PDA

View Full Version : Pat Buchanan Blacklisted

bigmack
02-16-2012, 07:28 PM
McCarthyism at its ugliest.

My days as a political analyst at MSNBC have come to an end.

After 10 enjoyable years, I am departing, after an incessant clamor from the left that to permit me continued access to the microphones of MSNBC would be an outrage against decency, and dangerous.

The calls for my firing began almost immediately with the Oct. 18 publication of "Suicide of a Superpower: Will America Survive to 2025?"

A group called Color of Change, whose mission statement says that it "exists to strengthen Black America's political voice," claimed that my book espouses a "white supremacist ideology." Color of Change took particular umbrage at the title of Chapter 4, "The End of White America."

Media Matters parroted the party line: He has blasphemed!....

...So it would seem. MSNBC President Phil Griffin told reporters, "I don't think the ideas that (Buchanan) put forth (in his book) are appropriate for the national dialogue, much less on MSNBC."

In the 10 years I have been at MSNBC, the network has taken heat for what I have written, and faithfully honored our contract.

Yet my four-months' absence from MSNBC and now my departure represent an undeniable victory for the blacklisters.

The modus operandi of these thought police at Color of Change and ADL is to brand as racists and anti-Semites any writer who dares to venture outside the narrow corral in which they seek to confine debate.

All the while prattling about their love of dissent and devotion to the First Amendment, they seek systematically to silence and censor dissent.

Without a hearing, they smear and stigmatize as racist, homophobic or anti-Semitic any who contradict what George Orwell once called their "smelly little orthodoxies." They then demand that the heretic recant, grovel, apologize, and pledge to go forth and sin no more.

Defy them, and they will go after the network where you work, the newspapers that carry your column, the conventions that invite you to speak. If all else fails, they go after the advertisers.

I know these blacklisters. They operate behind closed doors, with phone calls, mailed threats and off-the-record meetings. They work in the dark because, as Al Smith said, nothing un-American can live in the sunlight.
http://www.creators.com/conservative/pat-buchanan.html

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Buchanan-MSNBC.jpg

sammy the sage
02-16-2012, 08:14 PM
Who cares :p

redshift1
02-16-2012, 09:57 PM
Didn't know he worked for MSNBC. Never seen him before.

HUSKER55
02-16-2012, 10:03 PM
BLACKS ALWAYS PLAY THE RACE CARD. IT IS CALLED POLITICS. MY NEIGHBOR TOLD ME THAT AND HE IS BLACK AND ALSO A REPUBLICAN.

PAT IS SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER THAN TO OPEN THAT DOOR. HE HAS BEEN AROUND TOO LONG NOT TO.

Lefty
02-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Too often, when they don't like what you say, they try to shut you up.
NPR did it with Juan Williams, ESP did it with Rush, and now MSNBC with
Pat. And i'm sure there's many more instances'.

JustRalph
02-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Not really a fan of Pat, but in this case he is right.

NJ Stinks
02-16-2012, 10:40 PM
I'm sorry to see this. I didn't particularly like the guy until I got to know him on MSNBC.

JustCoolGene
02-16-2012, 11:47 PM
Pat Buchanan was one of the founding fathers on the CNN prime time political debate show called Crossfire in the early 1980's. Pat debated his conservative views against the powerful liberal Tom Braden. There was no moderator or graphics. Just two men facing each other across a table. Back in the day these two were very civilized and provided an uninhibited, fair, and balanced debate of top political issues of the day. Anyone familiar with the early shows realize how much the political discourse in this country has deteriorated into the gutter. Buchanan and Braden showed real class by showing both conservatives and liberals how to truly conduct an informative debate without hate. The times.... they are changing.

