PDA

View Full Version : Media helping Obama's cause

acorn54
02-09-2012, 04:57 PM
i have been seeing alot of happy talk articles lately on yahoo
one article was about a family that went from 100k income to 30k income and finding the "true values" that matter in life
another was on the trend of multi-generational houses, and how surprised everyone in the families are on how happy they are. someone on the yahoo comments said it was an upbeat article on going broke.
another article was on the recent jobs numbers and how unemployment is trending downwards,they don't mention if the new jobs pay as much as the former jobs, hmm

ArlJim78
02-09-2012, 05:03 PM
there was a hot topic a few years ago in the media regarding "funemployment", talking about how many out of work people were having a good time, relaxing, enjoying life, doing things with their families, taking classes, etc. in other words downplaying how bad things were.

Of course this never would have happened under Bush. Back then 5% unemployment and 3% growth was considered a failure and the worst economy in 50 years, now 8% unemployment and 1% growth and it's all about how great things are and finding the real value in life..

NJ Stinks
02-09-2012, 06:23 PM
i have been seeing alot of happy talk articles lately on yahoo
one article was about a family that went from 100k income to 30k income and finding the "true values" that matter in life
another was on the trend of multi-generational houses, and how surprised everyone in the families are on how happy they are. someone on the yahoo comments said it was an upbeat article on going broke.

I hear a lot of moaning from Republicans about the percentage of U.S. households that receive government checks. Stands to reason that the trend toward multi-generational houses would mean somebody in the house is getting a Social Security check.

Just thought somebody should point out the obvious.

HUSKER55
02-09-2012, 08:21 PM
CAN'T BLAME BUSH FOR THAT!

Robert Fischer
02-09-2012, 08:43 PM
I hear a lot of moaning from Republicans about the percentage of U.S. households that receive government checks. Stands to reason that the trend toward multi-generational houses would mean somebody in the house is getting a Social Security check.

interesting

the stuff the media runs that may confuse people to think that social security or food stamps makes some big dent in the economic system
is just as much Garbage
as the obama stuff in the topic post.

its all garbage folks

pretty much ALL NEWS, all commercials and some of the shows are broadcasting you BS

The best thing about the news is it tells you who the good guys are, who the bad guys are, and what to think. This makes things incredibly easy for me and saves time between handicapping from forming insightful balanced opinions on things.:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

boxcar
02-09-2012, 08:51 PM

You meant to say, "welfare checks", right? You shouldn't confuse the two.

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
02-09-2012, 09:14 PM
You meant to say, "welfare checks", right? You shouldn't confuse the two.

Boxcar

Do the math and get back to me.

From Catholic Online:

LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - The number of households relying on assistance is partially due to the deep recession and meager recovery. The high numbers are also due to the expansion of government programs over the years.

Means-tested programs, which are intended to help the needy accounted for the largest share of recipients last year. Some 34.2 percent of Americans lived in a household that received benefits such as food stamps, subsidized housing, cash welfare or Medicaid, which is the federal-state health care program for the poor.

Another 14.5 percent lived in homes where someone was on Medicare, which is the health care program for the elderly. Nearly 16 percent lived in households receiving Social Security.

Link: http://www.catholic.org/politics/story.php?id=43131

bigmack
02-09-2012, 09:29 PM
I double-dog-dare anyone to say anything about Fox being biased and not acknowledge that most of the media is 2x as biased and MSDNC is 20 times more so.

Tom
02-09-2012, 09:32 PM

Institutionalized dependency.
Just what the dems want.
This is by design.

boxcar
02-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Do the math and get back to me.

From Catholic Online:

LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - The number of households relying on assistance is partially due to the deep recession and meager recovery. The high numbers are also due to the expansion of government programs over the years.

Means-tested programs, which are intended to help the needy accounted for the largest share of recipients last year. Some 34.2 percent of Americans lived in a household that received benefits such as food stamps, subsidized housing, cash welfare or Medicaid, which is the federal-state health care program for the poor.

Another 14.5 percent lived in homes where someone was on Medicare, which is the health care program for the elderly. Nearly 16 percent lived in households receiving Social Security.

Link: http://www.catholic.org/politics/story.php?id=43131

I challenge you to find a government site that categorizes SS as welfare. Get back to me on that one, will ya?

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
02-09-2012, 09:47 PM
I challenge you to find a government site that categorizes SS as welfare. Get back to me on that one, will ya?

Boxcar

How do you get to 49% to 50% if you don't count Medicare/SS?

NJ Stinks
02-09-2012, 09:49 PM
I double-dog-dare anyone to say anything about Fox being biased and not acknowledge that most of the media is 2x as biased and MSDNC is 20 times more so.

Post the the next video or story you find on FOX that is pro-Obama. :rolleyes:

bigmack
02-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Post the the next video or story you find on FOX that is pro-Obama.
Post the next video or story you find on MSLSD that has been favorable to ANY R in the last 8 years.

Psyche.

boxcar
02-09-2012, 10:48 PM
How do you get to 49% to 50% if you don't count Medicare/SS?

Why are you asking me? Ask those who mischaracterize what SS and Medicare is.

Boxcar

wes
02-10-2012, 09:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRKOmAPejNQ

Welfare

wes

rastajenk
02-10-2012, 09:15 AM
I live in a multi-generational household, and I ain't happy about it. Not one bit. It threatens to tear us asunder. :ThmbDown:

Robert Fischer
02-10-2012, 10:05 AM
great man