PDA

View Full Version : How about a Pen v Chip reuion

RaceTrackDaddy
02-11-2012, 08:54 PM
To the Trackmaster Consortium, Melman, Ray2000:

On facebook I read about Scott Alberg (winner of those national tourneys) was stoppiing his free picks on his site (forget the addy). Anyway I thought in a way to promote the Big M this spring with a Pen V Chip Reunion tour in Jersey going toe to toe again and if Scott Alberg would accept the invite, this could be something interesting to follow.

Of course it would be Jeff Gural's decision. I just wanted to see if there was any interest in doing something like this again.

For me, I asked my Big M Saturday night handicapper if he was in, Dave stated that he will give it his best shot. In case we do this over the whole month, I will offer the other days to the usual race analyst that covers that particular day.

rtd (aka Bobby Z)

Ray2000
02-11-2012, 09:02 PM
BigM is a lot tougher than Tioga but I'd be interested, (if some one else runs it:))

RaceTrackDaddy
02-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Think it best that the Big M should run and track the stats etc.
Hope we can get this thing to happen.

melman
02-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Just glad to see you posting again BobbyZ. Chatsworth and Ray have proven the value of a good software program. Still amazed at that Chatsworth performance at Tioga. Anytime for an entire meet where you have to pick every race it's IMO very good to have even a -5 ROI. Chats was something like plus 14.

RaceTrackDaddy
02-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Hi Mel
It is that time again for me...I close my site down before Christmas to get a break and bet the greyhounds... change of pace.

Been getting ready to get back to harness racing as we will reopen once Chester goes back to racing (March 8th)...came across a post in Facebook by Scott Alberg who will no longer be giving free picks at his site (forget the addy) but thought a reunion of sorts could be in order..would love to see happen again.

It is great to be back..

RaceTrackDaddy
02-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Contacted Amy (marketing director at Big M) and Dean from HANA.

Dean and HANA are onboard if we can pull this off. Also, Amy is interested and will check out the format used at Tioga and run it by her bosses and will get back with me later on this week. I think we can have our reunion.

I next will contact trackmaster to let them in on the workings of this. Crossing my fingers that we can get this done.

melman
02-15-2012, 01:12 PM
BobbyZ--Before any more work goes into this let me opt out. During the Tioga contest I remember doing far to much work on races I KNEW I would not be betting. How about this idea?? Get Darrin Z of the Meadowlands to fill a spot. That way you would have two "Z's" in the contest. :)

RaceTrackDaddy
02-15-2012, 02:30 PM
That is ok Mel....
I am waitiing to see if Scott Alberg is interested in joining the group.
Just heard from Allan S. (Trackmaster -Consortium) and they are willing to join in....

All we need is the Big M,,,and Amy sems like she is on board...just some things they have figure out as she will be checking in with the Tioga contest in 2010..

I really hope we can get this thing rollin...

If Scott can't particpate, I will offer Darrin Z the position....

Pacingguy
02-15-2012, 03:30 PM
That is ok Mel....
I am waitiing to see if Scott Alberg is interested in joining the group.
Just heard from Allan S. (Trackmaster -Consortium) and they are willing to join in....

All we need is the Big M,,,and Amy sems like she is on board...just some things they have figure out as she will be checking in with the Tioga contest in 2010..

I really hope we can get this thing rollin...

If Scott can't particpate, I will offer Darrin Z the position....

This is Allan S. I am not (Trackmaster-Consortium). David Siegel runs Trackmaster. I am just the 'coordinator' for HANA Harness. If you want, I will contact David Siegel to see if Trackmaster wants to participate. Just let me know what products you would like them to provide. It was the programs last time and the Chatsworth Consortium if I recall (please confirm). You are talking about doing this for a month correct? They may be willing to, but remember; Meadowlands is likely their biggest download so they may be hesitant to give the program all three days of the week. You may need to consider one day a week. Of course, we have the option of going to DRF but they don't have a Chatsworth type product.

