PDA

View Full Version : Street Life , full of run...very late !

nijinski
02-13-2012, 02:01 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed watching the replay 2/11 Aqueduct race 5 . Chad Brown's three y.o. maiden Street Life by (Street Sense) , won on his second time out .
Maybe it was a less than stellar field but I can't wait to see him run again. He was outrun for six furlongs , never in the picture . Perhaps they were crawling late that made him look better , but this one was full of run and it wasn't exactly a straight run.
Anyone else catch the race ?

NJ Stinks
02-13-2012, 02:06 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed watching the replay 2/11 Aqueduct race 5 . Chad Brown's three y.o. maiden Street Life by (Street Sense) , won on his second time out .
Maybe it was a less than stellar field but I can't wait to see him run again. He was outrun for six furlongs , never in the picture . Perhaps they were crawling late that made him look better , but this one was full of run and it wasn't exactly a straight run.

I did. Street Life looked Arazi for sure! :cool:

Striker
02-13-2012, 02:19 AM
Visually impressive. Once he switched leads in the stretch it was over. He switched back over to his left when he had to angle to the inside. He came home 1 length slower than Pretension did in the 3yo stakes race but that race was run significantly faster during the 3rd quarter in the race.

nijinski
02-13-2012, 02:19 AM
I did. Street Life looked Arazi for sure! :cool:
Did you have him?

Robert Fischer
02-13-2012, 09:54 AM

In the maiden win there were some bad signs , and at the same time Street Life was visually impressive.

Street Life is very comfortable on the left lead and therefore has ability to make up ground on the turn. Not sure what happened all race but SL was a bit green and should have been in striking range. Fortunately the pace collapsed and stopped badly making that deep close actually advantageous when it normally could have hurt SL's chances.

SL struggled to change leads when entering the stretch. This was a bad sign for his future. He managed to switch to the proper right lead while going outside of horses briefly mid stretch. Although the head-on shows Street Life to be too much leaning outside (making the head-on difficult to verify lead change with - but evident in pan angle...). This is the prime of his race win or lose.*remember this*
Finally through instincts , open space*daylight*, and jockey urging he sloppily SWINGs down inside going to the wrong lead again.

Whether the lead refreshed him or not, he showed great energy throughout his stretch run..

RECAP SYNOPSIS ANALYSIS

downgrade trip(for his maiden win) - had it his way
downgrade greenness with leads for future races.
Street Life is a *FUN* horse right now where he kind of falls for me.
For the reasons I state, along with the hype and public love, he will not be any betting value(unless he steps up right away to face a name). However he has shown enough "hints" to deserve an entry on the 'watch-list'! Street Life also has a good trainer who is one of the better with young horses and footwork.

- Now the thing to really look for and anticipate would be Street Life being set down for a drive outside and on the proper lead (as he did briefly at Aqueduct) and maintain that run through the wire. That would be a huge step forward and for that reason we may see him spotted in an easier race next out so such an education can be attained. If you see that, look out;)

good race to make some cash out of

2/11 R5 GRADED ANALYSIS

:6: TRIPENDICULAR - ++ upgrade, pending soundness
:8: STREET LIFE - Showed Talent one to watch, beware of underlay
:9: ESPIRITU LIBRE - + upgrade, game
:5: QUORUM - - DOWNGRADE, bet against similar class

Grits
02-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Wow, what a lot of bandwidth for a colt going from 6f first time out to 1.70 yds second out. Having watched the race, I didn't catch the level of difficulty that you have, neither did the chart.

Glad Chad's owners are paying him to train instead of to type.

NJ Stinks
02-13-2012, 11:53 AM
Did you have him?

No, Nijinski. I was playing Gulfstream and Tampa Bay Saturday. And I can assure you that I was definitely "looking for love in all the wrong places" at the end of the day. :( :)

Fager Fan
02-13-2012, 12:17 PM
He got a 60-some Beyer for the effort, so I'm not sure that he won't be at higher odds next out than the internet hype would make you think.

cj
02-13-2012, 12:21 PM
It was a 69, and in a race with a very, very fast half that fell apart late.

