PDA

View Full Version : Release notes for Handifast

Handiman
02-16-2012, 08:35 PM
There's not a bunch of changes. Just a couple. In the RT column you will now see running style and Quirin speed points listed.

The main change is at the top of the handicapping screen, you will see 4 buttons. Sprint dirt.....Sprint turf....Route dirt.....Route turf

Before loading any tracks, you must click each button and then on the subsequent popup window you will see 20 factor buttons. This is where you select which factors to use for whichever button you are creating setting for. Once you click a factor button, another popup window appears with buttons ranging from 5 to 50 in increments of 5 points. You click the button you want to associate with that factor. One value for one factor.

Each setting can have just one or up to 20 factors selected. It's up to you. Once all four top buttons have settings, then you can load up to 6 tracks. Each track will use the settings that corresponds to the distance and surface of the particular race that you are handicapping..

That's about it.

Handi :)

Handiman
02-19-2012, 02:31 AM
Just discovered major bug with S1 S2 and S3 in all but the sprint dirt setup, Just fixed the bug and sent update to PA. I'm sure he will have it posted up soon.

Sorry for the trouble.

Handi:)

AAcoolguy
02-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Hello Handi, I think I read in one of the threads that you were considering a way to save the settings. Am I right about that? If not, it sure would be nice not to have to enter all of the settings everytime. Thanks for all you do!

Handiman
02-23-2012, 07:48 PM
Yes. That will be in the next update. Maybe a while but hope to get it done in the next few weeks.

AAcoolguy
02-24-2012, 12:25 AM
That will be a great addition!

Handiman
02-24-2012, 02:25 AM
Ran into a roadblock coding the database section and had to take a break, so turned my energy toward upgrading Handifast again. The upgrade should be done and ready by Sunday night if all goes well.

When the new release is out, there will be a button at the top titled 'Load Saved Settings' which will allow the user to load the settings previously created. Oh and when you create a setting it will be saved automatically.

Handiman
02-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Upgrade is finished and sent to PA a few minutes ago for download. When he gets it up and ready for download, you can just replace the program you have now with the new files.

A major bug fix is included, and now custom settings are automatically saved. When you first open program you have to create settings and then you can go ahead and load tracks and handicap. After finishing for the day and closing out your program your settings are saved automatically, so when you open program next time, you just click on 'Load Saved Settings' and then you're ready to load any track you want and off you go.

Good Luck Racing!

barshoe
02-26-2012, 07:04 PM
HANDIMAN---THANKS VERY MUCH--THANK U DOUGLASW32--AND HEADHAWG FOR ALL U GUYS HAVE DONE WITH HANDIFAST....

Handiman
02-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Make no mistake, if it wasn't for Doug this program wouldn't even exist. And if it wasn't for headHawg it would never have gotten this far, as HH provided some code that has been instrumental in helping me overcome a couple of problems I couldn't seem to figure out.

Thank you two!!!

mikesal57
02-26-2012, 10:49 PM
Thank you guys for your hard , hard work ...and not expecting more than a thank you....AWESOME!!!

I'd like to ask if you can incorporate a PP style reader into your program?
As some know Bris has ignored an update to the PP Gen program for years.

thxs

Mike

Handiman
02-27-2012, 12:28 AM
Mike,

You'll have to be more specific cause I am not familiar with a pp reader or what it does. By that I mean what form the output is other than it must read the data files and produce something.

Handiman
02-27-2012, 08:46 AM
Thanks to PA member 'Virus' another major bug was found in last nights release. I have fixed it and sent the latest version to PA just now.

I know I must be driving you guys crazy. But want this to work correctly.

mikesal57
02-27-2012, 08:47 AM
Handi..

Its like printing out a Daily Racing Form page from the Bris data....(the good o days)

Handiman
02-27-2012, 02:04 PM
Ok I see. That takes a tremendous amount of coding and not sure I am up to the task. I will put it on the possible to do list.

mikesal57
02-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Ok I see. That takes a tremendous amount of coding and not sure I am up to the task. I will put it on the possible to do list.

no problem sir..thxs for everything

mike