Gene

FantasticDan
02-16-2012, 11:55 PM
Pat Buchanan was one of the founding fathers on the CNN prime time political debate show called Crossfire in the early 1980's. Pat debated his conservative views against the powerful liberal Tom Braden. Back in the day these two were very civilized and provided an uninhibited, fair, and balanced debate of top political issues of the day. Anyone familiar with the early shows realize how much the political discourse in this country has deteriorated into the gutter. Buchanan and Braden showed real class by showing both conservatives and liberals how to truly conduct a debate without hate.Great post.. I was in high school during those great Crossfire days, and I would often sit with my dad and watch it with him. It was pretty much my introduction to politics..

yY4IuUByd_I

Lefty
02-16-2012, 11:55 PM
Yep, Maxine Waters called Republicans Demons.

bigmack
02-16-2012, 11:57 PM
When does someone from the loony side of things show any outrage of their comrades actions when it comes to trying to silence voices they don't like?

College campuses have been riddled with incidents of shouting down speakers. Occupy nerds are on an all out effort to interrupt.

Somebody define liberal for me.

johnhannibalsmith
02-17-2012, 12:01 AM
Somebody define liberal for me.

That's a hard one, but lake is defined thusly...

boxcar
02-17-2012, 12:21 AM
The times.... they are changing.

Gene

The times have changed. Get used to it. You are already living in another America. Too many generations of Americans have already been dumbed down. The question now becomes: Can we turn the clock back? From where I sit: Not likely.

Boxcar

bigmack
02-17-2012, 12:27 AM
That's a hard one, but lake is defined thusly...
Between Hawaii being in Asia and the definition of 'Lake' according to Wiki, I'm seeing the value of mosty in levity alone.

JustCoolGene
02-17-2012, 01:37 AM
The times have changed. Get used to it. You are already living in another America. Too many generations of Americans have already been dumbed down. The question now becomes: Can we turn the clock back? From where I sit: Not likely.

Boxcar

Many generations of American elders have said "The times have changed. Get used to it. You are already living in another America"

What do we do if America is becoming a useless and discarded pile of scrap? We recycle. Just separate the "greatness of America" from the waste. Today, America remains recyclable and will recover because it has always successfully recycled itself. It's the essence of who we are.

RECYCLE AMERICA NOW...

Gene

Greyfox
02-17-2012, 01:38 AM
Pat Buchanan was one of the founding fathers on the CNN prime time political debate show called Crossfire in the early 1980's. Pat debated his conservative views against the powerful liberal Tom Braden. There was no moderator or graphics. Just two men facing each other across a table. Back in the day these two were very civilized and provided an uninhibited, fair, and balanced debate of top political issues of the day. Anyone familiar with the early shows realize how much the political discourse in this country has deteriorated into the gutter. Buchanan and Braden showed real class by showing both conservatives and liberals how to truly conduct an informative debate without hate. The times.... they are changing.

Gene

Well said. That was a very thought provoking show with participants from both sides airing strong points for their views.

Lefty
02-17-2012, 01:48 AM
I'm with you JustCoolGene. We had better start with the next election.

bigmack
02-17-2012, 02:59 AM
I realize the viewership of MSLSD is so low that you're all given passes, howevah...

Nobody is going to comment about those nerds canning Buchanan and giving this racist a show? That's right, RAS has a show!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_wlqICI5GdgM/TORAtpNHfDI/AAAAAAAAA_I/Y7wkVjYAR1M/s1600/al_sharpton.jpg

The hit parade of Rev. Al quotes are vast.
"If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house"

“White folks was in caves while we was building empires.... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it.” (That's my favorite)

"As for the one Mormon running for office, those who really believe in God will defeat him anyways, so don't worry about that; that's a temporary situation."

PJ Buchanan looked silly on that netwoik anywho.

Fellow Mc, I oughta start a national tour for the lad.

Robert Goren
02-17-2012, 05:49 AM
Pat has every right to espouse his racist views, but MSNBC doesn't have to pay him to do it. In a way it is too bad. Pat can provide a well reasoned argument for a lot of views. His antisemitic views has crossed a line which most people don't want to go anymore. He is not espousing the same views that he did on Crossfire many years ago. If he were, he would still have a job. Maybe some other network will use him once in awhile, but they keep him on a very short lease. I know some people will say that it is his anti Hispanic views that got him fired. I doubt if that is true. He has spouting them for 20 years and there are plenty of people spouting it on all the networks without getting fired. It is the degree of antisemitism that has crept in to his writing that is new and most people find very offensive. No network will put up with antisemitism these days.

