PDA

View Full Version : Spring Training Right Around the Corner

andtheyreoff
02-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Any thoughts on the upcoming 2012 season?

IMO, the American League winners will look like this:
AL East: Yankees
AL Central: Tigers (by a lot)
AL West: Rangers/Angels
Wild Card: Rangers/Angels

The National League's a bit trickier. The Phillies should repeat in the East, but a bunch of teams (Cards, Brewers, Reds, Pirates) could contend for the NL Central, and the NL West is always a revolving door.

OTM Al
02-13-2012, 04:46 PM
Any thoughts on the upcoming 2012 season?

IMO, the American League winners will look like this:
AL East: Yankees
AL Central: Tigers (by a lot)
AL West: Rangers/Angels
Wild Card: Rangers/Angels

The National League's a bit trickier. The Phillies should repeat in the East, but a bunch of teams (Cards, Brewers, Reds, Pirates) could contend for the NL Central, and the NL West is always a revolving door.

Looks about right to me, but expect the Phillies to backslide a bit more this year as hitting is still lacking. Florida probably not good enough to catch them though, but will be dangerous when hot.

NL Central is going to be fairly poor. If you made me pick one, I guess I'd say Reds, but that is just a stab. As for the NL West, I have no clue. Might only need about 86 wins to take that one as they are all going to be mediocre.

ldiatone
02-13-2012, 11:14 PM
yea baby! GO BUCCOS! yea...when horses bet...

andtheyreoff
02-28-2012, 08:34 PM
With the first spring training game mere days away, I'll give this the ol' bump up.

Uncle Salty
03-08-2012, 04:12 AM
Glad spring training is here and can't wait for Opening Day!

The addition of the new wildcard spot is going to make things a bit more interesting...gives extra incentive to lock up a division and another team a shot at the playoffs.

I agree with the OP on his assessment of the American League. I think the extra wild card spot will go to the Rays, even though I would love to see the Indians catch it.

I don't follow the NL as closely, but I am curious to see how the Nats turn out. They got some real potential talent on that crew and I always like to see a team from the bottom make good and end up on top.