PDA

View Full Version : Growth of Greyhound

wilderness
02-16-2012, 01:01 AM
This 1937 John Hervey article on Greyhound (http://www.mi-harness.net/publct/hh/greyhoundchamp.html) was online previously.

The syntax has been update.

At this point, I'm less than half-way of reactivating this website with some 250 pages active. Unfortunately many of the links do not function because either that page or same section is not yet online.

Please be patient for a few weeks.

wilderness
02-16-2012, 01:39 AM
PA,
Could you either delete this thread or modify the URL?
There is a double slash between NET and PUBLCT, and since I'm just getting rolling do not wish to deal with a double slash and the serps.

My apologies.

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2012, 03:12 AM
PA,
Could you either delete this thread or modify the URL?
There is a double slash between NET and PUBLCT, and since I'm just getting rolling do not wish to deal with a double slash and the serps.

My apologies.I'm not quite sure I follow. I fixed it nonetheless, but the same page loads regardless if it's a single or a double slash.

wilderness
02-16-2012, 03:34 AM
I'm not quite sure I follow. I fixed it nonetheless, but the same page loads regardless if it's a single or a double slash.

Many thanks for your effort and patience.

It doesn't effect how the link functions here at PA.

What happens is when the search engines pick up the URL from PA, they (SE's) then begin chasing double-slash links through the entire website, and in a circle (in addition to the single-slash links) doubling their work load.
The end result is multiple listings of the same page as duplicate content, which the SE's frown on.

The double slashes then multiply to triple and quad, and. . . . it simply doesn't end because the bots are chasing their own tail ;)

Many thanks again.

wilderness
02-16-2012, 03:57 AM
FWIW, somebody here accessed the page via aol and was denied.

Your machine is compromised (i. e., malware or virus) with at least two and possibly others softwares.
ShopperReports
FunWebProducts

Additionally the AskToolBar is something you'd wnat to get rid of as it will slow down your connection, grabbing pages and images (pre-fetch) your not even interested in.

2d additionally, your User-Agent displays:
BRI/1; BRI/2
which I'm assuming has something to do with a Brisnet software.