Tom
02-17-2012, 08:02 AM
This is unbelievable.
A network that employs Chris Mathews claims to have standards?????

boxcar
02-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Many generations of American elders have said "The times have changed. Get used to it. You are already living in another America"

What do we do if America is becoming a useless and discarded pile of scrap? We recycle. Just separate the "greatness of America" from the waste. Today, America remains recyclable and will recover because it has always successfully recycled itself. It's the essence of who we are.

RECYCLE AMERICA NOW...

Gene

You do know that recyclable material is weaker than when it was used in its original form, right? That it has lost some of its original integrity?

I have a better idea. Since critical thinking people, who can slap two coherent sentences back-to-back are so rare these these days, I think such people should be given Protected Minority Status and like the Indians be given their own reservation upon which to build their own sovereign nation. No garbage or recycled junk allowed.

Boxcar

BlueShoe
02-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Buchanan was the token so called house conservative on MSNBC, he was only there for window dressing to show some semblance of presenting opposing views. Now that he is gone it would be a very wise move for Fox to grab him and find a spot for him. If there is one person of national prominence whose views and opinions most closely match my own, it is Pat Buchanan, although even with him differ on some points. PB is a paleo or traditional conservative, and has often been critical of the big government neocons.

Lefty
02-17-2012, 01:04 PM
Goren, I don't think Pat is racist or ant semitic but Sharpton is and he's got
a prominent spot on MSNBC I hear.

Tom
02-17-2012, 01:29 PM
Oh Lefty, he is ok because he shares their agenda.
You know how libs are........

NJ Stinks
02-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Oh Lefty, he is ok because he shares their agenda.

Do you mean like Hannity?

johnhannibalsmith
02-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Do you mean like Hannity?

Huh? Did FOX fire Holmes or Beckel or Williams or........ don't get it... :confused:

Lefty
02-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Stinks, you can find plenty of liberals on Fox News every day. That's why I watch. I can get all viewpoints. I can't do that anyplace else.

NJ Stinks
02-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Huh? Did FOX fire Holmes or Beckel or Williams or........ don't get it... :confused:

Whenever I try to clarify my thoughts it usually backfires....

Hannity and Sharpton both are awful. But they keep their shows on the air because their agendas fit nicely with the agendas of their respective stations.

Thus the "Do you mean like Hannity?" response from me.

johnhannibalsmith
02-17-2012, 02:03 PM
Whenever I try to clarify my thoughts it usually backfires....

Hannity and Sharpton both are awful. But they keep their shows on the air because their agendas fit nicely with the agendas of their respective stations.

Thus the "Do you mean like Hannity?" response from me.

Well okay, but the context was that they let one racist, anti-semite go and kept another one aboard at MSNBC - the implication being that the one they kept shared the corporate agenda - so you can understand my confusion at your reply.

NJ Stinks
02-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Stinks, you can find plenty of liberals on Fox News every day. That's why I watch. I can get all viewpoints. I can't do that anyplace else.

Let me know when FOX News does a pro-Obama story, Lefty. Watching Beckel, Colmes, or Williams fight in the Colosseum on a daily basis is amusing but hardly sporting.

NJ Stinks
02-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Well okay, but the context was that they let one racist, anti-semite go and kept another one aboard at MSNBC - the implication being that the one they kept shared the corporate agenda - so you can understand my confusion at your reply.

Yes, I do. Sorry for the confusion.

johnhannibalsmith
02-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Let me know when FOX News does a pro-Obama story...

I'm sure they'll squeeze it in between the story on the Bigfoot capture and the one announcing the identification of Oswald's eleven accomplices.

:lol:

boxcar
02-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Let me know when FOX News does a pro-Obama story, Lefty. Watching Beckel, Colmes, or Williams fight in the Colosseum on a daily basis is amusing but hardly sporting.

