PDA

View Full Version : Tired of the jockeys at Philly

Futchie
02-13-2012, 03:17 PM
Thats all I gotta say but the amount of bonehead wide rides I get from these riders (the biggest being stewart elliot, hes the worst hack ever) is sickening...dont hesitate then rush a horse 5 wide on the clubhouse turn when the track is playing speed...get to the front or back off and save ground...do some of these guys seriously not have a f***ing clue about track bias?? Do they not pay attention...im tired of it and its rampant at Park

BombsAway Bob
02-13-2012, 03:23 PM
in the 80s, i used to look for races where Elliot & Carl Gambardella rode logical faves in the same race at Suffolk and Rock. "Stewie & Gamby" were great at putting their mounts behind tiring speed or boxed in for no reason, then suck up for 2nd & 3rd.
i Can't imagine the cash a select few made backwheeling them in Tris!

bigmack
02-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Nominations for Most Politically Correct Thread have been announced.

With regret, this didn't make the cut.

camourous
02-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Parx has gotten bad the last few months, one of the problems is they really don't seem to care, you have the same exact riders who used to ride there before slots came in that ride there now. No new blood, no one to push these guys, they do what they want and no one cares, it's sad

Robert Goren
02-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Why are you betting there if you think all the jockey riding there are idiots? Vote with your money.

duncan04
02-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Nominations for Most Politically Correct Thread have been announced.

With regret, this didn't make the cut.

:lol: :lol: Gotta say this made me chuckle!

cj
02-13-2012, 03:43 PM
I edited out the political incorrectness.

thaskalos
02-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Why are you betting there if you think all the jockey riding there are idiots? Vote with your money.

To be honest...you don't have much of a choice on mondays and tuesdays.

bigmack
02-13-2012, 03:47 PM
I edited out the political incorrectness.
That's all well and good but are you aware of the vast amount of boneheads at this joint? I'd hate to rile 'em up. :rolleyes:

Robert Fischer
02-13-2012, 03:49 PM
That's all well and good but are you aware of the vast amount of boneheads at this joint? I'd hate to rile 'em up. :rolleyes:

i kind of resemble that comment!:mad:

turninforhome10
02-14-2012, 02:44 AM
My theory (not politically correct and maybe a bit conspiracy) minded. With the purse money that is being thrown around the jocks are just taking turns going through conditions. Win with a maiden then next race float a non winner of 2 wide and get the place and keep the condition. I just know to rip up my ticket when going into the first turn the horse has a chance to get a decent position and remarkably gets scooted 2 or 3 wide to avoid nothing. It seems in the conditioned claiming races this is especially true. Running second for a 7500 N2; pays more than an allowance win in the pre slot days. Watch how many times a jock will ride through a horses maiden win and then bail for the N2L, only to meet up again 4 or 5 races later and run lights out. This is more money than these pinheads have ever seen. A far cry from the Lincoln Park meets where jocks had to set up exactas to get paid.
I just handicap the horse that looks to have either the moxy to move up in class if they win and the classy types that run in spite of the jock.
I am not really accusing any body of anything other that what looks obvious and those guys are so sneaky about holding a horse it would be a wild goose chase to hang anything on anyone. Just gotta figure out when the trainer says it is time to move up and take a chance on loosing your best friend (the condition). 4 times running second as the cheapest maiden pays how much?
It is sick and is doing nothing in Pa but getting the legislators ready to take it all back. Have we created better product? Maybe. Is it better racing? They got a lot of money, 2 tracks sometimes 3 thoroughbred tracks and not really doing much to make a dent into the players handle. Saw the same thing in IA and finally the citizens turned on Prairie Meadows and purses and meet length came back to reality when the media boys saw the pursestrings during an election year and cryed foul.
Too much money+very poor marketing and poor player quality assurance=
Fill in blank.
The purse money is way out of line and a whole new frontier in hating pinheads for poor rides is about to dawn.

PaceAdvantage
02-14-2012, 02:51 AM
Thats all I gotta say but the amount of bonehead wide rides I get from these riders (the biggest being stewart elliot, hes the worst hack ever) is sickening...dont hesitate then rush a horse 5 wide on the clubhouse turn when the track is playing speed...get to the front or back off and save ground...do some of these guys seriously not have a f***ing clue about track bias?? Do they not pay attention...im tired of it and its rampant at ParkStop betting.

