PDA

View Full Version : Flip Floppin!

elysiantraveller
02-07-2012, 10:56 AM
That was fast.

Obama Endorses Super PACs (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/06/president-obama-super-pacs_n_1258925.html)

rastajenk
02-07-2012, 11:00 AM
Big money is a threat to our elections, unless it's his big money.

boxcar
02-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Hypocrite Extraordinaire! He has probably had so few truthful moments in his life that they could be counted on one hand.

Boxcar

mostpost
02-07-2012, 03:48 PM
As of this moment Super PACs are legal in this country. Obama would be foolish to ignore them when his opponents are all using them.

Tom
02-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Legal has nothing to do with it.
HE said they were bad.
Now he has flip flopped when it suits him.
That speaks of his lack of character.

boxcar
02-07-2012, 04:06 PM
As of this moment Super PACs are legal in this country. Obama would be foolish to ignore them when his opponents are all using them.

You're right. Anyone without a core set of principles or values shouldn't think twice of saying one thing and doing what they condemn when it's expedient. How foolish of me to think otherwise. :rolleyes:

I don't know if this guy ever had a moral compass; for he's always losing his way.

Boxcar
P.S. Hey, Mosty, what do you think Jesus would do in this situation? Why don't you email your messiah and ask him. Maybe he'll wax Christian on you and bang out a sermon just for you.

lamboguy
02-07-2012, 06:26 PM
You're right. Anyone without a core set of principles or values shouldn't think twice of saying one thing and doing what they condemn when it's expedient. How foolish of me to think otherwise. :rolleyes:

I don't know if this guy ever had a moral compass; for he's always losing his way.

Boxcar
P.S. Hey, Mosty, what do you think Jesus would do in this situation? Why don't you email your messiah and ask him. Maybe he'll wax Christian on you and bang out a sermon just for you.just curious, which flip flopper do you enjoy more, obama flippin on the money, or romney flippin on abortion's to get elected?

when you get done with that one, tell me whom you feel is the better flip-flopper?

boxcar
02-07-2012, 06:31 PM
just curious, which flip flopper do you enjoy more, obama flippin on the money, or romney flippin on abortion's to get elected?

when you get done with that one, tell me whom you feel is the better flip-flopper?

Tough question to answer. But I can tell you that Mr. Burger Man wouldn't mind at all having Romney flip his patties for him and flop them on a platter. :lol:

Boxcar

bigmack
02-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Tough question to answer. But I can tell you that Mr. Burger Man wouldn't mind at all having Romney flip his patties for him and flop them on a platter.
Whilst you stand with all bun and no meat clinging to your Gideon.

Speaking of which, looks like The Big Guy is a flip-flooper as well. Can I assume he won't be getting your vote either?

Genesis 6:6-7:

The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain. So the LORD said, “I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth – men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air – for I am grieved that I have made them.

1 Samuel 15:35b:
Exodus 32:14
And the LORD was grieved that he had made Saul king over Israel.
Exodus 32:14
"So the Lord changed His mind about the harm which He said He would do to His people,"

NJ Stinks
02-07-2012, 07:03 PM

It's the Supreme Court that screwed us. Obama is doing what he has to do to maintain his 4/7 favoratism. :ThmbUp:

elysiantraveller
02-07-2012, 07:16 PM
It's the Supreme Court that screwed us. Obama is doing what he has to do to maintain his 4/7 favoratism. :ThmbUp:

Personally, him changing his tune on this subject doesn't bother me at all. When he kicked off his reelection campaign a full year ago everyone was talking about how deep their pockets were going to be. The realization that the GOP is going to crush them in terms of cash on hand has them very scared.

Robert Goren
02-07-2012, 07:29 PM
I hope the republicans make this central theme of their campaign. Nothing turns voters off faster than campaign finance reform talk. The only people who care the Obama "flip flop"on this issue weren't go to vote for him anyway.

elysiantraveller
02-07-2012, 07:34 PM
I hope the republicans make this central theme of their campaign. Nothing turns voters off faster than campaign finance reform talk. The only people who care the Obama "flip flop"on this issue weren't go to vote for him anyway.

You are right but he does have a track record of completely abandoning campaign promises.

boxcar
02-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Whilst you stand with all bun and no meat clinging to your Gideon.

