PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct sudden death challange

ridersup
10-15-2001, 06:23 PM
Got booted out of the Belmont sudden death contest on Sunday Oct 14 when my selection came in 4th. Field started with 6,900 participants and as of Sun evening only 81 are left. Idea is to pick a horse to come in 1,2, or 3 every day during the meet. You can choose any horse you like from the entire card and last man standing wins $5,000. Made it for 20 days so I felt pretty good about the contest.

Well I just recieved an e-mail from NYRA that they are doing the same thing for Aqueduct and registration opens Oct 17 and you can register at the NYRA site(www.nyra.com)

I would highly reccomend this contest to any one interested in becoming highly selective in your race selections. Trying to narrow down a card to one horse puts a premium on selecting highly predictable races. Another benefit is that if you play NY your pretty well on your way to understanding the whole card.

I know it sounds easy to pick I horse out of an entire card to come in 1s 2d or 3d but believe me its not. Try it you'l like it. And who knows one of us could end up winning 5K

Ridersup

smf
10-15-2001, 06:50 PM
Way to go Ridersup! That's quite an accomplishment.

That's a good move by NYRA to offer the contest. Creates more interest in their tracks.

GR1@HTR
10-15-2001, 09:11 PM
Excellent Ridersup. That is quite an acomplishment. Unfortunately, I got booted on day 3 when I missed the cut off point by 1 minute. Looking forward to a chance to redeem myself at AQU