Has it ever entered you mind that Obama has done nothing to deserve a positive story by FNC? Accolades or praise should be earned and not dispensed as entitlements.

Boxcar

johnhannibalsmith
02-17-2012, 02:35 PM
Has it ever entered you mind that Obama has done nothing to deserve a positive story by FNC? Accolades or praise should be earned and not dispensed as entitlements.

Boxcar

My sarcastic reply aside, one of the few blocks of news I watch on FOX is Shephard Smith in the afternoons and I don't know, it seems to me that he has no problem putting plenty of positive spin on the improved economic data. Unless someone just wants to hear commentators gush over his brilliance, I'm not sure what could be more complimentary to the president than news like that.

bigmack
02-17-2012, 02:41 PM
I get the kindergarten techniques employed by Stinky, but is he saying he thinks Hannity is as much of a racist as Rev. Al?

boxcar
02-17-2012, 03:23 PM
My sarcastic reply aside, one of the few blocks of news I watch on FOX is Shephard Smith in the afternoons and I don't know, it seems to me that he has no problem putting plenty of positive spin on the improved economic data. Unless someone just wants to hear commentators gush over his brilliance, I'm not sure what could be more complimentary to the president than news like that.

Shep is no conservative. Not surprised he'd be licking BO's boots.

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
02-17-2012, 03:24 PM

I don't watch Shepard Smith as a rule but when I have, I am impressed by his objectivity.

bigmack
02-17-2012, 03:27 PM
I don't watch Shepard Smith as a rule but when I have, I am impressed by his objectivity.
Good to hear. :rolleyes:

Do us a solid and tell us ONE person on MSNBC that is objective. Ya know, just for a good laugh or three.

I understand if you duck yet another question

NJ Stinks
02-17-2012, 03:29 PM
I get the kindergarten techniques employed by Stinky, but is he saying he thinks Hannity is as much of a racist as Rev. Al?

No.

However. I will add that you could have picked a better photo of Sharpton.

The man has lost a lot of weight. ;)

boxcar
02-17-2012, 03:39 PM
No.

However. I will add that you could have picked a better photo of Sharpton.

The man has lost a lot of weight. ;)

Yeah...and in all the wrong places where he can least afford it. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
02-17-2012, 03:45 PM
Good to hear. :rolleyes:

Do us a solid and tell us ONE person on MSNBC that is objective. Ya know, just for a good laugh or three.

I understand if you duck yet another question

You ask a lot of questions for a guy who doesn't really want to hear the answer.

OK. Joe Scarborough, Chris Jansing, and Alex Witt.

I'd add Rachel Maddow but I don't need the laughs. Still, she does praise Republicans from time to time which fits if we're just talking objectivity.

DJofSD
02-17-2012, 04:40 PM
Cool thread. Now I know which book I'm going to buy and read next.

NJ Stinks
02-17-2012, 04:57 PM

Let me guess.

This one?

http://www.amazon.com/Jack-Kennedy-Elusive-Chris-Matthews/dp/1451635087

badcompany
02-17-2012, 05:25 PM

This one is real popular at MSNBC:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0393956164.jpg

JustCoolGene
02-17-2012, 05:30 PM
You do know that recyclable material is weaker than when it was used in its original form, right? That it has lost some of its original integrity?

I have a better idea. Since critical thinking people, who can slap two coherent sentences back-to-back are so rare these these days, I think such people should be given Protected Minority Status and like the Indians be given their own reservation upon which to build their own sovereign nation. No garbage or recycled junk allowed.

Boxcar

Good post Boxcar. It's great that members of this board bounce around creative ideas.

Please allow me to point out the fact that there are two halves of the recycling process.

Upcycling is the process of converting recyclable materials into new materials of better quality.
Downcycling involves converting recyclable materials into new materials of lesser quality.

Gene

johnhannibalsmith
02-17-2012, 05:42 PM
... Watching Beckel...

