PDA

View Full Version : 12-20-03 Aq 6th

chrisg
12-20-2003, 03:05 PM
Those of you that picked the #9 in the 6th @ Aq today, what did you like about her?

I thought she was gonna be a tad slow with this group.

Anyone else have any input?

Thanks

Tom
12-20-2003, 04:34 PM
I picked it for just the opposite reason I posted about dominant early speed earlier-this one had best sustained pace, 2nd best late pace, and best third fraction by .80 fps....big advantage if pace collapses. My contender method gave me 8 horses in that race, to me a wide open race. The 9 was the best of the three worst so he made the cut.
Did me no good, as I structured the ticket wrong today, and even though I hade all the hosres, I didn't connect them

Light
12-20-2003, 04:58 PM
Only horse me and several others missed was the 9 in the pk4 contest who beat the 12 which would have gave us the pk4.

Susupicion: Rider of the 9 ,Castellano takes off the 9 to ride the 12. Gets beat at the wire by his ex-horse.

Question: who did Castellano wager on? Remember this is NYRA.

Fatl@DMTC.Com
12-20-2003, 07:39 PM
I probably should post this in the HM thread as well, but the 9 had the same PBS rating (at least according to me) as the 12 and with only one other horse that I felt meet the the fulcum (the 7), it was a very playable tri and exactor.

cato
12-20-2003, 11:41 PM
His numbers were about as good as anyones (okay, a lttle worse than the 12). He was bumped and steadied at the start of his last race so I threw that out and that takes me back to a race at Belmont for NW1--same as this race--where he finished 2d.

A good bet at high odds.

Cato

JustRalph
12-21-2003, 12:27 AM
I didn't like the form? even when throwing out the last race I saw he had run his best race 2 back and didn't like the fact that he was lightly raced and didn't seem to be consistent.....

so much for what I think.......just another 3 out of 4......running mid pack.......

PaceAdvantage
12-21-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Light
Remember this is NYRA.

And this is supposed to imply what exactly? Was there a betting coup involving NYRA that I missed recently in the news?

Light
12-21-2003, 02:35 AM
Castellano horse is 3/2 and his ex horse is 22-1. It sure is a coincidence that he got beat when well clear in deep stretch.Makes you think amidst all the corruption that has surfaced recently regarding N.Y. racing.

Suff
12-21-2003, 08:09 AM
Here's the angle on Puma's Pride that I used and I think many players who play the MAJORS use.

3rd time in a rising condition.

Filly Broke MD three back... had 2 efforts at allow nW1. (2nd in her 1st attempt @ 32-1) This was her 3rd attempt. Natural predictable improvement puts her on the money... Ml was 10-1.. bettors made her a $50.00 horse..

heres something of a Parameter... for a Filly like this...

3-5 attmepts to break her Maiden. (she needed a Dozen). Then 2-4 attempts at Statebred NW1 then a win... Then 3-4 attempts at Statebred NW2 then a win,, Then 2-3 trys in OPEN allwance and a win,,,

This is a Filly that put herself on 7 of 12 tickets trying to break her Madien... then did.. Had 2 trys at ALLOW NW 1 and was trying the condidtion for the 3rd time...

Competitive Number , 3rd time in an improving Condition... Nice angle..

If it aint in your bag... its worth a Look.

PaceAdvantage
12-21-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Light
Makes you think amidst all the corruption that has surfaced recently regarding N.Y. racing.

This corruption involved tellers and the IRS (tax fraud). It had nothing to do with betting on races or the outcome of such...the integrity of racing has never been called into question during this probe.

gonatas
12-22-2003, 08:09 AM
Light: You are grasping at straws. You think a jock is going to let a horse go clear in late stretch if he is going to stiff him?