I'll give you a tip for free....you should NEVER play poker for serious money ;)

Big fields are TERRIFIC money maker's...ie...the Kentucky Derby...ect...when you know that ALL are giving a 110%...so to speak.

Cheap races just not my style...and normally MOST race tracks card a LITTLE better on Sat.'s...even w/ the Mon. holiday excuse

pondman
02-17-2012, 10:39 AM

Not only that-- but the Stake and the allowance looks to be a chalk box.

If you like the maidens, Winning Moves got :2: Wes Vegas in the 6th at 6-1. Not sure how they got the horse, but you can't ignore their in the money %.

Not4Love
02-17-2012, 10:53 AM

But then again...a good p/6 carry-over always helps the handle...right ;)

That's the name of the game in NY.

PaceAdvantage
02-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Read what I wrote again...I never presumed to know any such thing about you.

I'm glad you know how successful I am...I'll give you a tip for free....you should NEVER play poker for serious money ;)

Big fields are TERRIFIC money maker's...ie...the Kentucky Derby...ect...when you know that ALL are giving a 110%...so to speak.

Cheap races just not my style...and normally MOST race tracks card a LITTLE better on Sat.'s...even w/ the Mon. holiday excuse

CincyHorseplayer
02-17-2012, 11:42 AM
I like the days when there are stakes galore,but that doesn't mean it's very exciting or bettable or the highlight of the day.Watching near walkovers in gaudy races stinks.Real sleepers on a Saturday afternoon.Competitive races at any level is what gets the blood,money,and value up.

CincyHorseplayer
02-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Damn.I posted before I read this whole thread.I'm glad because it didn't say too much.You guys are a bunch of whiny SOB's.Empty your pee bag and go hang out at Bob Evans til the wheels come off if Aqueduct's cards is affecting you this badly.:D

ArlJim78
02-17-2012, 12:40 PM
no its not the greatest saturday card you're going to see there, but while races with $27,000 purses are bottom level for NY, compared to what's going on everywhere else it's not horrible either.

pondman
02-17-2012, 01:07 PM
no its not the greatest saturday card you're going to see there, but while races with $27,000 purses are bottom level for NY, compared to what's going on everywhere else it's not horrible either.

A players got to shop around for their money. If I can get 20-1 on a horse such as Rockinarz Recruit (8th) at 20-1 in the El Camino Real (GIII) at a hole such as Golden Gate, why should a person play these cheap races with heavy weighted barns as the favorites in N.Y. You can bet Breeder cup runners at Golden Gate-- Daddy Nose Bet, Lucky Chappy.

BlueShoe
02-17-2012, 01:17 PM
Cheap races just not my style.
They are mine, seem to have a knack for them. Going the other way, it is the stakes and high level allowance races that I am unable to handle. Almost every time I cash a ticket on a cheapie am reminded of that great Garth Brooks drinking song from the early '90s, "Friends In Low Places." :D

ArlJim78
02-17-2012, 01:59 PM
A players got to shop around for their money. If I can get 20-1 on a horse such as Rockinarz Recruit (8th) at 20-1 in the El Camino Real (GIII) at a hole such as Golden Gate, why should a person play these cheap races with heavy weighted barns as the favorites in N.Y. You can bet Breeder cup runners at Golden Gate-- Daddy Nose Bet, Lucky Chappy.
well if we're going to trot out our anecdotal redboards to make our points then I should focus only on cheap AQU races because last month I hit cheap race super there that paid $1,100 for a dime.
you have to go with whatever fits your style, my style is to play all classes at nearly all tracks.

to me field size combined with the size of the pools means more than class in terms of how interested I am in playing it. I'll take a field of 11 $7,500 claimers at AQU over a 6 or 7 horse field, graded stakes race at GG.

andtheyreoff
02-17-2012, 02:06 PM
For the record, over the first three weeks of the Aqueduct season, an average of 83 horses were entered per race card.

Over the past two weeks, an average of only 77 horses have been entered per card, including an abysmal 66 on Sunday. That's a big decline.

What happened to all these horses?

FenceBored
02-17-2012, 02:38 PM
For the record, over the first three weeks of the Aqueduct season, an average of 83 horses were entered per race card.

Over the past two weeks, an average of only 77 horses have been entered per card, including an abysmal 66 on Sunday. That's a big decline.

What happened to all these horses?

They're inside playing the slots?

Tom
02-17-2012, 02:43 PM
Purse money goes up, entries go down.
Interesting.

Are they just not writing races that can fill?