Well your buddy just made me spit up my Mountain Dew during my other afternoon FOX show, the FIVE. (no wisecracks)

While discussing this Buchanan topic and talking about how he's never been told what to say or what not to say on FOX, other than obvious words, he ranted on about people using Twitter.

As he does, and I like to do, went on with a feigned ignorance to how Twitter works and misconjugated (as though there is a proper conjugation) 'tweet' into a very glamorous reference to female anatomy. I don't know how anyone was able to finish the segment.

NJ Stinks
02-17-2012, 05:57 PM
Wish I had seen it, John. :)

Maybe I'll catch the replay tonight.

badcompany
02-17-2012, 06:03 PM
I find Beckel to be a very astute politicial analyst but a complete economic imbecile. To this date, he still thinks the reason the economy has been slow to recover is due to a lack of stimulus.

Lefty
02-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Beckel also told O'Reilly that our 16 trillion debt didn't matter.

BlueShoe
02-17-2012, 06:44 PM
This one is real popular at MSNBC:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0393956164.jpg
Also popular is Das Kapital, the first volume by Marx and the the later volumes by Engels. Both works appear to have been studied and adopted as doctrine by the left or so called progressive wing of the Democratic Party.

badcompany
02-17-2012, 07:03 PM
Also popular is Das Kapital, the first volume by Marx and the the later volumes by Engels. Both works appear to have been studied and adopted as doctrine by the left or so called progressive wing of the Democratic Party.

I would describe big government liberals as "Repressed Marxists." They reluctantly admit that markets are needed; yet, will always blame every society ill on the market, and will never fail to support any intervention, regulation or tax which takes control from the market and gives it to the government vis a vis central planners.

Mostpost is a textbook example.

boxcar
02-17-2012, 07:07 PM

And another thing is dead certain: The communists in this country have adopted the Democratic Party!

Boxcar

JustCoolGene
02-17-2012, 07:09 PM
Classic Beckel...

As the segment continued, Beckel began inching his chair further and further away from the table. He then plopped his feet up on it. And then he covered his ears with his hands. Bob Beckel outright refused to discuss Solyndra.

This must be the the new modern way to act when you can't debate the issue being discussed. Maybe it's an old fashioned idea, but I enjoy when a debate host can answer the other sides point of view with an informative answer.

Watch the clip below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6RUtP4a2dA

Gene

johnhannibalsmith
02-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Classic Beckel...

To be fair, he can also be a rare free-thinker within his ideology, which is why I kind of like the guy. For the most part, he sits there outnumbered and does a pretty commendable job being a passionate liberal and lobbing back and forth with all four of the others on most political subjects.

Bob Beckel of 'The Five' says the liberals made a huge mistake by creating programs like welfare and public housing. Beckel says, "We made a dependent society because we thought we were doing the right thing."

http://nation.foxnews.com/bob-beckel/2012/01/18/beckel-admits-we-liberals-made-terrible-mistake

johnhannibalsmith
02-17-2012, 08:11 PM
Wish I had seen it, John. :)

Maybe I'll catch the replay tonight.
QEx8KhsbmOw

NJ Stinks
02-17-2012, 11:31 PM
QEx8KhsbmOw

Maybe that is the past tense of tweet! :lol:

Tom
02-17-2012, 11:36 PM
When "The 5" come on, i turn to CNN.
At least they prented to report news at 5:00.
FOX.......Fair, Balanced........and terrible.

PaceAdvantage
02-18-2012, 01:19 AM
I don't watch Shepard Smith as a rule but when I have, I am impressed by his objectivity.Why wouldn't he be objective? His program is an actual NEWS program, is it not?

He's not a commentator filling his time with his own opinions. Why do some of you guys have such a hard time distinguishing between the two?

Of course guys like Hannity (Fox) and Olbermann (when he had a job at MSNBC) are NEVER going to be objective. They aren't hosting NEWS programs. They offer political OPINION. Big difference.

