PDA

View Full Version : Trainer Lake /Owner Mondello - Parx today 2/13

Maryland Owner
02-13-2012, 07:24 PM
For the past several years owner Ben Mondello has been one of Scott Lake's biggest clients. Today in race 8 at Parx the 1 horse, Fivesixseven, was claimed by trainer Ramon Preciado for owner Ben Mondello - the kicker is that the horse was claimed from trainer Scott Lake and owner McCarty Racing. Did Lake and Mondello have a falling out ? Is it safe to assume that Lake no longer trains for Ben Mondello? If they are still working together, then this is extremely curious.

Maryland Owner
02-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Did a little research - entries for Parx on 2/18 -Race 4 - Dapper Devil - trainer Scott Lake - owner Ben Mondello . WOW - Does PA allow an owner to claim from a horse trained by his trainer but owned by another owner ?

Shemp Howard
02-13-2012, 08:07 PM
In Pennsylvania anything goes.

big frank
02-13-2012, 08:55 PM
wait for Lamb , he has inside info

tbwinner
02-13-2012, 09:03 PM
Did a little research - entries for Parx on 2/18 -Race 4 - Dapper Devil - trainer Scott Lake - owner Ben Mondello . WOW - Does PA allow an owner to claim from a horse trained by his trainer but owned by another owner ?

Yeah odd, usually this isn't the case, usually not allowed. Could be seen as a safety claim for Lake, claimed by Mondello with a different trainer to give back to Lake.

As the other poster said, it's Pennsylvania, anything goes.

TonyK@HSH
02-14-2012, 03:40 PM
The horse in question was not claimed by Benny Mondello. There was an error in the chart.

jeebus1083
02-14-2012, 05:14 PM
In Pennsylvania anything goes.

They should change the name to paRx racing... :lol: :D

Canarsie
02-15-2012, 10:43 AM
Here's how it all started if I recall correctly it was before 2009 like the article states.

In 2009, Lake was forced to file for bankruptcy after his previous accountant allegedly stole $1.2 million from Lake and failed to file tax returns for him for six years. Mondello has taken over as Lake's accountant and said that Lake should be out of bankruptcy in early 2011.

http://www.drf.com/news/lake-nears-membership-5000-win-club

Nothing written in here would surprise me I'll leave it at that.