PDA

View Full Version : Oxymoron

Robert Goren
02-15-2012, 07:50 AM
Just when you you think you seen everything somebody comes with something this

Jonathan Sack, a Manhattan lawyer who is NYRA’s integrity counsel, a post required by state law, told the oversight board that he saw “no indication of intentional wrongdoing” in the takeout episode

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/67464/nyra-proposes-more-pari-mutuel-wagering#ixzz1mSChT7At

What the Hell is an "integrity counsel"? And why is it required by law? Do they really think people are going start believing lawyers because they the word "integrity" in their title

Ocala Mike
02-15-2012, 01:16 PM
Didn't the mob have "integrity counsels"? I think they were called consigliere. Remember Robert Duvall in "The Godfather"?

NYRA is and always has been run like a legitimized Cosa Nostra, IMHO.

Ocala Mike

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2012, 01:48 AM
NYRA is and always has been run like a legitimized Cosa Nostra, IMHO.More laughter and hysterics...

Like NYRA, all "Cosa Nostras" have to ask permission any time they want to change a light bulb at mob headquarters... :lol:

Seriously...do you just post stuff like this to get a rise out of certain folks?

Robert Goren
02-16-2012, 06:50 AM
I surprise that someone from the "NYRA can do no wrong" crowd hasn't come with an explaination for this position.

Tom
02-16-2012, 07:43 AM
How do you make the lea[ that it is NYRA's doing when you yourself said it was a STATE law?

You want NYRA to defend compliance to a law?

Robert Goren
02-16-2012, 09:48 AM
How do you make the lea[ that it is NYRA's doing when you yourself said it was a STATE law?

You want NYRA to defend compliance to a law?So has NYRA tried to change that law? or they using that position as cover whenever they been caught doing something illegal? I have no clue how things operate in NY state, but I know in Nebraska, the horse racing industry spends a lot of money on lobbying. I find it hard to imagine that they don't also in NY.

Tom
02-16-2012, 10:18 AM
So has NYRA tried to change that law?

Why would they bother?
And why would anyone care?
How does it affect the 6th race today?

sammy the sage
02-16-2012, 10:27 AM
Just give us the winner of the 6th Tom....and then...quite frankly...nobody will give a damn about nyra or the law...

johnhannibalsmith
02-16-2012, 10:35 AM
So has NYRA tried to change that law? or they using that position as cover whenever they been caught doing something illegal?...

Not to blow a cavern in this theory, but the NYRA Integrity Counsel is the group responsible for all sorts of things, like presenting the case against the horseplayer-hated trainer Jeff Mullins in the Gato Go Win saga before an adjudicative panel.

For what its worth, NYRA did minimize the (role, scope, size, expense) of this Counsel. I'm not sure what the big objection here is other than that they have a stupid title/name and didn't come to a conclusion on the takeout matter that sought to hang NYRA. I'll take the hit for being a "NYRA Can Do No Wrong" patsy here even though I pretty much only even look at their races when they are part of the PAIHL contest these days.