Again, if you want, tell me what products you would want from Trackmaster and what days of the week and the duration (4 weeks, etc.) and I will contact them.

Just an FYI. The people at Tioga are trying to keep out of Mike Newlin's world. Other than telling them how they ran it on their website, don't be surprised if they direct you to talk to the Meadowlands people on this.

RaceTrackDaddy
02-15-2012, 06:28 PM
I am sorry Allan...me bad....Ok,,,,yes, please contact David Siegel for me...think they supplied the Consortium product for the contest and think it was Nick Salvi that emailed out the pp's for the individual days (unless the person had their own subscription with trackmaster).

Hope David is up for their defending their title won in 2010....

Think I will no longer contact with anyone but Amy at the Big M so as to not step on anyone's toes.

I do believe after she sees what Tioga did in 2010, we can work something out for this year...timing and format will be the biggest hurdle. We did it for a whole month in 2010, Big M might just want it for one weekend.. at least we got the conversation started.

I sent out a email to trackmaster via their customer service email portal. Do believe your call will garner much more attention. Thank you for your help Allan.

till later
rtd (bobby z)

Ray2000
02-15-2012, 06:40 PM
More than a month Bob, it was more like a season....:) May-Sep

here's the thread

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69960

beaucap
02-15-2012, 07:01 PM
I like that Avatar the best Ray. It shows that us older guys can still make good moves.:jump:

Ray2000
02-15-2012, 07:49 PM
Bo
Yep, a little slower but we can still get there. :)

Bob

I have a suggestion for the format.

Use the races and scoring format that will be in this Summer's Survival Contest. (No additional programs will have to be given away.)

Invite a few Expert Handicappers and any robots with 'the bolts' to enter and give them, (Pens and Chips) a Golden Horseshoe, meaning they can't tap-out during the contest.

Winner to be finisher with best overall ROI and compare that to the Survival Winner.

Just a thought.

Pacingguy
02-16-2012, 06:28 AM
I have contacted David and am awaiting his response. They may have provided the Chatsworth Connection last time, but I looked at their website and it is not a product they offer now. I do see they have Compubet and Compubet Pro though. Basically, I asked David if he would like to participate and if so, what product they would be willing to offer and if they would give program pages.

Will let you know once I hear back from David.

RaceTrackDaddy
02-19-2012, 03:38 PM
More than a month Bob, it was more like a season....:) May-Sep

here's the thread

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69960

I stand corrected Ray....
Still have yet to hear from Amy at the Big M...hopefully next week we will get some answer.

In the meantime, it looks pretty good to getting something longterm as something like "Pen v Chip challege on the Road to the Breeder's Crown" might be the way to support all tracks that offer the grand circuit races. Still in the planning stages but hope to have sometimg substancial when the stake season gets in earnest.
Ideally would like to start off at the Big M, move along the circuit and end up at the Breeder's in the fall.....we would cap the whole cards offered on those days.
This sport needs a shot in the arm as slot money now is being diverted away from the horsemen to the state governor's pet projects in opposiition to the original purpose of bringing in slots, to shore the horse industry and give property tax relief. Our Gov Corbett has failed in both attempts.

RaceTrackDaddy
02-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Bo
Yep, a little slower but we can still get there. :)

Bob

I have a suggestion for the format.

Use the races and scoring format that will be in this Summer's Survival Contest. (No additional programs will have to be given away.)

Invite a few Expert Handicappers and any robots with 'the bolts' to enter and give them, (Pens and Chips) a Golden Horseshoe, meaning they can't tap-out during the contest.

Winner to be finisher with best overall ROI and compare that to the Survival Winner.

Just a thought.

That is one way but how would that fit in with the Grand Circuit....
We could always use a (not knowing what the survior challenge entails) a $2 across the board ROI on the top pick but still track the Ex Key ROI.

We will have to wait and see what transpires with the Big M first and adjust our plans later on...