Robert Fischer
02-13-2012, 12:21 PM
Wow, what a lot of bandwidth for a colt going from 6f first time out to 1.70 yds second out. Having watched the race, I didn't catch the level of difficulty that you have, neither did the chart.

Glad Chad's owners are paying him to train instead of to type.

Actually went 1,830 yards second out. :p

nijinski
02-13-2012, 06:36 PM
In the maiden win there were some bad signs , and at the same time Street Life was visually impressive.

Street Life is very comfortable on the left lead and therefore has ability to make up ground on the turn. Not sure what happened all race but SL was a bit green and should have been in striking range. Fortunately the pace collapsed and stopped badly making that deep close actually advantageous when it normally could have hurt SL's chances.

SL struggled to change leads when entering the stretch. This was a bad sign for his future. He managed to switch to the proper right lead while going outside of horses briefly mid stretch. Although the head-on shows Street Life to be too much leaning outside (making the head-on difficult to verify lead change with - but evident in pan angle...). This is the prime of his race win or lose.*remember this*
Finally through instincts , open space*daylight*, and jockey urging he sloppily SWINGs down inside going to the wrong lead again.

Whether the lead refreshed him or not, he showed great energy throughout his stretch run..

RECAP SYNOPSIS ANALYSIS

downgrade trip(for his maiden win) - had it his way
downgrade greenness with leads for future races.
Street Life is a *FUN* horse right now where he kind of falls for me.
For the reasons I state, along with the hype and public love, he will not be any betting value(unless he steps up right away to face a name). However he has shown enough "hints" to deserve an entry on the 'watch-list'! Street Life also has a good trainer who is one of the better with young horses and footwork.

- Now the thing to really look for and anticipate would be Street Life being set down for a drive outside and on the proper lead (as he did briefly at Aqueduct) and maintain that run through the wire. That would be a huge step forward and for that reason we may see him spotted in an easier race next out so such an education can be attained. If you see that, look out;)

good race to make some cash out of

2/11 R5 GRADED ANALYSIS

:6: TRIPENDICULAR - ++ upgrade, pending soundness
:8: STREET LIFE - Showed Talent one to watch, beware of underlay
:9: ESPIRITU LIBRE - + upgrade, game
:5: QUORUM - - DOWNGRADE, bet against similar class
Chart notes do paint a different picture . We can agree he needs work on his lead changes . I think that there is a valid explanation , especially for his altering course. According to the report " he was closing into "another's heels" while in the three path at the three sixteenth pole the first time. The second time was "to elude" second place finisher when he was taken inside i believe at the five sixteenth. I think he'll be very interesting to watch down the road.

nijinski
03-15-2012, 02:57 PM
He's cross entered Saturday 3/17 for the Broad Brush , Aqueduct and the
Private Terms , Laurel.

Linny
03-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Five Sixteen, winner of the 2nd on Wed 3/14 came out of the Street Life maiden race.

KirisClown
03-17-2012, 01:36 PM
vxwDqzPD5fA

JustRalph
03-17-2012, 03:05 PM
That was some seriously slow fractions...........

Robert Fischer
03-17-2012, 05:58 PM
they got a stakes win out of this horse

The Hawk
03-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Great call Nijinsky! One edge left in this game is the ability to see things that aren't in the charts or pp's.

nijinski
03-17-2012, 11:42 PM
Great call Nijinsky! One edge left in this game is the ability to see things that aren't in the charts or pp's.
Always nice to have a young local horse to cheer on. Still love that first win
with all that ground to make up.

Striker
03-18-2012, 12:21 AM
Wood Memorial next??

nijinski
03-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Wood Memorial next??
We don't if he's fast enough yet and he looks like he still needs to work
on his lead changing. But I'll watch.
I like how he has something in his tank late and he was closer up early this time out. He was well spotted by Brown.

andtheyreoff
03-18-2012, 11:00 AM
Wood Memorial next??

