PDA

View Full Version : My Christmas Wishlist

PaceAdvantage
12-18-2003, 10:40 PM
A program that will interface with an online betting service (preferably YouBet) that will allow me to place my bets with either 1mtp or 0mtp showing on the tote (my choice), and will allow me to set odds limits (for instance, bet the #1 only at 7-2 or higher)

This program will allow me to enter bets for multiple tracks and multiple races so that I don't have to sit in front of the screen if I don't have to.

Somebody HAS to have written something like this already, right?

sq764
12-18-2003, 11:56 PM
PA, you know what would suck?? If everyone had this.. Then 1 or 0 MTP would essentially mean nothing if everyone was waiting for that time..

PaceAdvantage
12-19-2003, 01:14 AM
It would only suck if everyone liked the horses that I like....which would be doubtful considering the horses I bet these days.

DJofSD
12-19-2003, 01:42 AM
Hey, PA, I'll grant you your wish only if I can cancel a bet at either 1 or 0 MTP <BG>.

My Christmas Wish: BC races on DVD!

DJofSD

Lefty
12-19-2003, 01:43 AM
I wish I had a program that would interface with every program I have and permit me to use the TSN Procaps data file with any of them.

mauvais
12-19-2003, 03:10 AM
PA - here's some software designed to interface with Australian betting providers that sounds similar to what you are after.

http://www.twonix.com/

trying2win
12-19-2003, 04:32 AM
The Harness Racing Forum appearing at this website in time for Christmas.

Trying2win

trying2win
12-19-2003, 04:37 AM
Oops! I forgot this thread was about handicapping software.

Trying2win

WaHoo
12-21-2003, 08:54 PM
my wish is too have another contest between the different web site like PA had before, but have wins place and show, and exactas and trifectas for selections, last one Very interesting haha

pmd62ndst
12-22-2003, 01:02 PM
PA,

I've been working on a utility for my YouBet account that would do exactly that. I've been meaning to finish it but I've had a lot of "real work" to do.

Been thinking about getting to it this holiday period, because it would be a great utility to have.

PMD

JimG
12-22-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by DJofSD

My Christmas Wish: BC races on DVD!

DJofSD

You and I both. I have many years on VHS but I would like a complete set on DVD.

Jim

PaceAdvantage
12-24-2003, 04:48 AM
PMD, I will pay a more than fair sum to secure a copy of that program if and when it becomes available. It's something I dream about at night, but am too busy to pursue myself as a programmer.....

ranchwest
12-24-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
A program that will interface with an online betting service (preferably YouBet) that will allow me to place my bets with either 1mtp or 0mtp showing on the tote (my choice), and will allow me to set odds limits (for instance, bet the #1 only at 7-2 or higher)

This program will allow me to enter bets for multiple tracks and multiple races so that I don't have to sit in front of the screen if I don't have to.

The part I would like would be if you could set the bet before the service opens and have the software place the bet after the service opens, so that you could wager at, say, 5 am, or even 11 pm the night before.

formula_2002
01-04-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage

Hey, PA, with a program I've written, I could take and play your bets and still make a profit for my self.
The only kicker would be is that you have to guarantee that your bets are profitable!!:cool:

tanda
01-04-2004, 07:36 PM
I have written such software.

I use AutoMate Lite and Excel and wager through BRISBet and used both BRISBet and Racing Channel toteboards.

It is not elegant, but works. I had no programming experience at all before writing the code and macros. Basic VBA skills are all that is needed.

formula_2002
01-05-2004, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by tanda
I have written such software.

I use AutoMate Lite and Excel and wager through BRISBet and used both BRISBet and Racing Channel toteboards.

Tanda, your code is read by Brisbet code and excutes based upon your codes "bet on don't bet" instructions ?

Is that correct?

Joe M

tanda
01-05-2004, 06:36 PM
AutoMate Lite controls the overall system. Internet Explorer and Excel are opened and operated by AutoMate.

IE is used to access the toteboards and place the wagers. Excel is used to process the toteboard information in conjunction with the handicapping methodology. Past performances are imported and processed by Excel.

Excel generates the wager. It is "pasted" into IE by AutoMate and the wager is placed. It logs into BRISBet but does not use the wager interface. Instead, it places the wager in the form http:xxxxxxxxxxx. To do this, the program needs the structure of the bets including track codes used by BRISBet. These can be accessed with detective work through the BRISBet web-site.

I have played 7-8 tracks at a time.

formula_2002
01-05-2004, 07:49 PM
Tanda, thanks for the leg up.. I just down loaded automate lite and will try putting it all together .

thanks

joe m

PaceAdvantage
01-06-2004, 01:41 AM
I wish I had the bet structure and whatnot for the YouBet website. If only......

betovernetcapper
01-07-2004, 01:57 PM
About 2 years ago tanda was nice enough to spend an hour with me on the phone explaining how to work the automate software. In addition to being a nice guy he seems to have a firm grasp on this subject.:)