PDA

View Full Version : more computer questions

ljb
12-20-2003, 07:41 AM
Got this new Toshiba laptop. Wndows XP OS. Two days ago i could get on youbet with no problems. Since then i have loaded a couple of programs Quicken and Juno. Now i can't get on youbet. I can get to main page but after signing in i get error message. I am using Internet explorer as browser. Oh and one other thing i did was sign up for msn as a provider for when i am on the road.
Thanks for any and all help.

JustRalph
12-20-2003, 07:52 AM
w390uasfhla jktr29u8oy8asd hflahl ajflakfh982rylaskf
falskjfasifhuerklasjuio slfjklajf8 i skdfjlaskjfioao ;sdlfkaoufp

jflaskfjauoshios7092ur9sa;u a0oidfuioafjj sfja999jafj8

That should take care of it. If your screen starts getting garbled for no reason....the letters and numbers might w290rsfhaiofu get really screwed up.. s0dfajfpju9u90uj ....take it to service.........

Tom
12-20-2003, 08:05 AM
Did you just change to MSN? I had YouBet problems for months-couldn't even get to the login screen. Then suddenly it started working again. I don't know the technical stuff behind it, but it seems some providers in some areas might close certain portal, or ports??
YouBet was not able to help me, and my provider denied it was anything on his end, but after complining repeatedly, the problem just went away.
Do a search on YouBet or on my posts-there was quite a lot of response as to settings to check out, re-set, whatever.
If I get a chance later, I will see if I can find those posts. I think it was back around May or June.
Frustrating, for sure. Maybe one of the new proframs you loaded changed something and you need to isolate what it was.
Good luck.

ljb
12-20-2003, 08:13 AM
Tom,
Well I am still using the same isp as before (speednetllc) a cable type server. However i did sign up for a msn connection so i can get online when i go to Az. I may try uninstalling msn connection as this worked prior to that action. I also can't sign in to Scottrade using this machine. Which leads me to think it may have something to do with security settings in the browser.
Thanks for you input.
ljb