PDA

View Full Version : Xpressbet nickel and dime outfit

Tom
02-11-2012, 05:22 PM
I have not used my Xpressbet account for a while.
I got a post card telling me I could get $50 bucks after I bet $50, so log on today to play the Donn - at a track I never play, either. My Acc Balance seemed off to me, so I checked it out and come to find out they have been charging me $2 a month as an inactivity fee. Talk about morons. The only activity that might have cost them anything was the act of charging me $2.

The money is nothing, but I consider it a slap in the face as a customer that they are cheap MF Bastards enough do that.

I will bet the $50 and take my $50 and then I part ways with Xpress Bet forever.

Word to the wise, when you deal with these people....soap on a rope.

Striker
02-11-2012, 07:14 PM
They have a "no fees" ever all over their website and I know that they have a partnership with horseplayernow(the guys that do the night school chats) and they have required people to sign up for a "free, no fees" account to be able to chat with those guys during their live chats but not for night school. It says no monthly fees if you click under Why Wager with Xpressbet and click no fees. I would get a manager on the phone and see if they would rescind those $2 fees, unless you have already made up your mind which is what it sounds like you have already done.

Dahoss2002
02-11-2012, 07:33 PM
I've used them for about 7 years and never incurred any "inactive fees" It has been a couple years since I have been "inactive" more than 2 months. Must be something new.

takeout
02-12-2012, 07:17 AM
Word to the wise, when you deal with these people....soap on a rope.I think that’s good advice, considering the ownership.

pondman
02-12-2012, 07:42 AM
My Acc Balance seemed off to me, so I checked it out and come to find out they have been charging me $2 a month as an inactivity fee. Talk about morons.

???

I'm an account holder. Use xpressbet when I can't make it to live racing, which hasn't been for awhile. I've never heard of it.

Tom
02-12-2012, 10:13 AM
Looks like it started in September.
I could be wrong, but I don't remember being notified about it.
Look $2 is nothing, but it the principal of the thing - I leave my money there and get no interest, now the CHEAP BASTARDS need slap a fee on me for doing NOTHING on their part?

lamboguy
02-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Looks like it started in September.
I could be wrong, but I don't remember being notified about it.
Look $2 is nothing, but it the principal of the thing - I leave my money there and get no interest, now the CHEAP BASTARDS need slap a fee on me for doing NOTHING on their part?the very same thing happened to me with TVG years ago. i put $50 in the account to bet a race in japan and my bet was rejected because there was a block on where i lived. i went to use the account 2 years later and discovered that my $50 was gone. i lost my $50 and never made a bet!

the same type of thing happened to me with an IRA account that i had with a brokerage account. it was in a money market and the interest was .25% on the $2000 i had in it, they charge $50 a year maintenance fee, when i closed the account i had $1700 in it. i closed that account and the other one i had at the firm.

David-LV
02-12-2012, 12:34 PM
It always amazed me how any company or bank can have the nerve to charge you for holding your money.
I'll do it for free.:)

________
David-LV

startngate
02-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Account maintenance fees are normally a regulatory thing.

In most States, if an account has no activity in it for a specified period of time, the 'abandonded' funds have to be turned over to the State. The State will then periodically post the names of people it is holding money for, and after another period of no response from the person, it just keeps the money.

It's not just for ADWs, it is also a general banking issue, and also why many gift cards charge a fee. Some States (like CA) have laws banning the 'account maintenance fees' but most States do not.

This is another reason everyone with an ADW account should make sure to keep contact information up-to-date (especially e-mail address). If this was a new policy, I'm quite sure they would have communicated it to their customers.

Capper Al
02-12-2012, 05:08 PM
I'm going to look into this. My secondary playing account is at Xpressbet. They carry some tracks that BRISBET doesn't carry. I'll close my account if that's the case.

Tom
02-12-2012, 05:10 PM
I'm going to look into this. My secondary playing account is at Xpressbet. They carry some tracks that BRISBET doesn't carry. I'll close my account if that's the case.

Hey, if you do, please mention my name.

olddaddy
02-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Ive had xpressbet as a secondary account but its a busted account which lays dormant with coins in it. I will make sure now, Ill never leave more than coins in it if I am not using it.

foregoforever
02-12-2012, 09:47 PM
I sent a note to customer service inquiring about this. They pointed me to this in their terms & conditions. It's buried about halfway down the very long page.

XPRESSBET reserves the right to deactivate Your Account if there is no wagering activity for 6 consecutive months or, in the event that an inactive Account has funds on deposit, to assess a $ 2.00 per month account maintenance service charge until the account is no longer inactive or the balance reaches zero and the Account is closed, whichever occurs first. In the event the balance of any funds in Your Account at the time of termination and closure is less than $2.00, the balance will not be credited to you and will be retained by XPRESSBET as an Account termination processing fee.

johnhannibalsmith
02-12-2012, 10:27 PM
...as an Account termination processing fee.

That's kind of amusing. I guess "Break Your Account To Zero Fee" seemed a little too honest.

senortout
02-12-2012, 10:27 PM
BANKS used to pay you to keep your money for you, still do, but its chicken-scratch compared to what they charge for late fees, etc. Now, you are telling me that a wagering account will drain your account to zero and than keep the loose change as a processing fee when they terminate said 'inactive account....

There will come a day.......

just as an aside, I do think it would be the polite thing to do to email inactive accounts as the fee charges begin, don't you all?

senortout
02-12-2012, 10:29 PM
If YOU INITIATE THE TERMINATION PROCESS, THEY DO HAVE SOME WORK TO DO ON THEIR END, FOR WHICH THEY CANNOT CHARGE YOU!

iwearpurple
02-12-2012, 10:52 PM
I occasionally use Xpressbet, but haven't for a while. Just checked my account. They have not charged me a fee yet, but I probably have made at least a small wager every six months.

My $2.00 bet is that this thread will cause them enough grief that they will change their policy.

Tom
02-12-2012, 11:09 PM
I'm betting $50 in show bets on 1-5 shots so that I collect the $50 bonus.
Then close it out.

antigeekess
02-13-2012, 01:51 AM
Ew. Sorry, Tom. I use Xpressbet is my main wagering account; I'm on there almost daily. I've never been inactive on it long enough to find this out, I guess.

I don't suppose anybody knows of a site where I can bet Rillito in Tuscon? My favorite little bug girl is riding there right now, and I can't bet on her.