PDA

View Full Version : Is the Racing Channel website down?

trying2win
12-18-2003, 05:23 PM
--I just upgraded to Windows XP recently, and I can't seem to access the RACING CHANNEL website the last couple of days.

--I used to have trouble accessing that site now and then in the past. That was when I had Windows 98. At the same time, everbody else had no problem with gaining access there. A real mystery back then.

--So, in conclusion, I'm just wondering if I'm the only one having difficulty accessing the RACING CHANNEL site again, or is everone else? If I'm the only one with access problems, has anyone any suggestions on how to make a connection? Or, can anyone get the RACING CHANNEL's email address and list it in a post here? Thanks very much.

Trying2win

cj
12-18-2003, 05:44 PM
See this link:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9138

trying2win
12-18-2003, 05:58 PM
CJ,

--Thanks. I just noticed that other thread about the RACING CHANNEL in the handicapping section, after I started this thread in the off topic section. I " leaped before I looked". Guess after reading these other posts, that's a good reason I can't access their website anymore.

--The RACING CHANNEL website was very handy for getting all the scratches well ahead of time, before any races started for the thoroughbreds or harness.

--I wonder if too may offshore racebooks were using the RACING CHANNEL'S toteboard for free, and slowing down the toteboard processes?

Trying2win

BillW
12-18-2003, 06:03 PM
Guys,

I'm getting it fine today. Their warning is a 30 day notice ... they are going private in Jan. Sorry I wasn't a bit more clear in the original thread.

Bill

trying2win
12-18-2003, 06:20 PM
Bill,

Thanks for the info. If you can access the RACING CHANNEL website, then I must have a settings problem in Internet Explorer.
Guess it's time to go back to Tools/Internet Options etc. and fiddle around with the settings.

Trying2win

trying2win
12-18-2003, 06:31 PM
--The "fiddling around" with some settings in the Tools/Internet/Connections section of
Internet Explorer did the trick. Got access to the Racing Channel website now.

--I just read about their new restrictions to be added soon.

Thanks,

Trying2win

sq764
12-18-2003, 11:59 PM
In about a month, you will need to have a Oneclickbetting account to access Racingchannel.com website..

dav4463
12-22-2003, 05:45 AM
I wonder if that includes the results archives as well ?

BillW
12-22-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by dav4463
I wonder if that includes the results archives as well ?

David,

They have an address posted for comments. Not sure they are fielding questions via that address, but you can try. BTW, the message posted does say "Free information service" which may include results.

Bill