Dahoss9698
02-14-2012, 11:08 AM
Stop betting.

Hopefully the backlash you receive is nothing like what I got when I suggested this a few months ago. For some reason I doubt it will.

turninforhome10
02-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Look at the overnight for PARX today not entries the overnight

9th Race. (C8) Post 3:50PM ALLOWANCE
THE "CUPID'S FOOL"
Purse $47,000 (Plus 40% PA Bred Bonus) 1 Mile
For Fillies And Mares Four Years Old and Upward Which have never won a race other
than Maiden, Claiming, Starter or Pennsylvania-Bred or Which have never won two
races.
1 PURE STRIKE (L) Doran, C Castillo, O 117
2 THIRD TIME LUCKY (L) Taylor, B Cruz, C 117
3 RAGE OF AQUARIUS (L) Preciado, R Arroyo, A 117
4 SUROOF (L) Dutrow, A Elliott, S 117
5 JULENE (L) Rogers, J Flores, E 117
6 YANBIAN EXPRESS (L) Lauer, M Pennington, F 117
7 MY SWEET EMILY (L) Preciado, G Alvarado, Jr., R 122
8 CATINGUA (L) Lynch, C Castillo, O 117
9 BELLEZZA ROSSO (L) Lynch, C Arroyo, A 122
10 MARILLA (L) Calderon, L Hernandez, P 11

Look at the double calls for Castillo and Arroyo. Only track I know of that still allows double calls. Put the pieces together and they made the race go for the feature. Castillo was named on the :1: and the :8: . Arroyo was named on the :9: which Carmouche rides now as Arroyo sticks with :3: after winning last. Alvarado bailed on the :3: and tried the bug drop in last with no response. Who needs soap operas when you got this. Is there any juice left in the tank for the :7: after chart topper in last. Arroyo has been doing well in races with setups like this. Makes the :3: look pretty tough. Can't wait to watch this one unfold.

Futchie
02-14-2012, 12:48 PM
I will stop betting there Pace Advantage. I rarely did to begin with but when you find a decent play the night before in the form. and the horse is at a betable price, its maddening too see your investment dead in the clubhouse turn. This behaviour occurs with regularity at PARX from what ive seen and heard.
As far as being politically correct. I dont really care. It's the racetrack people, one of the most politically incorrect places for years until the world changed and know you cant call a spade a spade anymore because someone might get their feelings hurt

Valuist
02-14-2012, 01:08 PM
The takeout is outrageous at Parx. Don't give them any handle. They don't deserve it.

Track Collector
02-14-2012, 01:35 PM
Yes, this situation must be frustrating.

It reminds me of some dialog on a handicapping software website a number of years ago. One user was taking about how successful the specific software was at a number of different tracks, but was complaining that it was not working very well at his favorite home track of Golden Gate.

The forum moderator's advise was classic and very applicable here:
"So, do you want to make a profit, or do you want to bet Golden Gate?".

(Substitute Prx for GG). :)

NateBracey
02-14-2012, 01:58 PM
I would look at it this way - do you make money at PRX overall? If so great, just add the bad rides to that list of reasons why you can't win 'em all. The bottom line is you either win at PRX or you don't.

therussmeister
02-14-2012, 09:56 PM
The takeout is outrageous at Parx. Don't give them any handle. They don't deserve it.

In comparison with all tracks they are not bad on WPS, exacta, and double.

appistappis
02-15-2012, 01:06 AM
riders do what the trainers tell them or they don't get rides....I would suggest that the trouble at parx is with the trainers. Anyone notice preciado has picked up j.c. guerrero's "stuff"

Tom
02-15-2012, 07:32 AM
I would look at it this way - do you make money at PRX overall? If so great, just add the bad rides to that list of reasons why you can't win 'em all. The bottom line is you either win at PRX or you don't.

Good point.
All the really matters is are you making money.
Take out, jocks, the price of hot dogs......it's all factored into your bottom line.