Speaking of which, looks like The Big Guy is a flip-flooper as well. Can I assume he won't be getting your vote either?

Now, you see, Mack, you should have posted that over on the Religious topic. Over there I would have handed you your bun and your boy flipper on a platter. Suffice it to say for now and here on this thread, lest the Fox take a bite out of your rear end for pulling a 'cap hijack, that the bible is chock full of anthropomorphisms. (Big word, Mack, be sure to look it up.) :lol:

Boxcar
P.S. See, you can't take everything in the bible literally. Ask 'cap, he'll give you a course in Hermeneutics 101. :lol:

boxcar
02-07-2012, 07:40 PM

Yeah, but would Obama's new found Super Hero Jesus pull that stunt?

Boxcar

TJDave
02-07-2012, 08:09 PM
The realization that the GOP is going to crush them in terms of cash on hand has them very scared.

At some point the numbers become SO BIG as to be irrelevant. I hear talk of the Democrats raising a billion dollars. What could the Republicans do different with 1.2 or 1.3?

elysiantraveller
02-07-2012, 08:19 PM
At some point the numbers become SO BIG as to be irrelevant. I hear talk of the Democrats raising a billion dollars. What could the Republicans do different with 1.2 or 1.3?

Obama's campaign has backed off that as the money isn't coming in as fast as they had hoped. Romney is raising money at a absolutely massive level considering there are still two contenders in his quest for nomination.

When all is said and done both campaigns will probably have near equal cash flow. The difference in Super PAC money is massive, however, its very likely GOP PACs are already over the billion mark even without a candidate.

The $$ issue has the Obama team very concerned.

boxcar
02-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Obama's campaign has backed off that as the money isn't coming in as fast as they had hoped. Romney is raising money at a absolutely massive level considering there are still two contenders in his quest for nomination.

When all is said and done both campaigns will probably have near equal cash flow. The difference in Super PAC money is massive, however, its very likely GOP PACs are already over the billion mark even without a candidate.

The $$ issue has the Obama team very concerned.

I doubt that very much. Crony capitalists rarely have money problems.

Boxcar

elysiantraveller
02-07-2012, 09:35 PM
I doubt that very much. Crony capitalists rarely have money problems.

Boxcar

What are you doubting. I commend you for one of your shorter posts ever but there is little to doubt about what I said. The Obama camp has made it very clear they are concerned about the $$ the GOP is raising.

Tom
02-08-2012, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks

Principles be damned?
Anything to win?

Seems like a lack of integrity to me.
That's ok, we have Newt and mud slinging.

Just don't delude ourselves, neither side has much to brag about.
Would anyone HIRE any of these people to work for you? :eek:

hcap
02-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Now, you see, Mack, you should have posted that over on the Religious topic. Over there I would have handed you your bun and your boy flipper on a platter. Suffice it to say for now and here on this thread, lest the Fox take a bite out of your rear end for pulling a 'cap hijack, that the bible is chock full of anthropomorphisms. (Big word, Mack, be sure to look it up.) :lol:

P.S. See, you can't take everything in the bible literally. Ask 'cap, he'll give you a course in Hermeneutics 101. :lol:No, I will simply say, anyone who thinks dinosaurs and humans coexisted 6000 yeas ago is not to be believed

Hermeneutics 101, is not an appropriate means of understanding much outsude of the bible

boxcar
02-08-2012, 11:53 AM
No, I will simply say, anyone who thinks dinosaurs and humans coexisted 6000 yeas ago is not to be believed

Hermeneutics 101, is not an appropriate means of understanding much outsude of the bible

But it sure do help to understand what is inside the bible. :jump:

And whatever those two little beasties were in Job, I don't think they're around today. Funny how everyone will ridicule me based on their beliefs of what they are not or can't be, but no one on this forum or any others in which I participate has ever offered a suggestion on what they were. I guess their description defies an explanation? Kinda reminds me how people can incessantly whine and moan about a problem but can never seem to come up with a solution. You know what I mean? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

boxcar
02-08-2012, 11:58 AM
What are you doubting. I commend you for one of your shorter posts ever but there is little to doubt about what I said. The Obama camp has made it very clear they are concerned about the $$ the GOP is raising.