Hopefully not. Running down Copy My Swagger and running down Hansen are two completely different things, and I don't think Street Life is ready for the task of doing the latter.

I'd go for the Jerome next.

NTamm1215
03-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Hopefully not. Running down Copy My Swagger and running down Hansen are two completely different things, and I don't think Street Life is ready for the task of doing the latter.

I'd go for the Jerome next.

I agree with the Wood being a steep jump in class, but I don't think I'd cut him back to a one-turn mile. If they are hellbent on trying to get graded money, the Illinois Derby would be the best spot. I would be more inclined to take the late starting route and look at him being a Belmont type horse.

cj
03-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Peter Pan should be on the radar.

Ocala Mike
03-18-2012, 08:11 PM
I like the way this horse kicks it in late; like someone's put his feed bucket out on the finish line, and nobody's gonna beat him to it! There's a lot to work with here; he was green in both of the wins, too.

Ocala Mike

nijinski
03-18-2012, 08:56 PM
His sire ran a very memorable Derby. One of my favs . Nineteenth to first.

Grits
03-19-2012, 12:27 AM
I agree with the Wood being a steep jump in class, but I don't think I'd cut him back to a one-turn mile. If they are hellbent on trying to get graded money, the Illinois Derby would be the best spot. I would be more inclined to take the late starting route and look at him being a Belmont type horse.

I try not to say a great deal about Chad's horses, but I certainly wish this one well as I liked him when he broke his maiden. Only the 3rd start, as noted, and an overnight stake, still, I've watched the replay several times since yesterday afternoon. He was hand urged, only tapped briefly. Alvarado put the stick away just inside the 1/8th pole. Street Life was rolling home mighty, mighty quick . . . . I liked that.

http://www.drf.com/news/aqueduct-street-life-may-try-wood-memorial-next

At the five-sixteenths pole, it appeared Street Life was dropping back as Alvarado pushed on his dark bay colt. He was 5 1/2 lengths back after six furlongs were run in 1:15.35. Alvarado then let the horse pick it up on his own, not resorting to the whip until he found some running room in upper stretch.

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/editorial/full_edition.cgi

"I thought he ran well, and he overcame a slow pace," said Brown, who trains the son of Street Sense for Magnolia Racing Stable and Hidden Brook Farm. "He's still learning, but he has talent."

Street Life has made three starts to date, finishing eighth on debut at six furlongs on January 5 at Gulfstream Park and breaking his maiden by 2 1/2 lengths going one mile on February 11 at Aqueduct. In both the Broad Brush and his maiden win, Street Life lagged early before launching a strong stretch run.

"(A slow pace is) always a concern, but he has a tremendous amount of stamina, and when Junior asked him for more he gave it to him," Brown said. "That's how he has trained and raced all along, so that wasn't a surprise."

Brown said he'll see how Street Life exits the Broad Brush before he decides the colt's next start, but said the Wood Memorial would be a logical choice.

"I'd definitely consider the Wood," Brown said. "The race is back a little quick, but we wouldn't have to ship. And he hasn't really had the chance to run into an honest pace."

Many may recall one of Street Life's owners--now entered under the name of Magnolia Racing Stable, LLC, Bob and Janice McNair also own the NFL's, Houston Texans. The McNairs formerly ran their horses under their Stonerside Racing Stable silks with Baffert and Pletcher training such winners as Chilluki, Congaree, Bob And John, Cowboy Cal, etc.

They got out of racing, selling their farm operations, broodmares, etc, all to Sheihk Mo. They've decided to get back into it--to have some more fun. The McNairs have wanted the Derby for a long time. Believe they've enjoyed all their stakes winners. I'm glad this one didn't go to Baffert. ;)

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/ra...ert-return.aspx (http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/racing-news/2011/06/01/mcnair-stonerside-baffert-return.aspx)