NJ Stinks
02-18-2012, 02:39 AM
Why wouldn't he be objective? His program is an actual NEWS program, is it not?

He's not a commentator filling his time with his own opinions. Why do some of you guys have such a hard time distinguishing between the two?

Of course guys like Hannity (Fox) and Olbermann (when he had a job at MSNBC) are NEVER going to be objective. They aren't hosting NEWS programs. They offer political OPINION. Big difference.

I don't have a hard time at all distinguishing between the two. Here's an example of the problem:

FOX News advertises Megyn Kelly's show (America Live on from 1:00 to 3:00pm) as:

Smart, tough and trusted -- Megyn Kelly delivers fair and balanced coverage of today's top issues.

Good luck finding one story on her show that is remotely pro-Obama or shows the Democratic party in a positive light. As far as I'm concerned, that's 2 hours every weekday that is not delivering anything close to a balanced news program.

Lefty
02-18-2012, 02:52 AM
Stinks, do you have a pro Obama story? With his record I don't see any pros to report.
And the dims in general? Well you have Maxine Waters calling Republicans demons and Harry Reid in the Senate stopping every bill from the House that crosses his desk. Damn hard to find any positives.

NJ Stinks
02-18-2012, 03:05 AM
Lefty, I'm too tired to list things tonight. I did list around 10 reasons why I thought he deserved my vote a couple weeks ago. I'll see if I can put together another list in the next few days. (I'm going away tomorrow and and come back Sunday night.)

Here's a sneak preview:

You won't like the movie! :p :)

Tom
02-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Good luck finding one story on her show that is remotely pro-Obama or shows the Democratic party in a positive light.

Good grief, NJ, who do you think she is......David Copperfield? :lol:

BlueShoe
02-18-2012, 12:37 PM
And another thing is dead certain: The communists in this country have adopted the Democratic Party!
Most surely. Many years ago both Norman Thomas, the long time presidential candidate on the Socialist ticket, and Gus Hall, long time head of the American Communist Party, CPUSA, expressed delight in the fact that the Democratic Party was adopting many of the planks and policies that their party advocated. Thomas died in 1968, Hall much more recently, in 2000. If old Gus were alive today he would be positively ecstatic, since the left or progressive wing of the Democratic Party has become the de facto New Communist Party, the NeoComs.

Lefty
02-18-2012, 01:09 PM
I think I heard the Communist Party has already endorsed Obama.

boxcar
02-18-2012, 02:05 PM
I think I heard the Communist Party has already endorsed Obama.

You heard correctly. And they're fully behind the Dems. Apples do not fall far from its tree.

http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2011/08/04/communist-party-usa-endorses-obama-democrats-for-2012/

Boxcar

cj's dad
02-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Gus Hall spoke at one of our monthly union meetings at Local #31 IUMSWA ( Industrial Union Of Marine and Shipbuilding Workers of America) sometime in the mid '70's. His speech convinced me and many other(at that time) staunch Dems to rethink our position/idealogy.

So glad his speech woke me and others up.

Robert Goren
02-19-2012, 03:59 AM
I think I heard the Communist Party has already endorsed Obama.What is remaining of the KKK will come out against Obama. Pick which bunch of goofballs you want to be connect to.

boxcar
02-19-2012, 11:19 AM
What is remaining of the KKK will come out against Obama. Pick which bunch of goofballs you want to be connect to.

Well, then, an inquiring mind would like to know: Since racism would the Triple K's excuse for voting against Obama, what would be the Communist Party's excuse for voting for him?

Boxcar

Lefty
02-19-2012, 01:01 PM
I'll bet there are more Communists than KKK members. The Communists are voting for him because he espouses their ideas.
KKK'ers are just hate driven nuts.

boxcar
02-19-2012, 01:55 PM
I'll bet there are more Communists than KKK members. The Communists are voting for him because he espouses their ideas.
KKK'ers are just hate driven nuts.

I gotta reserve judgment on that, Lefty, until I hear back from RG. He's giving this a lot of thought, I"m sure. :rolleyes:

Boxcar