Why would you believe the Obama camp?

And secondly, it's one thing to complain about the windfall donations of your opponent but something else to whine about your own shortfalls. The two aren't synonymous.

Boxcar

hcap
02-08-2012, 01:24 PM
But it sure do help to understand what is inside the bible. :jump:

And whatever those two little beasties were in Job, I don't think they're around today. Funny how everyone will ridicule me based on their beliefs of what they are not or can't be, but no one on this forum or any others in which I participate has ever offered a suggestion on what they were. I guess their description defies an explanation? Kinda reminds me how people can incessantly whine and moan about a problem but can never seem to come up with a solution. You know what I mean? :rolleyes:

If there were dinosaurs, as you well know, many species were extremely large. And 2 of each of the larger species types certainly would not have worked anyway.

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/1002/charles-darwin-noah-it-s-his-fault-we-have-no-more-dinosaurs-demotivational-poster-1266403776.jpg

ArlJim78
02-08-2012, 01:38 PM
In 2008, no candidate was a bigger opponent of political action committees during the Democratic primary than Barack Obama.

While stumping in Iowa in 2007, Obama criticized his opponent John Edwards for changing his mind on 527 political action groups by allowing a former campaign manager to run a 527 on his behalf.

“You can’t say yesterday that you don’t believe in them and then today, have three-quarters of a million dollars being spent for you,” Obama said incredulously.

people scoffed when I said long ago that everything he says is a lie.
I still have seen no evidence that he's ever made a truthful statement.

boxcar
02-08-2012, 02:53 PM
If there were dinosaurs, as you well know, many species were extremely large. And 2 of each of the larger species types certainly would not have worked anyway.

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/1002/charles-darwin-noah-it-s-his-fault-we-have-no-more-dinosaurs-demotivational-poster-1266403776.jpg

You're an incorrigible and probably incurable hijacker. I've posted my answer to this post on the Religious thread.

Boxcar

boxcar
02-08-2012, 02:58 PM
people scoffed when I said long ago that everything he says is a lie.
I still have seen no evidence that he's ever made a truthful statement.

Well, actually he has. His disparaging remarks about the Constitution was an honest moment. Another one was his promise to fundamentally transform the face of America. Another one was when he expressed his open disdain for political opposition when he said, "if they bring a knife, we'll bring a gun." Another one was when he invited the Republicans to sit at the back of the bus.
So, I"m up to four fingers. But I can't think of a 5th one to fill the hand. Maybe someone else can.

Boxcar

Tom
02-08-2012, 03:28 PM
So, I"m up to four fingers. But I can't think of a 5th one to fill the hand. Maybe someone else can.

If you need a finger for Obama, I would be most HAPPY to help out! :eek:

boxcar
02-08-2012, 03:35 PM
If you need a finger for Obama, I would be most HAPPY to help out! :eek:

That was harsh, Tom... :eek: ...even coming from you. :lol:

Boxcar

Pace Cap'n
02-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Well, actually he has. His disparaging remarks about the Constitution was an honest moment. Another one was his promise to fundamentally transform the face of America. Another one was when he expressed his open disdain for political opposition when he said, "if they bring a knife, we'll bring a gun." Another one was when he invited the Republicans to sit at the back of the bus.

Boxcar

"My Muslim religion..."

boxcar
02-09-2012, 12:30 AM
"My Muslim religion..."

Go to the head of the class! You're absolutely right. I had forgotten about that one. And that was the one where he didn't even catch himself, George Stephanopoulos had to stop him from talking and correct him! I remember seeing that vid. That Muslim thing just rolled off his lips so easily, smoothly and naturally, he would have never caught himself.

Boxcar

Robert Goren
02-09-2012, 04:49 AM
Principles be damned?
Anything to win?

Seems like a lack of integrity to me.
That's ok, we have Newt and mud slinging.

Just don't delude ourselves, neither side has much to brag about.
Would anyone HIRE any of these people to work for you? :eek:
How true. Santorum will now get his reward for winning on Tuesday, An all out attack by the Romney super pacs.
The sad truth of politics is these days is that if you ran for dog catcher, some super pac would run a tv showing you petting a dog claiming you were pro stray dogs and will say the fact that you once owned stock in Alpo proves it.